Photo

Aircraft Turn Time?

R5 R6 R4 R3 R2 R1 R0

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

BazzaTheGamer

BazzaTheGamer

• 4 posts

So I came across 2 aircraft. Only the 2 differences is the price and turn time. So my question is what does the turn time mean and is it worth the extra $$$

Attached Files

ae3s4_190.jpg

Wyldon

Wyldon

AE Player

• 49 posts

So I came across 2 aircraft. Only the 2 differences is the price and turn time. So my question is what does the turn time mean and is it worth the extra $$$

Depending on how one intended to use the aircraft, the lower turn time for your two aircraft could be a significant advantage.  For example, both aircraft using the same RR RB211-524D4-B engines will deliver the same cruise speed and fuel flow.  However, for a reason I can't explain, the 200C has slightly more range and requires about 400 feet less runway.  That seems fairly negligible considering the size and high-density markets it would likely operate to/from and, arguably, the vast majority of those dense markets will have suitable runways.  Still, the further out you go, the less likely the turn time will be of benefit.  For example, on a 5250-mile weekly RT, at block hours of 98, 105, 112, 119, 126, 133, and 140, both aircraft will yield equal numbers of RTs ranging from 4 @ 98 block hours, to 6 @ 140 block hours.  However, on a 2500-mile weekly RT operation, at the same block hours, the 20 mins less turn time of the 200B is significant.  At 105, 119, 126, and 140 block hours, the 200B returns one extra weekly roundtrip (without exceeding scheduled block hours)!  Considering one more weekly trip could yield another $30k to over $100k PER DAY (more or less than this range depending on config and IFS/IFE) with the 200B, and considering it's monthly depreciation is about $50k less (albeit a fairly negligible difference) than the 200C, personally, I don't think the extra cost is worth it...at least not as the primary bird of choice for such routes.  I'd prefer the 200B.  If I really had a hair up my rear and just had to get a 747 into a market the 200B couldn't go, but the 200C could, sure...I'd buy the 200C, but only for that market.

sound_guy0918

sound_guy0918

AE Know It All

• 163 posts

The runway difference is significant...e.g. FLL, SAN...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: R5, R6, R4, R3, R2, R1, R0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users