Photo

Most Fuel Efficient Plane in AE?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Lord Letto

Lord Letto

AE Player

• 64 posts

To My Calculations of a few planes with a lease cost of under $60K, the plane with the Lowest Fuel Flow per Pax was the Cessna-Remis F406 (176 Fuel Flow/12 Seats Max = 14.6666666667 FF/Pax)

Can anyone Possibly find a better, more fuel efficient plane?

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

We don't look for efficiencies. Also, just noting your system, shouldn't it be fuel flow per 100 miles? While you may have found the F406 best, PC-12s do 80mph more.

grimsleeper

grimsleeper

AE Player

• 44 posts

User's Awards

Cost Average Seat Mile would be a better equation than straight FF per pax.

A340-300, gets my unscientific vote for best CASM is AE.  If it was that good in reality Boeing would be bankrupt.

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

the ATR-42-200 was probably the best plane in AE history.It used to have <1k fuel flow, I want to say about 250 ff to 50 pax, IIRC.(This was updated so it's now 2.5k, but a possibly interesting note nonetheless.)

The Short 330 has a 1200 ft which is quite good. Originally it wasn't really very good because it did 190 MPH but now it does 220, which is acceptable ^_^ .

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

well it's kind of out of the $60K budget but you gotta go big, A380, B747-8i, B777-300, A330-300, A340-200/300, that's it

or you can do good with A320-200 and A321-100

xarxa

xarxa

prop enthusiast

• 40 posts

The CL-44 Yukon and Tu-114 are phenomenal mid-sized planes with good range and excellent fuel efficiency.  The Tu-114 is a little runway-hungry for a plane of that size but that's really the only downside.  I actually don't use these planes anymore because it feels like I'm cheating.

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

Like a spamline, basically? 60 year old CL-44s flying into London City from Transatlantic flights isn't very realistic. Especially since LCY didn't open until 1985 or so.

kaarlows

kaarlows

AE Player

• 60 posts

Bombardier Q400 NextGen is the answer
Excellent fuel efficiency for it's size with best speed in class. Add to this the nice range, reasonable runway requirements and good turn time and you have a win-win aircraft. 

The ATRs 72-series are very economical planes too and considering you have an option of smaller plane within the same family and that you can play them for a good part of the game, they're must-have in most airlines. 

Best jet-powered plane is the A319NEO, while the B777-300 wins in the wide-body. 

And for small aircrafts (45 pax or lower), if only fuel efficiency is considered, than I agree with Lord Letto and the Cessna-Remis F406 wins. However it's maintenance is expensive and unless you have at least 2 of them, in the end of the month you turn red. With this in mind, I'd consider the Cessna C208 Grand Caravan the winner.

Wyldon

Wyldon

AE Player

• 49 posts

Agree with kaarlowe regarding the <60k monthly lease C208 being the better aircraft with grimsleeper's suggestion to evaluate aircraft based on Cost per Available Seat Mile (CASM).  With that in mind, if you really want the aircraft that consumes less fuel in the <60k monthly lease range, I'd suggest not operating the F406 beyond 399 miles.  You'll get a decent return on your investment if you don't push the 406 beyond that.  Actually, I'd suggest you not push any of the aircraft in that <60k monthly lease range beyond 399 miles.  Btw...if you want to be somewhat realistic, I believe scheduled air carriers (at least in the U.S.) are required to have at least two pilots onboard, which eliminates the C208 from fleet consideration.  By the numbers, the Dornier 228 would be the most efficient aircraft, CASM-wise, under 60k monthly lease, with two pilots...then the Beriev 32 (again, based on CASM).  By AE numbers, if you factor out a 45-minute fuel reserve, and configure the D0-228 and Be-32 at max seating, their respective max operating ranges would be 351 and 326 miles, anyway. 

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts

Q400 used to be the plane to get back in the day. You just couldn't compete with it with any other aircraft. Not sure these days though.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

Conor, the Q400 NextGen has 25% lower fuel flow.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Conor, the Q400 NextGen has 25% lower fuel flow.

Well he said "used to", obviously the NextGen version have lower fuel consumption, it just you gotta wait for long time before it's available :S and there are more fuel efficient airplane compared to the NextGen when it's available to order

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

Well he said "used to", obviously the NextGen version have lower fuel consumption, it just you gotta wait for long time before it's available :S and there are more fuel efficient airplane compared to the NextGen when it's available to order

I am aware of that. I was just informing him that there are better planes available since he went inactive.

Jezza.

Jezza.

AE's resident Yooper.

• 438 posts

I would say probably an early prop-plane. if you want to get technical, I went from JFK to Paris on 10 flights and the profit was -$500,000. I used Scam IFS and I got about -$370,000. Typical in the first jets.

DWA_Sig_3_15.png

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

I used Scam IFS 

Instant dislike :P

I have found the best worker for me to be the Bombardier CSeries when it comes along.

It is down to more than just fuel efficiency. You have to consider whether you'd make more money by having a faster aircraft that is able to carry out more tasks.

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

Med.

Med.

Professional Lover

• 838 posts

User's Awards

For some reason the A340-200 and -300 beat the 777 in AE anytime.

iJIXDA4.png

KmaD8AM.png

james767

james767

AE Know It All

• 175 posts
Just one question is the fuel flow of an airplane in AE for all the planes engines or just one of them? Just asking as the a330 fuel flow is higher then the a340, even though it the a330 should be more fuel efficient.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Just one question is the fuel flow of an airplane in AE for all the planes engines or just one of them? Just asking as the a330 fuel flow is higher then the a340, even though it the a330 should be more fuel efficient.

Just one of them, AE fuel consumption rate is not based on real life fuel consumption, it based on Magic

Paladyne

Paladyne

• 8 posts

I factored all of the airplanes at fuel/passenger/475mph average speed.  the c406 is the most fuel efficient per passenger but the landing feex/rtaxes kill you.  so if we eliminate all planes under 50 pax because of fees and taxes, you are left with the dhc-7 as the most fuel efficient per passenger a .072lbs/passenger/mile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users