Another Question....Sorry :-P

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

PlayD0e

PlayD0e

AE Addict To-Be

• 12 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:Jplaydoe

Okay so...just need an explanation of mechanics (game) I'm flying from JFk to Mexico city. The "daily demand is for 22F 133C 952 Y. i set up a few planes to take the demand and start taking on my competitors and I get down to (based on the box in the middle) 15F 57C 1024 Y. Now how is it possible that to the bar in the left I only own 37% of the flights,or market? if the demand is for 952 Y (economy) passengers a day and I'm meeting that with 1024 (a bit over, I know) how are there passengers left. Based on my flights and the fact that I have 100% on all bars how is it that 63% of the bar or passengers left are the first class and business? And to add to this how ca it be that one of my competitors flys the route with a A320-200 with a load of 3/12/140 but 140 times 49 flights equals to 6860? Where are these passengers coming from, or am I missing something. I base my flights on how  many passengers are in demand and how many I fulfill daily...IE the numbers listed above I fly to Mexico City 21 times a week with the total of 1024 economy passenger slots daily for the 952 demand. When prices drop isn't my competition gonna loose money having 49 flights? Or am I doing something wrong? Please someone explain...

mxax-ai

mxax-ai

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 585 posts

User's Awards

3    3      
First of all, competition increases the available passengers (I do not know why, but two airlines with the standard price can gather more passngers than a single one). Secondly, I'll assume that you reduced your prices significantly. The demand is tied to the ticket price, so a lowered price will enable more passengers to fly. The other way round you can charge a higher price when offering fewer seats. Thirdly, while connection passengers pay less, they still pay something and a big hub can give you a lot of connecting pax, enabling a much higher number of filled seats. Lastly, large airlines are only little affected by much smaller ones on such big routes. I once ran an airline using only A330 within the USA. Even though I regularely exceeded demand, my extra capacity hurt the smaller airlines on that route much more than the huge one flying 49x a week - both absolute and relative.

PlayD0e

PlayD0e

AE Addict To-Be

• 12 posts

First of all, competition increases the available passengers (I do not know why, but two airlines with the standard price can gather more passngers than a single one). Secondly, I'll assume that you reduced your prices significantly. The demand is tied to the ticket price, so a lowered price will enable more passengers to fly. The other way round you can charge a higher price when offering fewer seats. Thirdly, while connection passengers pay less, they still pay something and a big hub can give you a lot of connecting pax, enabling a much higher number of filled seats. Lastly, large airlines are only little affected by much smaller ones on such big routes. I once ran an airline using only A330 within the USA. Even though I regularely exceeded demand, my extra capacity hurt the smaller airlines on that route much more than the huge one flying 49x a week - both absolute and relative.

So why doesn't the demand graph change along with the passenger numbers? i mean if I'm flying 21 flights a week and filling demand why wouldn't it show me more passengers so i can add flights. This alos goes along with my frequency question. My bar is at yellow even flying 21 times a week and filling demand. Why isn't my frequency or any frequency green when you can fulfill the demand?

PlayD0e

PlayD0e

AE Addict To-Be

• 12 posts

So why doesn't the demand graph change along with the passenger numbers? i mean if I'm flying 21 flights a week and filling demand why wouldn't it show me more passengers so i can add flights. This alos goes along with my frequency question. My bar is at yellow even flying 21 times a week and filling demand. Why isn't my frequency or any frequency green when you can fulfill the demand?

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

Because by lowering fares, you create artificial demand for pax who normally wouldn't fly. Also  the demand charts are based on the total pax numbers at an airport irl, if we were to show the actual amount of O&D pax that the airlines of AE were creating, i'm sure many airports would be in the hundreds of millions/year.

mxax-ai

mxax-ai

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 585 posts

User's Awards

3    3      

You probably mean the frequency reputation. It is biggest when flying either ~ 28 x weekly or ~ 70 x weekly, for some reason. Inbetween or beyond those marks the reputation drops.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users