Make your own aircraft

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

TheAsian

TheAsian

The only North Korean defector on this fine site

• 54 posts
I got inspired by my uncle. Why not make a feature on AE to make custom Aircrafts? Just really expensive. Better stuff, more cost but more reputation. Plus, if you make one, your aircraft shall be cheaper to you than for buyers. If you make one, you can set the price and get profit but if people like to buy it and if your AC price is more than the material price. Who is with me?

Northern

Northern

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,623 posts

User's Awards

2    2    4   

Personally I believe this is beyond the scope of which AE covers as we have strove since day one for the most realistic game-play and to provide the best real life contrast to aircraft dynamics in game to real life. Although it would be a cool feature it undermines all of the realism we have tried to create through new aircraft etc :P It would also be open to exploitation  

banner_signature_northern.png

TheAsian

TheAsian

• 54 posts
Look at ANA. NAMC YS11.

Whatever

Whatever

Degenerate | Degeneracy Enthusiast

• 845 posts
  • Skype Name:discord is better

User's Awards

Look at ANA. NAMC YS11.

I think that aircraft was made by a manufacturer  and not ANA.

post-26818-0-81043200-1411418444.png

n.x.w.m

n.x.w.m

taiwanball

• Data Collector
  • 2,061 posts

Look at ANA. NAMC YS11.

Yes, NAMC was inspired in real life by ANA to create the YS-11. 

Personally I believe this is beyond the scope of which AE covers as we have strove since day one for the most realistic game-play and to provide the best real life contrast to aircraft dynamics in game to real life. Although it would be a cool feature it undermines all of the realism we have tried to create through new aircraft etc :P It would also be open to exploitation  

+1

cUDPatH.jpg

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Look at ANA. NAMC YS11.

I disagree with that. Anyone could order it and ANA didn't make profits off it. Also, whats stop a top 10 spamline from making an underpowered 1500 seat superspamjet? These annoying airlines could get it themselves cheaply and Charge $1 everywhere.

TheAsian

TheAsian

• 54 posts
Better yet do a mix an AC. My uncle made an AC out of a used DHC6 engine, good condition but at the scrapyard, DHC3 for body, some battery he found at that same scrapyard and, for seating, ripped out the old seats and screwed in benches. He also made his own miniplane which he sold around Narathiwat. Around 6million baht.

TheAsian

TheAsian

• 54 posts
Either that or make a limit on stuff such as minimum and maximum for specs and prices of the aircrafts.

TheAsian

TheAsian

• 54 posts
And Hanks. If somebody were to make a plane that big but sell that cheap, the person who made that plane will go BANKRUPT!!! *orchestral Dun Dun in the background*

Northern

Northern

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,623 posts

User's Awards

2    2    4   

Although this may be a nice idea, it is very unlikely to feature in AE as it is unrealistic for the current structure of the game :P

banner_signature_northern.png

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

And Hanks. If somebody were to make a plane that big but sell that cheap, the person who made that plane will go BANKRUPT!!! *orchestral Dun Dun in the background*

First of all, call me Hake. Second of all, $400 million unit price may or may not cover it, charge $3,000,000,000 for anyone else to discourage buyers, the boom. Profit.

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*
  • Guests

I support this idea very much. For example look at JetBlue. They wanted more seats in their A320s so they told Airbus and got a special kind of A320s

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts

I strongly object to this proposition and support Northern's arguments. Yes, airlines do influence aircraft production, however they dont make the aircraft, ultimately its down to the manufacturer, and the manufacturer tailors the aircraft to the requirements of its customers (the airlines). So I see the option of airlines manufacturing their own planes as completely out of the question.

ADWAM.png

iquit

iquit

AE Luver

• 296 posts

User's Awards

6       3    7   

If you're talking about custom aircraft like those in Airline Tycoon Deluxe, then yes I would like to see it in a special world in AE5.

This offers a lot of flexibility in terms of developing your unique strategy when running your airline.

xarxa

xarxa

prop enthusiast

• 40 posts

I've done some thinking about this in the past.  Playing the game as a manufacturer instead of a carrier could be quite fun, in my opinion.  My humble thoughts...

• You would limit the number of manufacturers to, say, 10% as many as the number of airlines if no real planes are involved, or maybe 5% if you include real planes alongside the user-created planes.
  • Manufacturer players can only run one manufacturer and zero airlines.  Maybe prevent an manufacturer that goes bankrupt from participating in the game world until it's recycled so they can't create planes, go bankrupt, then start and airline with their craft.
  • The plane creation process would involve something like a "tech tree" where you spend time/money/manpower to research things like wing and tail types, more efficient/powerful engines, better materials, creature comforts, and so on.

Adding this system would almost be like creating a whole additional game, and would require a lot of dev effort.  Definitely an AE5-type task.  But it would be totally sweet.

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

Just an afterthought for TheAsian, can you put a poll up on this topic to measure opinions?

Mobeer

Mobeer

AE Luver

• 325 posts

User's Awards

8       2    2   

I think some more realistic options would be good:
- integrated airstairs
- steep approach functions
- more interior decorating options
- refits
- varying wingtip designs
- exit door configurations
- gravel kits and short field packages
- carbon brakes
- hybrid electric taxing

But in truth I think these are "nice to have" ideas rather than anything essential.

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*
  • Guests

I think some more realistic options would be good:
- integrated airstairs
- steep approach functions
- more interior decorating options
- refits
- varying wingtip designs
- exit door configurations
- gravel kits and short field packages
- carbon brakes
- hybrid electric taxing

But in truth I think these are "nice to have" ideas rather than anything essential.

I like those ideas

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts

I'd totally go against this and possibly swing more towards the old BOAC system and have aircraft produced for you, that you have to operate if you liked it or not ^_^

Whatever

Whatever

Degenerate | Degeneracy Enthusiast

• 845 posts
  • Skype Name:discord is better

User's Awards

I think this kind of a feature would work if it was like this:

-1 S-world and 1 S-world only (Challenge: No real-life aircraft).

-Max. 3 aircraft designs per airline (1 large long-haul, 1 medium sized, 1 small regional)

post-26818-0-81043200-1411418444.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users