Photo

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, your thoughts

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Malaysia MH370 (68 member(s) have cast votes)

Was this accidental or intentional (suicide,terrorism,ect.)

1. Voted Accidental (23 votes [33.82%])

Percentage of vote: 33.82%

2. Voted Intentional (45 votes [66.18%])

Percentage of vote: 66.18%

Was this a hull loss incident (where it crashed) or was the plane taken by somebody

1. Voted Hull Loss (49 votes [72.06%])

Percentage of vote: 72.06%

2. Voted Plane Taken (19 votes [27.94%])

Percentage of vote: 27.94%

Do you have any theories as to what happened (if yes please explain)

1. Voted Yes I have a theory (28 votes [41.18%])

Percentage of vote: 41.18%

2. Voted No I don't have a theory (40 votes [58.82%])

Percentage of vote: 58.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

ветер

ветер

I might be starting to become an AE member now.

• 97 posts
I believe it was an electrics fire that slowly wiped out the glass cockpit on the 777 and he failed at ditching the plane and slipped under. Before the could evacuate.

OMG-Trivia-08-05-11.jpg

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

It's gone. 

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

the nsa knows where it is lets ask them

vsauce

vsauce

travelling at 35 km/h

• 636 posts

User's Awards

Helios 522?

09f14b347b.jpg

xjF8rVw.png

.Julicos.

.Julicos.

Concorde Fanatic

• 15 posts

For the second that airplane maked the wrong decision to flight under an warzone.They acuse russian rebels for that now ,but were the rebels to find an BUK antiaircraft system!?Putin gives to russian rebels some help but no so heavy weapons (also those are require special crew to know to use the radar locking mechanism e.t.c.).But the ukranians have BUK antiair sustems they would dont understand that plane was civilian (or they would shot it down intentionaly and acuse it to russian rebels).Now eachother are blaming for who shot it...But the most potend is that ukranians maked it.It was huge mistake that they allowed that route and was considered "safe".

I have post it on another thread also.

Royal Airliner

Royal Airliner

Old Member

• Validating
  • 7 posts

it is just underwater

PacificAirways

PacificAirways

Busy Bee

• 316 posts
Fire. Pilot tried to turn back. Passed out and plane continued on heading until it ran out of fuel and hit the ocean. Feel sorry for passengers as they likely banged at the cabin door but they have no way of getting in and maintaining control.

Pacific Airways - Head of Public Relations, Globe Alliance

Photo%202-11-2014%203%2000%2046%20am.png

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts
I think the plane was deliberately set into a descent towards the Indian Ocean, possibly around 100 feet a minute. All cabin crew and pilots killed. Hijackers jump from the plane, and leave it to fly away from straight of Malacca.

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

I think the plane was deliberately set into a descent towards the Indian Ocean, possibly around 100 feet a minute. All cabin crew and pilots killed. Hijackers jump from the plane, and leave it to fly away from straight of Malacca.

As anyone in the Aviation Engineering business will tell you, one cannot just jump from a plane. If a plane is dropping at 100 fpm, it needs to be doing a good speed. With the 777, that is completely unsurvivable as it would be doing 700km/h at least. Opening an exit, if even physically possible, would lead to a quick cabin depressurisation, which would lead to a massive and very noticeable wreck over the crash site.

Guest_AAL_*

Guest_AAL_*
  • Guests

Fire. Pilot tried to turn back. Passed out and plane continued on heading until it ran out of fuel and hit the ocean. Feel sorry for passengers as they likely banged at the cabin door but they have no way of getting in and maintaining control.

Possible, however I think ATC would hear something if this were the case

PacificAirways

PacificAirways

Busy Bee

• 316 posts

Possible, however I think ATC would hear something if this were the case

Thought this too however perhaps the fire was in the coms equipment area?

Pacific Airways - Head of Public Relations, Globe Alliance

Photo%202-11-2014%203%2000%2046%20am.png

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

As anyone in the Aviation Engineering business will tell you, one cannot just jump from a plane. If a plane is dropping at 100 fpm, it needs to be doing a good speed. With the 777, that is completely unsurvivable as it would be doing 700km/h at least. Opening an exit, if even physically possible, would lead to a quick cabin depressurisation, which would lead to a massive and very noticeable wreck over the crash site.

They would have slowed the plane, shut off cabin pressurisation, and en jumped. Passengers may have used their oxygen masks and passed out when the oxygen ran out.

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

They would have slowed the plane, shut off cabin pressurisation, and en jumped. Passengers may have used their oxygen masks and passed out when the oxygen ran out.

You'd need to slow the plane to about 60 km/h to make it survivable. I'd guess Stall Speed is 200 km/h. A 777 could not maintain -100fpm at that speed.

S K Y

S K Y

None of anyone's interest

• 865 posts

User's Awards

7    4   

Despite I'm admitedly very interested about this issue, I don't know the purpose of bringing back the matter, and it's not old enough to be an historical event either.

I hope we will eventually now what had happened to the flight, but I guess that will take a very long time.

msg-21998-0-02795400-1542637702.png

msg-21998-0-01263700-1542637720.png

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

The CIA plant explosion on board and then used it as an excuse to invade another country next year?  :S

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

I think that someone hijacked the plane, but didn't know enough to actually fly the plane. It was far enough in the ocean that whoever hijacked it couldn't actually do anything about it. He ran out of fuel and it crashed. Simple. And, what private island could fit a 777 without having

• cell service
  • surveillance by satellite
  • a runway
  • if there is a runway, wouldn't it have to be regulated? Eventually, someone would think "Oh, there's a runway in the Indian Ocean and someone probably could have taken the plane there!"

wgOP4y0.jpg

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

I think that someone hijacked the plane, but didn't know enough to actually fly the plane. It was far enough in the ocean that whoever hijacked it couldn't actually do anything about it. He ran out of fuel and it crashed. Simple. And, what private island could fit a 777 without having

• cell service
  • a runway
  • if there is a runway, wouldn't it have to be regulated? Eventually, someone would think "Oh, there's a runway in the Indian Ocean and someone probably could have taken the plane there!"

For the second that airplane maked the wrong decision to flight under an warzone.They acuse russian rebels for that now ,but were the rebels to find an BUK antiaircraft system!?Putin gives to russian rebels some help but no so heavy weapons (also those are require special crew to know to use the radar locking mechanism e.t.c.).But the ukranians have BUK antiair sustems they would dont understand that plane was civilian (or they would shot it down intentionaly and acuse it to russian rebels).Now eachother are blaming for who shot it...But the most potend is that ukranians maked it.It was huge mistake that they allowed that route and was considered "safe".

That's MH17.

wgOP4y0.jpg

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

• cell service
  • a runway

That's MH17.

Thought this too however perhaps the fire was in the coms equipment area?

There is no ATC, I think, in the middle of the ocean.

wgOP4y0.jpg

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

• cell service
  • a runway

There are several airport in Indian Ocean, one of them happen to be Diego Garcia Military Base. (American military base)

eastwind

eastwind

AE Addict

• 858 posts

Planes crash. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users