Photo

Request that you keep the "Open Worlds" as they are and only apply proposed changes to "Realistic Worlds"

* * - - - 5 votes

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts
Request that you keep the "Open Worlds" as they are and only apply proposed changes to "Realistic Worlds"

As the name suggests "Open Worlds" are NOT realistic otherwise they would be called "Realistic Worlds"

so what I am asking for is for the 2 "Open Worlds" to be operated as "Unrealistic Worlds":

- Increased passengers at airports (a MINIMUM 500% increase over "Realistic World" passenger numbers")
- All Aircraft available for the ENTIRE length of time the World Runs (from Beginning of world to End of world)
- No Restrictions (NO Gate, Terminal, Flight Pair Restrictions at all)
- UNLIMITED GATES at airports
- UNLIMITED amount of Terminals per airline
- Gate & Terminal costs that are 50% the cost of the "Realistic World" Gate & Terminal costs
- Airplane rental costs that are 50% the cost of the "Realistic World" Airplane rental costs
- Operation (Gate, Airplane etc) costs that are 50% the cost of the "Realistic World" Operation (Gate, Airplane etc) costs
- Default employee costs of "$7" for all positions with no 'ding' to airline reputation

this would mean we as Airline Empires players would have 2 choices:

- "Realistic Worlds" that would be completely realistic down to the Nth degree,

- "Open Worlds" aka "Unrealistic Worlds" that would be for players who want to focus on competition
  and NOT worry about the 'small details'

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

I don't like this idea. O1, O2 and S3-B are all open, right? But what if someone wants to make a realistic airline in an Open World? I suggest keeping at least one.
EDIT: As I mentioned elsewhere, my early days here were mainly in O2, where I got the training and experience to make a profitable airline, as well as a knowledge of which planes work, and which don't. Often I do see players who set up their account, left, then come back after months, and they can't join S4. Of course, an O world is the next best thing. If they're put into an extremely unrealistic O world, then they won't be great in an R world, in my opinion. So while I do support this idea, I also support perhaps leaving O2 and S3-B as they would be, with O1 becoming a 500 airline world.

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts

I don't like this idea. O1, O2 and S3-B are all open, right? But what if someone wants to make a realistic airline in an Open World? I suggest keeping at least one.

Then just select a "Realistic World" ?

The issue is more about the coming changes to Airline Empires that will make AE worlds harder to play for people who are only interested in the competition aspect of the game, and not the "nitty gritty" details.

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts

or

- 1 "Open World" as implemented now (no changes to this world)

- 1 "Unrealistic World" that would be for players who want to focus on competition

compromise:  1 "Open World" to be operated as a "Unrealistic World":

INCREASED PASSENGER NUMBERS:
- Increased (unrealistic) passenger numbers at airports (a MINIMUM 500% increase over "Realistic World" passenger numbers")

ALL AIRCRAFT AVAILABLE:
- All Aircraft available for the ENTIRE length of time the World Runs (from Beginning of world to End of world)

HIGHER AIRCRAFT DELIVERY RATES:

- All Aircraft delivered as "Start delivery in 1 DAY" and "and deliver one aircraft every 1 DAY"

NO RESTRICTIONS:
- No Gate Restrictions (ie UNLIMITED GATES at ALL airports)
- No Terminal Restrictions
- No Slot Restrictions
- No Flight-Pair Restrictions

Lower world costs: (that are at a minimum 50% the costs in the "Realistic" and "Open" worlds)
- Lower Gate costs
- Lower Terminal costs
- Lower Airplane lease costs

- Lower Airplane operation costs
- Lower Airplane Fuel costs
- Default employee costs of "$7" for all positions with no 'ding' to airline reputation

We always have discussion about adding realism to AE4, and indeed i like the idea of adding a lot of realistic features that are missing.

But it seems many ignore the simple fun of making a stupid airline, operating DC-9s into 2050, and paying your staff in magic beans.

Basically, i think all the realism features of AE4 should be coded with an 'Off switch' at world creation, so that we can have 'easy' worlds and 'hard' worlds

For example, in a hard world, there would be slot restrictions at night time and passengers would be less willing to fly at these times, While perhaps in an easy world the passenger simply wouldn't mind leaving at 4am on a saab to go 30 miles.

ScamIFS, or a similar method of 'easy money' could also be retained, for an 'easy' world (Ideally easy worlds would be configurable entirely, so any combination of features could be done)

Fuel cost could be another factor - in a hard world you would certainly need to replace your DC-9s by 2013 at the latest, economically. In an easy world, costs could remain at lower levels throughout this decade and the previous one.

I guess what I'm thinking is, "The fun shiny bits of AE4 with the difficulty of AE3.1"

Either that, or we could just have 1-2 AE3.1 legacy worlds i guess.

Basically, Realism isn't everyones idea of fun, but don't discount it offhand, i guess. :/

Oh, it also provides a useful "Containment zone", so those of you playing away in your realistic worlds probably won't have to worry about WongaJet coming onto your trunk routes since it's so much easier to do it in the 'Easy' worlds.

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

LLC, check the edit on my post.

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

Indeed Fox, that is why I propose to keep a few Open Worlds. If this is made, there would be a drop in spammers in O2, leaving it quite empty and a brilliant place to toy around with ideas in.

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts

The unrealistic world, as proposed here, really sounds like it could just be a sandbox world. It would very likely lower costs enough that, with scam-ifs, any airline could profit even at $1 fares. Combined with the demand increases, competition would be almost entirely gone.

Incidentally, I would like to see a sandbox world that was accessible to all players, rather than just new ones.

Actually if implemented as suggested below this would be a
CUTTHROAT WORLD
as everyone would be focusing on competing  :dance: 

or

- 1 "Open World" as implemented now (no changes to this world)

- 1 "Unrealistic World" that would be for players who want to focus on competition

compromise:  1 "Open World" to be operated as a "Unrealistic World":

- Increased (unrealistic) passenger numbers at airports (a MINIMUM 500% increase over "Realistic World" passenger numbers")

ALL AIRCRAFT AVAILABLE:

- All Aircraft delivered as "Start delivery in 1 DAY" and "and deliver one aircraft every 1 DAY"

NO RESTRICTIONS:
- No Slot Restrictions

Lower world costs: (that are at a minimum 50% the costs in the "Realistic" and "Open" worlds)
- Lower Gate costs
- Lower Terminal costs

TheMan

TheMan

I am a person

• 950 posts

All aircrafts available at any time, unlimited gates. O_O  :sulk:

Dawn│Dusk Inactive Member │ World Alliance Executive Member

9IYxwsM.png

jjtlac.png

33ae5gw.png

Hawai'ian

Hawai'ian

Friendly Neighborhood Rocky

• 315 posts

So many tl;dr posts.

Guest_Trans World Airlines_*

Guest_Trans World Airlines_*
  • Guests

Hey guys, just think :

If this idea goes into affect... it might lower spam lines in realistic worlds, so the realistic worlds are more competitive and fun to play in without dealing with 10,000 aircraft airlines. Just think this might actually work.

Hawai'ian

Hawai'ian

Friendly Neighborhood Rocky

• 315 posts

I like it though.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,364 posts
I think you are misunderstanding the purpose of the "open" worlds. The difference is not about realism in general, only whether political restrictions are enabled.

What you are proposing is really a sandbox world that's even more sandbox than the current sandbox world. In any case, I'm not sure what "proposed changes" you want to withhold from open worlds, but even in AE 4 they'll be the same as realistic worlds except for the lack of restrictions on traffic rights.

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts

I think you are misunderstanding the purpose of the "open" worlds. The difference is not about realism in general, only whether political restrictions are enabled.

What you are proposing is really a sandbox world that's even more sandbox than the current sandbox world. In any case, I'm not sure what "proposed changes" you want to withhold from open worlds, but even in AE 4 they'll be the same as realistic worlds except for the lack of restrictions on traffic rights.

What I am worried about is the proposed AE 4 changes will make Airline Empires even harder to play than it already is,
thus my suggestion for a "unrealistic world" as your AE 4 changes will require a "sandbox" (your term not mine)

that is not limited by old our accounts are.

So what this means is as you progressively make Airline Empires more difficult to play there will be a need to have
"easier worlds" (aka "unrealistic world") that are available for EVERYONE to play or you Yuxi will in effect will be
matching up a Elementary School Basketball team against a professional NBA basketball team.  (OUCH)

EDIT - so Yuxi what I am suggesting (asking for) is 1 "unrealistic world"

(I do not refer to it as a "sandbox" as I view it as a world for players who are unable to succeed in any of the other Airline Empires

worlds ... a "special-ed Airline Empires world" http://en.wikipedia....ecial_education so to speak )

So basically a "minor league" version of Airline Empires 

NO "(S4) Sandbox World 90 DAYS OLD LIMIT":

- The "unrealistic world" would be available for everyone to play.

ALL AIRCRAFT AVAILABLE:

NO RESTRICTIONS:
- No Slot Restrictions

- Lower Gate costs
- Lower Terminal costs

iquit

iquit

AE Luver

• 296 posts

User's Awards

6       3    7   

even harder to play than it already is,

Do you find it hard because your airlines are losing money big time or because you can't get to the top rank? (I looked at your airlines and assume it is the latter)

What makes you think your listed changes will let you rule? It is a multiplayer game and whatever is easy to you will be even easier for others, widening the gap and making you lose even more.

KawaiiBert

KawaiiBert

AE Player

• 68 posts

User's Awards

+1 #latepost

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

EDIT: As I mentioned elsewhere, my early days here were mainly in O2, where I got the training and experience to make a profitable airline, as well as a knowledge of which planes work, and which don't. Often I do see players who set up their account, left, then come back after months, and they can't join S4. Of course, an O world is the next best thing. If they're put into an extremely unrealistic O world, then they won't be great in an R world, in my opinion. So while I do support this idea, I also support perhaps leaving O2 and S3-B as they would be, with O1 becoming a 500 airline world.

S3-B is realistic I think.

wgOP4y0.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users