26 replies to this topic

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

Hello,

well it seems I am leaving AE.  But I didn’t really want to go unnoticed and without saying goodbye.  I made the announcement last week to people in the alliance and just nice people (if I didn’t tell you, don’t take offence... but be concerned…)  in general  but I needed to sort out alliance business and who takes control of airlines etc.  I just don’t really have the time anymore and I need to commit to other things.  More music tours are coming up (including a trip to Sweden in May) and I’m trying to make county squads in hurling and minor club squads in football (Irish manly football. Not the soft-boy soccer...  ^_^ ) so extra core training is called for along with more Strength and Conditioning. However,  I would just like to say a few things before I go.

Firstly, I want to applaud Yuxi and the other developers for making such a great time.  I loved it here from the start.  Many is the time I found myself idly thinking what kind of an airline I would start next.  The simplicity and scope for variety is just brilliant. AE4 should be revolutionary D: Seriously though, I will come back if I can to have a look at AE4.  Good luck to the devs too

Secondly, to those who continuously attacked and abused me during my time here.  My advice to you all is grow the hell up.  Some of your attacks nearly made me cry laughing.  Bob said I belong to a strange cult of people because I play sport :huh: What the hell? XD !  Ar told me to grow up when I had a back injury.  First, it was a result of growth. Second, I couldn’t stand for nearly week because of the severity of the tear (as it turned out to be).  One of the saddest things though was the fact that people judged me based on the airlines I ran.  I enjoyed running huge airlines and still do but because it’s me, anything I did was not enough for the spas.  Steve was the worst for it.  To him I wasn’t even human.  Oh no.  He constantly attacked me because of my nationality too, as with others.  It just seemed that if someone ran an “undesirable” airline, you had to attack them.  Nationality, race, age, religion, anything that you could find had to be exploited.  People presume that because I’m from Ireland I’m a “filthy Catholic” (-Steve).  You’d swear Catholicism wasn’t in America… or that it wasn’t the largest Christian denomination in the world... And it’s so sad :/ I never did anything to them yet they and others kept abusing me.  You have all played a huge destroying the positive community spirit and it’s one of the reasons I am leaving.  I would love to off and attack you now but that would then reflect badly on me so I’ll just say this: it’s just good to know there are people morally lower than me in the world -_- Though it’s sad to meet people so morally low that they’ll go out of their way to try put others down. That’s just sad.  What wasters.  They tried so hard to put me down, and even then it didn’t work.  Grow up all of you.  Don’t be a sadgasm and bring everyone down.  You’re the one that’s really sinking.

Now, I would just like to bring up the common issue of forum conflict.  Yes some people are annoying but just ignore them. If you are annoying…. stop.  The personal arguments are wrecking the place.  Why is it so hard to get along? Then I suppose some people on AE just abuse you anyway no matter what you do just like they did to me.  Just stop annoying others and then picking fights.  I understand that it’s not easy to just “forget” but if someone says something, just say something constructive toward them instead of expanding your ego.  This would go a long way toward solving the problems that exist at the moment.

Lastly, I’d just like to thank those who made my time more enjoyable. Firstly to Hake and Randal.  Being Irish I’d have to thank you first  :P Then I’d have to thank Zipp (and Hake and Randal) for helping me set up the alliance.  Then just a general “Thanks” to TJibbey, Will101, Boing, ThatComputerIdiot Will (and a certain family member… ), Northern, TWA/Global Airlines (good luck in Trinity) and Kate, of course, and anyone I may have forgotten that just made time on here a bit more enjoyable.  And I need to thank Lost for all the laughs and Fox too though more for the PRs. It just made time active in the community more fun.

So thanks for everything and I wish everyone on AE and the site itself every success in the future (yes, even those who tried to bully because you knew not what you were doing).

Farewell and good wishes :wavecry:

Slán Go Fóill,

-Doc

Edit: Fare in the title, not Fair.

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts

Reading it, it seems like your johnsons have been rotated.

PjqqTCz.gif

Fiercenight9

Fiercenight9

The Ungoverned

• Veteran
  • 154 posts

:wavecry: Ill Miss you bud. Good luck in the future from all of us in Boston! ^_^

I look at my species through a lens of wonder and pity

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

Gunna miss ya buddy.

I hate when decent users like DOC leave. Then people like zipp,twa and adam come in..

Honestly, i wish you could stay and just relax. Not trying to defend steve, because he says some radical s*** but 97% of the time he is being sarcastic.

Cant take this stuff too personally, you will end up like me.

And also, sorry about your airline XD

Well he has never said anything positive to me and always tries to insult me. Usually it ends up being funny XD

But Jeez don't mind the airline D:< it turned out grand anyway and as your status said, you got outta here for a while... :whistling:

But seriously: goodbye :wave: and all the best. Will and FN too :wavecry:

Hawai'ian

Hawai'ian

Friendly Neighborhood Rocky

• 315 posts

Hello,

well it seems I am leaving AE.  But I didn’t really want to go unnoticed and without saying goodbye.  I made the announcement last week to people in the alliance and just nice people (if I didn’t tell you, don’t take offence... but be concerned…)  in general  but I needed to sort out alliance business and who takes control of airlines etc.  I just don’t really have the time anymore and I need to commit to other things.  More music tours are coming up (including a trip to Sweden in May) and I’m trying to make county squads in hurling and minor club squads in football (Irish manly football. Not the soft-boy soccer...  ^_^ ) so extra core training is called for along with more Strength and Conditioning. However,  I would just like to say a few things before I go.

Firstly, I want to applaud Yuxi and the other developers for making such a great time.  I loved it here from the start.  Many is the time I found myself idly thinking what kind of an airline I would start next.  The simplicity and scope for variety is just brilliant. AE4 should be revolutionary D: Seriously though, I will come back if I can to have a look at AE4.  Good luck to the devs too

Secondly, to those who continuously attacked and abused me during my time here.  My advice to you all is grow the hell up.  Some of your attacks nearly made me cry laughing.  Bob said I belong to a strange cult of people because I play sport :huh: What the hell? XD !  Ar told me to grow up when I had a back injury.  First, it was a result of growth. Second, I couldn’t stand for nearly week because of the severity of the tear (as it turned out to be).  One of the saddest things though was the fact that people judged me based on the airlines I ran.  I enjoyed running huge airlines and still do but because it’s me, anything I did was not enough for the spas.  Steve was the worst for it.  To him I wasn’t even human.  Oh no.  He constantly attacked me because of my nationality too, as with others.  It just seemed that if someone ran an “undesirable” airline, you had to attack them.  Nationality, race, age, religion, anything that you could find had to be exploited.  People presume that because I’m from Ireland I’m a “filthy Catholic” (-Steve).  You’d swear Catholicism wasn’t in America… or that it wasn’t the largest Christian denomination in the world... And it’s so sad :/ I never did anything to them yet they and others kept abusing me.  You have all played a huge destroying the positive community spirit and it’s one of the reasons I am leaving.  I would love to off and attack you now but that would then reflect badly on me so I’ll just say this: it’s just good to know there are people morally lower than me in the world -_- Though it’s sad to meet people so morally low that they’ll go out of their way to try put others down. That’s just sad.  What wasters.  They tried so hard to put me down, and even then it didn’t work.  Grow up all of you.  Don’t be a sadgasm and bring everyone down.  You’re the one that’s really sinking.

Now, I would just like to bring up the common issue of forum conflict.  Yes some people are annoying but just ignore them. If you are annoying…. stop.  The personal arguments are wrecking the place.  Why is it so hard to get along? Then I suppose some people on AE just abuse you anyway no matter what you do just like they did to me.  Just stop annoying others and then picking fights.  I understand that it’s not easy to just “forget” but if someone says something, just say something constructive toward them instead of expanding your ego.  This would go a long way toward solving the problems that exist at the moment.

Lastly, I’d just like to thank those who made my time more enjoyable. Firstly to Hake and Randal.  Being Irish I’d have to thank you first  :P Then I’d have to thank Zipp (and Hake and Randal) for helping me set up the alliance.  Then just a general “Thanks” to TJibbey, Will101, Boing, ThatComputerIdiot Will (and a certain family member… ), Northern, TWA/Global Airlines (good luck in Trinity) and Kate, of course, and anyone I may have forgotten that just made time on here a bit more enjoyable.  And I need to thank Lost for all the laughs and Fox too though more for the PRs. It just made time active in the community more fun.

So thanks for everything and I wish everyone on AE and the site itself every success in the future (yes, even those who tried to bully because you knew not what you were doing).

Slán Go Fóill,

-Doc

I barely even knew you but I'll still tell you, goodbye! Good luck on all that sport and hurling stuff. And please, don't forget to visit.

PC Will

PC Will

AE'spolice officer (in training).

• 505 posts

Hello,

Slán Go Fóill,

-Doc

Please don't ... :cry:

If you're going to, well I wish you the very best for the future and hopefully I will see you back here at some point soon, I'm not leaving any time soon (Fortunately or un-fortunately :shifty: ) :P

gallery_7626_9_1537.jpg

MSC Application (Papersift): Passed 08/2015 Written Assessment: Passed 16/10/2015 Interview: Passed 16/10/2015 Fitness test: Passed 16/10/2015 Medical: Passed 16/10/2015 
Vetting: Passed 01/2016  Induction Evening (NSY): Attended 12/02/2016 Training: Completed 07/03/2016 - 11/04/2016 - 24 Day Intensive AttestationCompleted Sunday 12th June
First Shift: Sat 20/08/2016 19:00-04:00

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PC Application: Passed August 2016 Online tests: Passed October 2016 Day 1 Assessment Passed February 2017 Day 2 Assessment Passed April 2017 Vetting Status: Cleared Training intake start date: 30th August 2017
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016 Retina Macbook Pro w Touchbar 256GB SSD i5 2.9GHZ

Custom built PC:

Corsair Obsidian 750D Full ATX Case
Intel Core i7-6850k Six Core @ 3.6GHZ
ASUS X99 Motherboard
Corsair Hydro H100i V2 CPU Cooler
32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHZ
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1080TI 11GB GDDR5X
250GB Samsung 850 Evo Solid State Drive
500GB Samsung 850 Evo Solid State Drive

Oggey

Oggey

Disgusting, sick, and nasty member

• 1,006 posts

Goodbye,

I'm surprised I wasn't on that list of abusive people considering our past. As a "defense" [don't really know what to call it lol] I must say. You don't seem to take your own behaviour and actions on here into consideration. I'm sad what you see as abuse towards you had to go as far as you deciding to leave. And I guess now if any is a good time to say. I'm sorry if I hurt you personally during our few inconveniences. Good luck with your music and your sports. :P

OG

12ca1c99cc.png

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

Oh good, it wasn't anything I did. ^_^ [I had that brief worry I'd said something negative at some point and it was taken seriously when it was an offhanded remark. This is my opening because I wanted to make it noted that if anything I said was offensive, I cannot remember it being intended as such.]

AE4 will still be waiting, "Ready for release early next year..." :P

Funnily enough you're (not fully but a huge part of) what made me stay at the start. I could have spend days on end reading the monthly mail XD !

Sure I might drop into chat the odd time (as I sometimes do during transit) but if I am to return, don't expect me to be back fully for a long time...

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

Goodbye,
I'm surprised I wasn't on that list of abusive people considering our past. I must say however. You don't seem to take your own behaviour and actions on here into consideration. I'm sad what you see as abuse towards you had to go as far as you deciding to leave. And I guess now if any is a good time to say. I'm sorry if I hurt you personally during our few inconveniences. Good luck with your music and your sports. :P

OG

Thank you -_- well I never tried to offend anyone here that didnt start on me (just to re state that point... again). However, you definitely were nowhere near the others. All you really said was hurling isn't a sport... :angry:
But genuinely, if I ever said anything against you, I take it back and apologies, for I would like to make amends with everyone.

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Good luck thn. I'llbe sue to stay incontact. As a certain Mayo Taoiseach said: "Paddy likes to know." So I'll tell you new stuff on AE. Capische?

sputnik23

sputnik23

back

• 298 posts

:wave: I'll miss you DOC.

asdf gh jkl;

n.x.w.m

n.x.w.m

taiwanball

• Data Collector
  • 2,061 posts

Bai Buddy :hug:

I'll miss ya.

cUDPatH.jpg

SirMoo

SirMoo

Rawr?

• 497 posts

This isn't the first time you've left... So... you'll be back in a few months. >_>

Also... all that bitching about Steve... Arn't his parents Catholic?

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

This isn't the first time you've left... So... you'll be back in a few months. >_>

No I haven't gone before :P

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

Bye doc :wave: :cry: :hug:
Anymore hurling poles on the snapchat and I will snap a hurling stick D:<

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

The Apple Pie

The Apple Pie

AE's Indomie-loving guy

• 452 posts

Goodbye Doc  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

AE will not be the same without you. 

crying.gif

Jmt6GWd.png

Pineair

Pineair

AE Luver

• 474 posts

User's Awards

10    16    12       9   
If you find you face withdrawal symptoms feel free to sneek back in as you could say you have unfinished business. Looking at your achievements you are missing an award. Try and restrict yourself to just one airline in one world then you might just find you have enough time to fit AE in with all your other activities.

Meanwhile enjoy your retirement......

Luft

Luft

IVIVI

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2          2   

I'ma be honest with you, Doc, and say that I don't really know you too well, but you seem like an amazing person, and that's all that matters. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

QITdCef.png

Oliy.

Oliy.

You what?

• Data Collector
  • 342 posts

User's Awards

cya, have a nice break (you'll be back, hehe)

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

Adios Doc. :cry:

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users