• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

tlacey

tlacey

Chief Executive Officer

• 49 posts
  • Skype Name:tom.egroup

Hi everyone,

Please excuse me if this is not the right forum but I wanted to bring this up. The gate system seems to be a little off for the realistic worlds and makes it impossible to grow your airline after about 3/4 years into the game. Trying to find cities to fly to is almost impossible, the best example is South America when the top 20 airports are all out of gates. I don't know the solution, the simple one seems to up the amount of gates but then that gets rid of the realism. The alternative is you have a tonne of airlines (like me) building terminals everywhere they want to fly which makes the game tedious at best. 

Everything else gets a thumbs up but this area is bumming me out. 

Cheers!

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

you dont need major airport to make money i mean you can make 200k on a 50 demand route all u need a an alliance with a ton of hubs

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

so try fly to small airports in DA country

tlacey

tlacey

Chief Executive Officer

• 49 posts
  • Skype Name:tom.egroup

Yeah I get that, but to try and be a 'realistic' airline is difficult flying Paris - some mountainous airport in Tibet.  

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

is there a small secondary airport there try flying there if so

Med.

Med.

Professional Lover

• 838 posts

User's Awards

I get you. The best solution is the slot-based gate leasing system and alliance terminals which I hope will com with AE4.

iJIXDA4.png

KmaD8AM.png

Airboss777

Airboss777

Just don't mess with me

• 564 posts

User's Awards

20    15    9    2   

iquit

iquit

AE Luver

• 296 posts

User's Awards

6       3    7   

Just like in real life, you don't always get what you want. Airlines can't just fly to wherever they want. Landing slot negotiation (if I'm not mistaken) is a gruesome process.

vsauce

vsauce

travelling at 35 km/h

• 636 posts

User's Awards

[
just edit it out maybe.. asap ^_^

09f14b347b.jpg

xjF8rVw.png

TheMan

TheMan

I am a person

• 950 posts

I get you. The best solution is the slot-based gate leasing system and alliance terminals which I hope will com with AE4.

If you bring up this topic to Yuxi it might do as you know the things Yuxi says will be done in AE4.

Dawn│Dusk Inactive Member │ World Alliance Executive Member

9IYxwsM.png

jjtlac.png

33ae5gw.png

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

In the "no political restrictions" worlds, you can open terminals anywhere in the world. You spend more money but at least you can get in to any airport.

In the "Realistic" worlds, my strategy is to go for the foreign routes first as much as possible. So if I'm based in the U.S. for example, routes to Canada, South America, Asia & Europe are more of a priority than US domestic routes. By the time I get back to them, even if all the gates are taken, I can always build terminals anywhere in the US. Those that focus on the domestic routes first tend to end up in your situation - all dressed up & nowhere else to go.

Playing as Australian Airlines, you'd probably have to do the Aussie domestic routes first to generate the cash to get the longer range aircraft to reach the rest of the world. And as you say, by then, a lot of the gates are gone.

The other option is to play the "no airline limit" game worlds. In these, I'll have one "main" airline, & a dozen others operating all over the world, which serve purely as "gatekeepers". When my main airline is ready to fly there, I can close routes & return a gate in one of the other airlines. It then becomes instantly available, & if I'm quick, I log out of that airline, log into the main one & grab the gate (before someone else does!). Eventually, gate by gate, all the other airlines of mine will be shut down, leaving one big global airline.

Well, I've just given away all my strategies. I hope not too many people read this.

I'm pretty sure you can get into some deep s*** for having slot-hogging airlines. 

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Med.

Med.

Professional Lover

• 838 posts

User's Awards

If you bring up this topic to Yuxi it might do as you know the things Yuxi says will be done in AE4.

I didn't understand exactly what you mean but 'above has been suggested before.

iJIXDA4.png

KmaD8AM.png

Hawai'ian

Hawai'ian

Friendly Neighborhood Rocky

• 315 posts

AE 4

:giggle:

TheMan

TheMan

I am a person

• 950 posts

I didn't understand exactly what you mean but 'above has been suggested before.

I Meant if you Tell this problem to Yuxi he can maybe put it in AE4 and yes sorry Alaska I obviously Forgot that AE4 was Never gonna come out. :P

Dawn│Dusk Inactive Member │ World Alliance Executive Member

9IYxwsM.png

jjtlac.png

33ae5gw.png

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

I usually used Heavy Jet for gates shortages, A380 and B747-400 would do the job, just like in real life

iquit

iquit

AE Luver

• 296 posts

User's Awards

6       3    7   

just edit it out maybe.. asap ^_^

You purposely quote him so whatever he typed remain in this thread even after he edited it our, didn't you?

Nobody would do those anyway. It is much easier to just look for someone offering shared control and shutdown his airline to takeover his gates plus aircraft or stealthily steal his gates one by one.

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts

The best solution is the slot-based gate leasing system and alliance terminals which I hope will com with AE4.

I am almost positive this is slated to ship with the first iteration of AE4 (as part of the core functionality and logic of gameplay).

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

Kirkland

Kirkland

AE King

• 1,504 posts

I think a solution would be to link total gates at airports to the passenger traffic worldwide.

If DFW got as much traffic in real life as it did IG then I'm confident it would have far more gates.

nWcLJH0.png

Hawai'ian

Hawai'ian

Friendly Neighborhood Rocky

• 315 posts

AE4

:giggle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users