This has to stop!

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Med.

Med.

Professional Lover

• 838 posts

User's Awards

In the past couple of years or so, many major airlines have gone through rebranding and a change of their livery. Many of these airlines changed for the worst as if they are competing to be the worst. The reason I brought up this topic is because of the recent release of China Eastern's new livery. It's so pathetic so I said I had enough. I am an aviation enthusiast but it is depressing at the same time abhorrent to see some of the world's most iconic airlines to one by one turn into an abomination in the sky. If this is becoming a trend, how could the aviation world look like and be like in 10 years time? This really has to stop!

To visualize it more, this is what I am talking about...  :furious:  :furious:  :furious:

15044024181_812342132e_z.jpg

China Eastern's old livery wasn't good to begin with but this one is way worse. The most disappointing part is that someone got paid a lot for creating this trash!

Other airlines that were flushed down the toilet before it:

2490535.jpg

2488290.jpg

Malaysia airlines has what I like to call, the "double disaster liveries".

2495125.jpg

zzzzzzzz.....

2494733.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......................

2492656.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......................

2494730.jpg

Seriously, what's wrong with the "old" one?

just to name a few

:hmmph:

edit: Mods, if you may move this to the Real World Aviation forums, please do so. Upon seeing China Eastern's new livery, I was filled with so much rage that I wasn't able to post the new topic in the correct forums.

iJIXDA4.png

KmaD8AM.png

Ongots Khaan

Ongots Khaan

The current khan of AE

• 411 posts

K. So MAS has better livery than old time. Why are you complaining? It has national symbol. Wau. Compare to older livery including MSA. Those were crappier than current. And you say is crap. Y u no look at older liveries and complain then?

vsauce

vsauce

travelling at 35 km/h

• 636 posts

User's Awards

failing miserably at creating something modern and simplistic. They all look awful med.

09f14b347b.jpg

xjF8rVw.png

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

I liked the Finnair and Iberia ones.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Malaysia Airlines livery on A380 actually look nice, the old livery wouldn't suit the new plane, although I agreed with the new livery on their narrowbody.

While Finnair actually look good, it represent Finland really well: Snow, Cold, and Fresh. Although their old livery do look great.

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

The new Avianca is sexy. end of. 

however, I agree with the rest.

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

Med.

Med.

Professional Lover

• 838 posts

User's Awards

My point is most of these airline's old liveries were amazing but they took huge steps backwards and it seems like it's all happening now and it's becoming a trend to throw away great liveries and replace them with bland, unimaginative ones (compared to the ones they replace). I think beauty is still in the eye of the beholder but there's a point where something will just be generally considered not beautiful. Sure maybe someone will think that the elephant man is a very attractive person but in general, he will always be known for his deformities. Sure maybe someone will come and say the CES's new livery is the best there is (probably why it got painted on a real plane) but in a general sense, it's hardly a livery. It's just a name and a logo.

Similar to those airlines mentioned above, their old liveries were pieces of art which were playful and with creative use of lines, curves, shapes, gradients, color combinations, patterns, etc. but were replaced by a design any one of us here can come up with in 10 minutes.

iJIXDA4.png

KmaD8AM.png

n.x.w.m

n.x.w.m

taiwanball

• Data Collector
  • 2,061 posts

OK, Avianca's livery actually looks nice. :P

And I have a few pointers to bring up:

1) China Eastern: This livery is ONLY FOR THEIR 77W'S, IT IS NOT A REBRAND. (thank god :P )

2) tbh, I like the Malaysian livery on the 738, IDK about you guys :/

3) Japan simply did a rebrand because of fuel saving costs or some crap like that iirc, its not because they were tired of the old brand.

4) I agree with you about Finnair and Iberia, their new liveries are absolutely s***ty ^_^

cUDPatH.jpg

Med.

Med.

Professional Lover

• 838 posts

User's Awards

OK, Avianca's livery actually looks nice. :P

Compared to this?

5438748918_c9ef199092_z.jpg

I didn't think so. Avianca's old livery was one of the best ever! :P

I was absolutely excited to see it on the 787 until I was fed with disappointment.

iJIXDA4.png

KmaD8AM.png

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

I say the newer livery is better than the old one :P

Med.

Med.

Professional Lover

• 838 posts

User's Awards

I say the newer livery is better than the old one :P

C'mon!

Well, eye of the beholder. I understand.  XD

iJIXDA4.png

KmaD8AM.png

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts

I actually kind of like Iberia and Aviancas new livery. But if you wanted to express your opinion further, you should have used Iberia Express' new 'livery' :P

Med.

Med.

Professional Lover

• 838 posts

User's Awards

I actually kind of like Iberia and Aviancas new livery. But if you wanted to express your opinion further, you should have used Iberia Express' new 'livery' :P

Oh God you're right! It's absolutely hideous.

EC-JSK-Iberia-Express-Airbus-A320-200_Pl

iJIXDA4.png

KmaD8AM.png

Luft

Luft

IVIVI

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2          2   

I'm probably going to get whacked for saying this :P but I think that certain Eurowhites have come out to be perfectly beautiful. Air China, Cathay Pacific, SWISS, Virgin Australia, Virgin Atlantic, TAM, LAN, Alitalia, TACA, Garuda Indonesia, Iran Air, Oman Air, Hainan Airlines/Hong Kong Airlines/the whole HNA group, Caribbean Airlines, the OLD JAL livery, Biman Bangladesh, the new Avianca, EVA Air, and Thai Airways have all exhibited quite nice looking liveries using mostly white colouration. 

However, then you have the "crapmobiles" like Air France, Lufthansa, Brussels Airlines, the NEW United, China Southern, Asiana, Lion Air, Transaero, China Eastern (both OLD and NEW), Delta, the OLD Aeromexico, SAS, and Norweigan.co have made liveries look ugly beyond belief.

QITdCef.png

Med.

Med.

Professional Lover

• 838 posts

User's Awards

I'm probably going to get whacked for saying this :P but I think that certain Eurowhites have come out to be perfectly beautiful. Air China, Cathay Pacific, SWISS, Virgin Australia, Virgin Atlantic, TAM, LAN, Alitalia, TACA, Garuda Indonesia, Iran Air, Oman Air, Hainan Airlines/Hong Kong Airlines/the whole HNA group, Caribbean Airlines, the OLD JAL livery, Biman Bangladesh, the new Avianca, EVA Air, and Thai Airways have all exhibited quite nice looking liveries using mostly white colouration. 

However, then you have the "crapmobiles" like Air France, Lufthansa, Brussels Airlines, the NEW United, China Southern, Asiana, Lion Air, Transaero, China Eastern (both OLD and NEW), Delta, the OLD Aeromexico, SAS, and Norweigan.co have made liveries look ugly beyond belief.

I'm not complaining about eurowhites. There are eurowhites that are absolutely gorgeous. I'm just venting out my disappointment that one day the sky will be filled by ordinary text boxes as airlines are exchanging their brilliant and iconic liveries for liveries like the new CES.

iJIXDA4.png

KmaD8AM.png

TJ/TeeJay

TJ/TeeJay

The Flying Dutchman

• 369 posts

KLM also changed their livery on some of their EMB190s :

klm-cityhopper-erj-190-100-14klmlr.jpg

And to be fair, the old one didn't look bad but this one is even better. :wub: (In my opinion)

No signature.

PC Will

PC Will

AE'spolice officer (in training).

• 505 posts

I don't see the issue to be honest, what you "like" and "dislike" is a matter of opinion, in the same way what is "disgusting (aesthetics wise)" and "Nice" is different to someone else.

As it stands, I quite like all of the liveries posted in the above, I wouldn't say any were "bad".....

gallery_7626_9_1537.jpg

MSC Application (Papersift): Passed 08/2015 Written Assessment: Passed 16/10/2015 Interview: Passed 16/10/2015 Fitness test: Passed 16/10/2015 Medical: Passed 16/10/2015 
Vetting: Passed 01/2016  Induction Evening (NSY): Attended 12/02/2016 Training: Completed 07/03/2016 - 11/04/2016 - 24 Day Intensive AttestationCompleted Sunday 12th June
First Shift: Sat 20/08/2016 19:00-04:00

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PC Application: Passed August 2016 Online tests: Passed October 2016 Day 1 Assessment Passed February 2017 Day 2 Assessment Passed April 2017 Vetting Status: Cleared Training intake start date: 30th August 2017
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016 Retina Macbook Pro w Touchbar 256GB SSD i5 2.9GHZ

Custom built PC:

Corsair Obsidian 750D Full ATX Case
Intel Core i7-6850k Six Core @ 3.6GHZ
ASUS X99 Motherboard
Corsair Hydro H100i V2 CPU Cooler
32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHZ
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1080TI 11GB GDDR5X
250GB Samsung 850 Evo Solid State Drive
500GB Samsung 850 Evo Solid State Drive

james767

james767

AE Know It All

• 175 posts

Malaysia Airlines livery on A380 actually look nice, the old livery wouldn't suit the new plane, although I agreed with the new livery on their narrowbody.

While Finnair actually look good, it represent Finland really well: Snow, Cold, and Fresh. Although their old livery do look great.

The one thing I don't get about Malaysia Airlines is that they have 2 livery's and are no common theme, which airline like jet blue uses. This let them get away with having different livery's. 

I do also like the new Finnair livery and it fit there small planes well, but I would not work on the A380 or 777 I think. 

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts

Oh God you're right! It's absolutely hideous.

Not that livery, that's alright. I was talking about this 'livery' (if it can be called that)

Iberia_Express_Airbus_A320-211_EC-FQY.jp

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

XD

That is called a cheap mess :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic