Photo

A380 Ban

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

WorldWide Ltd. CEO

WorldWide Ltd. CEO

Worldwide International CEO

• 182 posts
Since their are political restrictions implemented into the worlds i suggest that the following are also implemented:

1- Ban of A380 flights into Sau Paulo, Brazil

2- Ban of A380 flights into India until mid 2014 where Singapore Airlines launced the first A380 flight into India.

3- (Since timetables has been listed in AE4) Sydney Airport 11pm air curfew.

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

but then we would have to add noise restriction  laws and all that cuz the a380 bans arent the only ones

Appassionata

Appassionata

AE Player

• 42 posts

User's Awards

2    4    2      

Then there would be around 30~40 airports that can handle A380s - it's like if Emirates don't fly there, the airport is not available.

schotz89

schotz89

• 190 posts

User's Awards

I like this idea it adds realism and keeps from loading up on dumb routes and being uncompetitive.

Atalntis Alliance

Amtran

Amtran

TZ Guru and 757 Fan(atic)

• 436 posts

If I recall, gate sizes were something to be implemented into AE4. Perhaps the A380 could be in a very-large aircraft category, with bans on some gate sizes at different airports, in updates after AE4?

DWA_Sig_3_12.png

My current active brands:

Nordic, Transbaltika

Randallator

Randallator

Train Fan

• 337 posts

User's Awards

Thing is what about airports that can handle the A380 but don't have flights yet, Dub for instance

2rLn142.pngmsg-26818-0-86969200-1392319731.png

#aerlingus&ryanairworldbestairline

Pineair

Pineair

AE Luver

• 474 posts

User's Awards

10    16    12       9   
Would be in favour of the phasing out of service of older aircraft as they fail to reach noise pollution levels as they are tightened.probably most unrealistic aspect of AE whrn you have tridents or 707s flying in the 2020's. You would have to get a five year warning as in real life.

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

One could argue if they still flew, a hush kit could be bought.

TheMan

TheMan

I am a person

• 950 posts
Not the airports that doesnt have any A380 yet but the airports which can't handle the maintenance should be banned.

Dawn│Dusk Inactive Member │ World Alliance Executive Member

9IYxwsM.png

jjtlac.png

33ae5gw.png

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts

It's arguable to which airports to restrict with the A380 though... like iirc BHX doesn't quite have everything to handle regular A380 service however if an airline such as EK shows interest in A380 services they would get the equipment in to make sure the airport was A380 rated. Or in other cases I'm sure airlines would subsidise the buying of equipment for certain airports so they could use A380s. 

TheMan

TheMan

I am a person

• 950 posts

It's arguable to which airports to restrict with the A380 though... like iirc BHX doesn't quite have everything to handle regular A380 service however if an airline such as EK shows interest in A380 services they would get the equipment in to make sure the airport was A380 rated. Or in other cases I'm sure airlines would subsidise the buying of equipment for certain airports so they could use A380s.

I agree with you. However, some airports just dont have maintenance capacity to handle with the plane, like IST.

9IYxwsM.png

jjtlac.png

33ae5gw.png

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts

But wasn't there a rumor that Qantas were to be leasing a couple A380s to Turkish? :P So I'd say IST is relativity capable of A380 service

TheMan

TheMan

I am a person

• 950 posts

But wasn't there a rumor that Qantas were to be leasing a couple A380s to Turkish? :P So I'd say IST is relativity capable of A380 service

Ok you may be right. Lets say other airports.

9IYxwsM.png

jjtlac.png

33ae5gw.png

Northern

Northern

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,623 posts

User's Awards

2    2    4   

I agree with you. However, some airports just dont have maintenance capacity to handle with the plane, like IST.

Maintenance isn't the issue as the aircraft would only be stopping in for 2 hours, the issue is ground strength and clearance, not many medium sized airports have enough clearance for the beast we know as the A380 but as will said, if there's a will there is a way.

BHX did once handle the A380 and although they did mess it up, they did manage to get the AC around and going albeit with LHRs equipment.

banner_signature_northern.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users