Photo

A way to curb feeders and additional gates at airports

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

duckbilled

duckbilled

• 123 posts
This may help curb the use of feeder airlines and it will also stop the addition of gates at airports that are already full.

When you start a airline, you get a loan for $20,000,000 - no gates and no aircraft.

In the beginning, there will be no used aircraft available for purchase. Perhaps this would work better if there were already used aircraft sitting in storage - dc-9's, dc-10's 707's and 727's. You could add another manufacturer (a broker company) to the new list that would include old aircraft from various manufacturers. Perhaps you could even include a cost to bring the aircraft to airworthy status.

This would probably be the most realistic way to start a airline

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

Originally posted by duckbilled
This may help curb the use of feeder airlines and it will also stop the addition of gates at airports that are already full.

When you start a airline, you get a loan for $20,000,000 - no gates and no aircraft.

In the beginning, there will be no used aircraft available for purchase. Perhaps this would work better if there were already used aircraft sitting in storage - dc-9's, dc-10's 707's and 727's. You could add another manufacturer (a broker company) to the new list that would include old aircraft from various manufacturers. Perhaps you could even include a cost to bring the aircraft to airworthy status.

YES 110% agree or my suggestion which I am sure you read in the Pacific Thread:

You may recall I did suggest a solve to this problem but my comments was SHOT down in flames by one player.

My quote was:

If you have it when a new player joins that they must select an airport that has gates avaliable it will solve this massive feeder and multi gate issue.

If the player selects say FRA and there is no gates their next selection will be taken.and so on till there is gates avaliable.

This script will also limit the players and when there is no more gates, no more players can join.

Guest_Szoom_*

Guest_Szoom_*
  • Guests

Originally posted by travelhouse

You may recall I did suggest a solve to this problem but my comments was SHOT down in flames by one player.

My quote was:

If you have it when a new player joins that they must select an airport that has gates avaliable it will solve this massive feeder and multi gate issue.

If the player selects say FRA and there is no gates their next selection will be taken.and so on till there is gates avaliable.

This script will also limit the players and when there is no more gates, no more players can join.

hmmm look who's talking....the only person that don't have any problems with getting gates at Orlando...but what ever Right;)

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

Originally posted by Szoom

My quote was:

hmmm look who's talking....the only person that don't have any problems with getting gates at Orlando...but what ever Right;)

What does that comment mean?

I like all other HONEST PLAYERS look and seek and even do not spend at turn-over to make sure one can get gates with this new Negitive Credit Deal.

Get a life .:(

[Edited on 11/7/2005 by travelhouse]

Guest_Szoom_*

Guest_Szoom_*
  • Guests

My quote was:

What does that comment mean?

I like all other HONEST PLAYERS look and seek and even do not sped at turn-over to make sure one can get gates with this new Negitive Credit Deal.

Get a life .:(

[Edited on 11/7/2005 by travelhouse]

Look and seek....get a life.. LOL AT you...I've tried to get a gate at Orlando for almost 2 weeks now....and everytime I look at your airline... you have more and more...and it's not like 5 at the time cos you could of bought a terminal but noooo......So your the one how needs a life.........So I don't doubt for e sec that you are doing this...What ever you say....get a life..Bahaha that comes from you...damn you crack me up:o:D

[Edited on 11/7/2005 by Szoom]

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

Look and seek....get a life.. LOL AT you...I've tried to get a gate at Orlando for almost 2 weeks now....and everytime I look at your airline... you have more and more...and it's not like 5 at the time cos you could of bought a terminal but noooo......So your the one how needs a life.........So I don't doubt for e sec that you are doing this...What ever you say....get e life..Bahaha that comes from you...damn you crack me up

Geesh some players, I have seen many Orlando gates at turnover, you just got to keep looking.

Oh, your new in posting! So am I crushing you, would you like ME to give YOU an Orlando gate from my stockpile?????????????

If so, be my guest, I will be more than happy to, mabe the other stakeholder in Orlando may also assist you, Poor Sole.

Guest_Szoom_*

Guest_Szoom_*
  • Guests

Look and seek....get a life.. LOL AT you...I've tried to get a gate at Orlando for almost 2 weeks now....and everytime I look at your airline... you have more and more...and it's not like 5 at the time cos you could of bought a terminal but noooo......So your the one how needs a life.........So I don't doubt for e sec that you are doing this...What ever you say....get e life..Bahaha that comes from you...damn you crack me up

Geesh some players, I have seen many Orlando gates at turnover, you just got to keep looking.

Oh, your new in posting! So am I crushing you, would you like ME to give YOU an Orlando gate from my stockpile?????????????

If so, be my guest, I will be more than happy to, mabe the other stakeholder in Orlando may also assist you, Poor Sole.

LOL still crack me up...crushing me lol.....first of all I piss on your Orlando gate....second maybe Im not new at ''posting''....maybe I let you think so....Maybe :( ....like I said before you can say what ever you want....Cheaters are always good with the BS part:cool:

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
My BOOKS are open for Miller22 and his team to look any time, I sleep in peace.

Now with your comment, I retract my offer. Bye Bye Sucker you had an offer, you are the one who p....onit.

Guest_Szoom_*

Guest_Szoom_*
  • Guests

Now with your comment, I retract my offer. Bye Bye Sucker you had an offer, you are the one who p....onit.

aaaaawwwwww BOWHO I've got plenty of Orlando gates....shouldn't you be accusing people of cheting some where,...:(

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

aaaaawwwwww BOWHO I've got plenty of Orlando gates....shouldn't you be accusing people of cheting some where,...:(

Sorry Duckbilled I got carried away on your posting, I will not reply to this Turkey anymore. Back to the original quote again.

Jazyf1

Jazyf1

• 135 posts

I would like that Orlando gate :(:P...J/K ..funny thread:)

duckbilled

duckbilled

• 123 posts

Sorry Duckbilled I got carried away on your posting, I will not reply to this Turkey anymore. Back to the original quote again.

No problem. You were NOT the one that hijacked this thread.

[Edited on 11/7/2005 by duckbilled]

MinnakhtKan

MinnakhtKan

Stormingly Whistly Member

• 187 posts
  • WLM ID:minnair90@hotmail.com
HEy hey hey Travelhouse is completely honest in gate usage if you look at me i have almost the same quantity or Orlando gates as Travelhouse has. Its because we use intelligence or know WHEN to search for them so please stop making those accusations ok?
Back on topic: That idea look pretty awesome in my opinion it is indeed a great idea and realistic to start with.

[Edited on 7-11-2005 by MinnakhtKan]

jackthestrip

jackthestrip

• 160 posts
I think that we should organise a pressure group until miller changes the new gate system to travelhouse's proposals.

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
Two posts here:

1. Thanks MinnakhtKan

2. Agree on your suggestion jackthestrip

jackthestrip

jackthestrip

• 160 posts
Cool!!!!!!

So whats the best start? I dont think that spaming miller with hate mail till he changes it will win us too many brownie points!!!!!:(

Perhaps a pole?

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

Originally posted by jackthestrip
Cool!!!!!!

So whats the best start? I dont think that spaming miller with hate mail till he changes it will win us too many brownie points!!!!!:(

Perhaps a pole?

Miller22 is very busy and has a life, however, he is also concerned on the amout of feeders / cheaters and alike in AE one is sure.

My suggestion is that a poll together with a (LOOK OUT) thread of those who other member can post within so in turn Miller22 when online is able to read and make his own mind up.

This should be two parts:

1. The ways to STOP Gate abuse.
2. Feeders/Cheaters

One is never going to stamp out all this as many want to work the system just to be what they are, but for the majority of AE players a cheater/feeder is a sign of the program is unstable and like many have stated in this forum, you will never stop it, but highlight who is and thats important.

Thats why this forum is around to post issues and have problems solved.

The Discovery one was alarming indeed and now another has started. So, be my guest, you start it and I am sure many will take your lead !:cool:

jackthestrip

jackthestrip

• 160 posts
poll has now been posted...... feel free to vode :cool:

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
i skimmed through and didnt see this:

no gates - decent idea..

the money.. wont help curb feeders, if anything it will help the airlines because they would get better aircraft for cheap off the get go.. so actually this would not help feeders at all, but also help get people richer if they knew how to do it.. which is simple to do.

Skycap

Skycap

• 52 posts
I never got the full gist of the cheat going on with this issue. Was it jamming up commuter routes with large aircraft and sucking out all the pax? If so, a simple solution is to put in runway restrictions. In my personal opinion, the whole pax generation/booking routine has to be reworked - it's just not realistic.

Feeder airlines, in the real world, are perfectly legit and numerous. They shouldn't be "banned,"so to speak. A feeder is a great way to develop. No used aircraft to start with? Foolishness! There's always a used aircraft market. In fact, for this sim, which is set in the present day, the majority of aircraft available SHOULD already be on the used market as they are no longer being produced by the manufacturers. When's the last time Douglas rolled out a shiny new DC-9? Oh yeah, Douglas doesn't even exist anymore!

Bottom line, I think there are better ways to handle it than taking realism out of the game. I still say, the pax model is key to everything. Not to drag this out but, I was into Airline 6 for a while, until my testing proved that the pax model was just too pathetic to deal with. When you setup a route, say, DFW-STL, then another STL-ORD, you'd expect at least SOME of those pax to stay on through to ORD, right? Well, they didn't. This was proven when I ran a separate DFW-ORD flight and it had 0 effect on my other totals - no other competition by the way.

Here's the point in all this - in Airline6, you can configure your fleet right down to the quality of seat, set up frequent flyer programs, sign contracts with limo services and rental cars BUT! When it come to the driving force behind having an airline to begin with - the pax model, it's all junk - icing on a cake made with rotten ingredients. (Ooh, that was a bit too harsh! :()

Anyway, I mentioned this a very long time ago but I think it's being ignored. Just needed to get it off my chest again. (Ha!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users