Photo

What are the advantages and disadvantages of joining an aliance?

R2

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

James Knox

James Knox

CEO of Horizon Airlines

• 4 posts

Hello, I do not know very much about this game and it's mechanics. I may have joined a year ago, but I forgot about it quickly after, so consider me new.

What benefits are there to joining an aliance? How about disadvantages?

Is joining an aliance better than not joining any?

Other than a small reputation increase and connecting flights, what else do aliances offer?

Thanks!

4USjIJq.png

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Alliances have no disadvantages. They bring members closer together, provide a reputation increase and connecting passengers.

James Knox

James Knox

CEO of Horizon Airlines

• 4 posts

Alliances have no disadvantages. They bring members closer together, provide a reputation increase and connecting passengers.

So, it would be advisable to join an aliance in all cases?
When looking for an aliance, what should you look for?
Do aliances care about who they let in?

(At the time of writing this...)
On R2, I operate EchoAir. It's halfway through the game. My airline is: a few months old, has 3 Boeing 737's, makes ~600k a day, 17 destinations, and operates out of Saudi Arabia.The only other airline in Saudi Arabia is SAUDIA, which is ranked 12. I steer clear of SAUDIA, as of right now. Probally an unintelligent question, but should I apply for the aliance they are in or stay low and out of their way for the most part?

4USjIJq.png

Mobeer

Mobeer

AE Luver

• 325 posts

User's Awards

8       2    2   
Most alliances are purely for convenience. A few will have basic rules (like one airline per country) and may even contain airlines cooperating together.

The disadvantages of an alliance:
- you might end up with a rival airline that has nothing against yours except your choice of alliance
- trying to complete with another airline in the same alliance is difficult if they fly to your hubs and hence get connecting passengers from your flights

Amtran

Amtran

TZ Guru and 757 Fan(atic)

• 436 posts

For all intents and purposes, if you want the connecting passengers and extra rating from being in an alliance, any one will work. If you want to work in an alliance with near-guaranteed cooperation, etc., join a forum alliance. Some of the forum alliances offer other benefits, like help with livery/logo design, etc.

DWA_Sig_3_12.png

My current active brands:

Nordic, Transbaltika

James Knox

James Knox

CEO of Horizon Airlines

• 4 posts

Most alliances are purely for convenience. A few will have basic rules (like one airline per country) and may even contain airlines cooperating together.

The disadvantages of an alliance:
- you might end up with a rival airline that has nothing against yours except your choice of alliance
- trying to complete with another airline in the same alliance is difficult if they fly to your hubs and hence get connecting passengers from your flights

So, it would be most beneficial for me to look for an aliance that does not fly from Saudi Arabia. That way, I would get the max possible number of connecting passengers and therefor more money? In addition, I should look into joining something that has alot of airlines based where I fly to? (Primarily Europe, but I'll fly to other nearby places if I can profit from it) That would probally maximise connecting passengers, as far as I understand.

For all intents and purposes, if you want the connecting passengers and extra rating from being in an alliance, any one will work. If you want to work in an alliance with near-guaranteed cooperation, etc., join a forum alliance. Some of the forum alliances offer other benefits, like help with livery/logo design, etc.

I'll take a quick look into the forum aliances, so as not to bother you with questions that can be answered just by searching.

4USjIJq.png

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Forum alliances have high standards for airlines. Your application to one is put to a vote so you may be turned down.

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts

Pros and cons of joining an airline alliance:

Pros: ..

Cons: lots of drama

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,458 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Find alliance who have at least 600 destinations, you will get the Network Reputation maxed up, it helped built up your own reputation in game

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: R2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users