Photo

How to operate flights

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

mayank17

mayank17

• 1 posts

I have created routes with aircraft assigned to them. I thought flights would automatically be operated on them but this did not happen and my leased aircraft were seized and cash balance went into negative figures. Can u tell me how flights would be operated and revenue earned?

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,363 posts

You're earning revenue but nowhere near enough to cover your costs because you have (1) too few aircraft and (2) extremely low utilization on those aircraft.

I suggest starting over with a new airline in S4 and:

• lease several aircraft (preferably used so you get them immediately) instead of spending all of your cash buying 1-2 outright
  • keep starting new routes until you have no free hours left on your aircraft
  • repeat as your cash level allows, keeping in mind your cash will decrease on the 1st of each month (to pay monthly expenses like aircraft maintenance, gate leasing, etc) and on the 15th (payroll)

loopsix

loopsix

• 9 posts

Just like the real world; the more often your airplanes are flying, the more likely you are to earn a profit.  As long as you keep it in the green, you're good to an extent, but longer routes with high capacity aircraft will generate more revenue based on distance and landing fees.  And don't hesitate to substitute a smaller aircraft on a route if you already have larger aircraft filling the capacity of F & J class.  The A319-100LR is excellent for supplementing routes of pretty great distances in Y class.  One more suggestion for you:  Try to maximize use of CTR programs i,e. A318,319,320,321 or 757/767 are both considered same equipment types for maintenance and flight crew.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users