Photo

buying other airlines

25 replies to this topic

richardhall99

richardhall99

• 3 posts

will there ever be an option to buy an airline?

sputnik23

sputnik23

back

• 298 posts

That's Yuxi's call, I presume there might be an option in AE4?

asdf gh jkl;

Luft

Luft

IVIVI

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2          2   

I really hope that mergers and acquiring other carriers/purchasing stakes in other carriers is available. Those are two VERY useful tools.

QITdCef.png

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Buying someone else's airline is completely pointless and virtually impossible to implement. Think about it: If you sell your airline for $1bn, whoys the money given to? You don't get the money because you have no airline.

richardhall99

richardhall99

• 3 posts

yeh but if an airline is in meltdown and its on your patch then id go for it

richardhall99

richardhall99

• 3 posts

yeh but if an airline is in meltdown and its on your patch then id go for it

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

buying bankrupt airlines for gate slots and market share is a great idea, hoping it would be on AE4!

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

buying bankrupt airlines for gate slots and market share is a great idea, hoping it would be on AE4!

That just fuels spamlines though.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

That just fuels spamlines though.

what?

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

what?

Spamlines with unlimited money stocks pay massive amounts of money for valuable slots, more planes and more things that come with them. A brilliant example:
At the start of R-Delta, there was massive gate shortages. Every major US and Canadian airport had 0 gates. I owned a TATL only airline which focused on realism unlike the others (I was an Irish airline). Let's say a regional US airline had $10 million debts, a few jets and gates at all the big airports. Competition buys it for $30M, pays debts and can now compete on every single route, killing my airline.

This is ignoring the fact it is impossible to pay for an airline here, as there is no one to pay it to.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Spamlines with unlimited money stocks pay massive amounts of money for valuable slots, more planes and more things that come with them. A brilliant example:
At the start of R-Delta, there was massive gate shortages. Every major US and Canadian airport had 0 gates. I owned a TATL only airline which focused on realism unlike the others (I was an Irish airline). Let's say a regional US airline had $10 million debts, a few jets and gates at all the big airports. Competition buys it for $30M, pays debts and can now compete on every single route, killing my airline.

This is ignoring the fact it is impossible to pay for an airline here, as there is no one to pay it to.

I mean if some airlines decided to bankrupt itself or their balance stays on negatives for consecutive 12 months then the system should declare airlines bankrupt automatically, and the player shouldn't get nothing in returns, they have to start over again, anyway about killing your airlines in competition, isn't that normal in real life? i mean in Europe Ryanair and EasyJet took over regional market, in Asia there are lots of LCC like AirAsia or Lion Air who dominate the regional market, or Southwest in the US 

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

I mean if some airlines decided to bankrupt itself or their balance stays on negatives for consecutive 12 months then the system should declare airlines bankrupt automatically, and the player shouldn't get nothing in returns, they have to start over again, anyway about killing your airlines in competition, isn't that normal in real life? i mean in Europe Ryanair and EasyJet took over regional market, in Asia there are lots of LCC like AirAsia or Lion Air who dominate the regional market, or Southwest in the US 

I'd be one to disagree with the fact that it's normal to want to kill off other airlines. The player cannot get any money because if you pay the airline for it, you're getting control of that airline and the money goes back into your accounts. What would be done with routes you compete on? You're double serving. I'm in favour of an idea of selling subsidiaries, but not whole airlines.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

I'd be one to disagree with the fact that it's normal to want to kill off other airlines. The player cannot get any money because if you pay the airline for it, you're getting control of that airline and the money goes back into your accounts. What would be done with routes you compete on? You're double serving. I'm in favour of an idea of selling subsidiaries, but not whole airlines.

What i mean is there are certain airlines that abandoned by their player and ended up having -1billion something debt, this kind of airlines should goes to auction within 12 months or something because it's a waste of space, by then the value of the airlines gonna be very little, so the money that the bankrupt player get would be used to pay the debts 

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

What i mean is there are certain airlines that abandoned by their player and ended up having -1billion something debt, this kind of airlines should goes to auction within 12 months or something because it's a waste of space, by then the value of the airlines gonna be very little, so the money that the bankrupt player get would be used to pay the debts 

Paying the debts that then are added to the buying airline's cash stocks?

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Paying the debts that then are added to the buying airline's cash stocks?

well no, the airlines is bankrupt right? so the basically the player have lots of debt correct?

so in real life the bank/government would take over the deceased airlines, so the owner of the airlines still have debts to pay even though he lost his assets, if you bought the airline from the owner then he got money to pay his debt, but since the value of the airline is way too low to pay off all his debt, he would get nothing/ walk away with no debt as a freeman while his assets gone

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

well no, the airlines is bankrupt right? so the basically the player have lots of debt correct?

so in real life the bank/government would take over the deceased airlines, so the owner of the airlines still have debts to pay even though he lost his assets, if you bought the airline from the owner then he got money to pay his debt, but since the value of the airline is way too low to pay off all his debt, he would get nothing/ walk away with no debt as a freeman while his assets gone

Basically:

Airline A has $10 million debts, losing slight money. Airline B has billions and offers Airline A $30 million. Airline A can't use this money, because it no longer exists.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Basically:

Airline A has $10 million debts, losing slight money. Airline B has billions and offers Airline A $30 million. Airline A can't use this money, because it no longer exists.

yeah i get it, because the player lose control of his/her airlines if they declare bankruptcy, i understand that

what i want to say is that in real life you would lose both your airlines and get into big debts as well, with selling your airlines you then get money to pay for your debt, you lose your airlines but you get money for it, then those money would be used to pay your remaining debts, and bankrupt airlines would have very low value, because they're in debt, so other airlines wouldn't give that much money for those bankrupt airlines 

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

yeah i get it, because the player lose control of his/her airlines if they declare bankruptcy, i understand that

what i want to say is that in real life you would lose both your airlines and get into big debts as well, with selling your airlines you then get money to pay for your debt, you lose your airlines but you get money for it, then those money would be used to pay your remaining debts, and bankrupt airlines would have very low value, because they're in debt, so other airlines wouldn't give that much money for those bankrupt airlines 

But the person who owned it would get any money.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

But the person who owned it would get any money.

?

the bank took his airlines from him/her

he got debt to pay

he sell his airlines to other buyer

he got money from it to pay his debt

he loses his airlines because he sold it for $

he walk away debt free

he don't have money left because he used it to pay for the debt

Mobeer

Mobeer

AE Luver

• 325 posts

User's Awards

8       2    2   

A more likely case would be airline A has huge profits, airline B has huge debts and is making a loss. Airline A buys airline B for 1$ and takes on the debts of airline B.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users