Photo

Gates dissapearing

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

• 6 posts

Hi

I have experienced a few times now that after leasing a certain number of gates at an airport, the lease of gates I do not use (e.g. when there are more than 50 slots available at the airport) will terminate. As an example, I had leased two gates at AAL, each with a monthly cost of ~14k, total monthly cost: ~28k. Suddently one day, I only had one gate available at AAL, however, the price - ~28k a month - remains the same!! In the mean time, someone else has leased the last gate at AAL, meaning that I now need to build a terminal at AAL if I want to expand my operations, despite the fact that I am still paying for two gates!

The same thing happened at my HQ and hub, BLL. As it is my HQ, I had leased 5 gates per default, but one day two of the leases had been terminated without notice, despite the fact that the monthly lease cost (500k) remained the same! When I manually leased two more gates again, so I had a total of 5 once more, the lease cost went down to equal normal monthly gate leasing cost times 5 (around 140k) instead of the 500k you normally pay for gate leasing at a hub.

Needless to say, this is highly problematic - if inactive gates just dissapear, this means I cannot expand operations at a given airport, even though I have specifically leased the gates with the intention of future expansions. Furthermore, if the price either stays too high (e.g. paying for two gates although you only have access to one) or is set too low (e.g. paying 140k although you should be paying 500k for 5 gates) then it is completely impossible to work out your monthly gate cost and of course it could also give airlines an unfair advantage in the game!

I do hope that this matter will be seen to imminently.

Kind regards

Jonathan / Hammer Airways

Yoshi

Yoshi

Non-revving since birth

• 164 posts

Umm, you might want to tell Yuxi or another AE developer.  I have no explanation for this.  At least the developers have a good chance of knowing what's going on.

KHCoAFp.jpg
A member of SkyWorld | Former member of "old" Azure
YoshiCraft2011 YouTube channel
#2K11 blog
If you'd like a livery designed, feel free to PM me.
--Yoshi

• 6 posts

I have of course reported it in the issue tracker as well, as per the rules.

**OLT@22.Hrvatska**

**OLT@22.Hrvatska**

CEO Of The Blue1 Brand

• 61 posts

User's Awards

2    2      

As far as I know unused gates will be terminated unless they are at a hub or you have a terminal at the airport. There's a limited amount of gates at each airport and this is designed to let others use those gates without one person just keeping them all to themselves even though they're not using them. I must say it gets pretty annoying when you're trying to expand and you cant because all the gates have been leased out. 

I Have Flown on: ATR 72, Q400, Airbus: 319, 320, 330 Boeing:737-800, 747-8, 767-300ER, Embrear 175,190

• 6 posts

As far as I know unused gates will be terminated unless they are at a hub or you have a terminal at the airport. There's a limited amount of gates at each airport and this is designed to let others use those gates without one person just keeping them all to themselves even though they're not using them. I must say it gets pretty annoying when you're trying to expand and you cant because all the gates have been leased out. 

But this happened at my hub as well. Furthermore, the lease was not properly terminated; the number of available gates simply dropped while the price remained the same.

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Go to Gates, click Resync Slots. Your costs return to normal.

• 6 posts

Go to Gates, click Resync Slots. Your costs return to normal.

Did not work, nothing changed.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,363 posts

Unused gates are returned to the airport automatically after 2 consecutive months of non-use. This use-it-or-lose-it policy was implemented because some airlines used to lease and hog all the gates they could as an easy way to block competititors from entering the market.

The monthly gate cost not being updated in the process was a bug, which is now fixed for automatic gate returns from this point forward. :)

• 6 posts

Unused gates are returned to the airport automatically after 2 consecutive months of non-use. This use-it-or-lose-it policy was implemented because some airlines used to lease and hog all the gates they could as an easy way to block competititors from entering the market.

The monthly gate cost not being updated in the process was a bug, which is now fixed for automatic gate returns from this point forward. :)

Thanks. I'm still paying for two gates at AAL, although I only have access to one. Could this be reset please?

klaasvinkie

klaasvinkie

AE Addict To-Be

• 23 posts

hello

i have also a problem the number of gates are under the 0 so somtimes the number of gates is -18 or somting like that

sorry for my bad english

grtzz

Mobeer

Mobeer

AE Luver

• 325 posts

User's Awards

8       2    2   
By design: If a new airline is created then it gets 5 gates at its home airport, regardless of how many were previously available. This then leads to negative gates available when a new airline firms at an airport with 4 or less free gates.

klaasvinkie

klaasvinkie

AE Addict To-Be

• 23 posts

oke thx for your answer ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users