Photo

New Cabin Seating system

* * * - - 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: New cabin arrangment system (68 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this a good idea

1. Voted Yes (67 votes [98.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 98.53%

2. No (1 votes [1.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.47%

Vote Guests cannot vote

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

You choose the seat pitch and how many seats abreast. The game then calculates a seat width and subsequent comfort rating with the prior information.

e.g. I choose 32" seat @ 3-3-3 on a 777-300ER. The game then calculates that seat width is 18.5" and provides a rating of 80. 

Well, what configs will be available, 3-2-3, 3-3-3, 3-4-3, 4-4-4, so on. 

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

Well no, 4-4-4 would be illegal per FAA as any passenger must not cross more than 2 seats to reach the aisle. I'm assuming that if such a system were to be implemented then there would be 3 boxes where you select the number of seats  per column so to speak. Realistically though, you can't fit much more than 10 abreast in a 777. Personally I would still like the current system to retain, though am not bothered if a different system be implemented in addition to the current one as opposed to superseding it. 

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,363 posts

All legal configurations will be available, including those you mentioned and more interesting ones like 2-4-3, 3-4-2, etc. :)

mxax-ai

mxax-ai

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 585 posts

User's Awards

3    3      

All legal configurations will be available, including those you mentioned and more interesting ones like 2-4-3, 3-4-2, etc. :)

I want 3-6-3 in my CRJs.

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

I want 3-6-3 in my CRJs.

Not happening, unless you want standing class and no aisles.

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

Well no, 4-4-4 would be illegal per FAA as any passenger must not cross more than 2 seats to reach the aisle. I'm assuming that if such a system were to be implemented then there would be 3 boxes where you select the number of seats  per column so to speak. Realistically though, you can't fit much more than 10 abreast in a 777. Personally I would still like the current system to retain, though am not bothered if a different system be implemented in addition to the current one as opposed to superseding it.

It needs to have a 2 section for narrowbodies.

zahrul3

zahrul3

AE Player

• 36 posts

An addition - the preferred price of the seats should follow a mathematical formula in which the better the seat and its service, the more passengers will pay, and so too the opposite in which pax would only want to sit in a 28' pitch economy class seat if the ticket is dirt cheap(partially solves spamlines).
The formula should also account for range. The longer the range, the bigger the difference between an average and an outstanding product. This will solve longer-ranged spamlines, and just like in real life, should make long-range low-cost difficult.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users