Dynamic and realistic Passenger Demand

- - - - - AE 4.0

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Airplanepilot501

Airplanepilot501

Private Pilot

• 57 posts

A dynamic passenger demand is a dynamicly and realistically growing Passenger Demand. Passenger Demand will be based on 6 or more factors.

How many airlines flying to the airport and the seats on the market

If there are no airlines flying a route then it will have a small demand, but as more and more airlines fly to that airport and there is more incoming passengers and connecting passengers the average demand at the airport will rise.

The size of the airport

It makes sense to have only have a small average demand of 40 passengers at a small airport, and large airports like KATL shoud have an an average demand of 5,000 passengers.

The populaton of the country

A small country with just one milion people will slowly gain demand but countries like the US will gain more passenger demand at evrey airport depending on the size of the airport. Nations with less then 1,000,000 population will have a very slow growing passenger demand,but nations with more then 10,000,000 people shoud have a fast growing passenger demand.

The overal amount of destinations at an airport and the frequency of flights

No matter how small an airport is, if there is a lot of incoming flights from big airports at a lage frequency of flights then there shoud be alot of passenger demand.

Amount of extra seats on the market

If alot of airlines are flying a route and that route is very busy and there is more then a thosand extra seats. The demand will grow a little faster along with extra factors like the size of the airport, destinations at the airport and the population of the city or town.

The population city or town where the airport is nearest

laguardia airport (LGA) is in new york city with more then 8,000,000 people in it but it doesnt have has much demand compeared to jfk airport. LGA is very popular since it is closer to manhatten. The population of the city/town must also be taken into consideration to accurately and realistically simulate how the average passenger demand will grow over time.

If you have any Suggestions to improve my idea please share it with eveyone.

1312Low-plane-landing.gif

jmOio.jpg

call14

call14

CEO of Macaronesian Airlines

• 193 posts

User's Awards

3          2   
I like your suggestions, but I dont think they will be added

UbtHCg2.gif

lucasfernandes

lucasfernandes

AE Player

• 35 posts
Your suggestions have a central problem. The increase of offer does not imply in a demand increase. The game already suffers of high demands on possibly every single airport. For example, it is common to see the Singapore Changi to have a 144 million annual passengers. So, demand is not the problem here.
Msg 21998 0 79763900 1493453370

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      
Well firstly, it's probably going to be difficult to code. For something so small (relative to coding) it's hardly worth it

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

Your suggestions have a central problem. The increase of offer does not imply in a demand increase. The game already suffers of high demands on possibly every single airport. For example, it is common to see the Singapore Changi to have a 144 million annual passengers. So, demand is not the problem here.

Demand is not the main reason for that. A route may have 200 Y demand. The Airline A comes along and supply's 220 Y seats at 100% LF. The Airline B comes along and undercuts and due to lower prices now gets 240 Y and don't forget, Airline A still may have 20% of its original LF so that's another 44 Y added to the routes. As prices are lowered and more seats are thrown onto a route then this route with 200 Y demand can easily end up with 400 Y passengers and then you have F and C class on top of that

lucasfernandes

lucasfernandes

AE Player

• 35 posts

Demand is not the main reason for that. A route may have 200 Y demand. The Airline A comes along and supply's 220 Y seats at 100% LF. The Airline B comes along and undercuts and due to lower prices now gets 240 Y and don't forget, Airline A still may have 20% of its original LF so that's another 44 Y added to the routes. As prices are lowered and more seats are thrown onto a route then this route with 200 Y demand can easily end up with 400 Y passengers and then you have F and C class on top of that

Logically the problem is the demand. Just adding more companies and lower prices creates more demand without justification. Is normal to see 400Y demand for a route and have 3000Y being offered and with 100% use. So, yes, the demand is the main problem because it doesn't have any limits.

Msg 21998 0 79763900 1493453370

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

Logically the problem is the demand. Just adding more companies and lower prices creates more demand without justification. Is normal to see 400Y demand for a route and have 3000Y being offered and with 100% use. So, yes, the demand is the main problem because it doesn't have any limits.

Come on, that may just be a little bit extreme... Loadfactors increase and decrease almost proportionally to price. Anyway, I may want to go to London and let's say it costs me $150. I could say "Meh. Too much." Then sometime later and if it's $90, I might think well you know, that's pretty cheap. That's kind of how the AE PAX react. (Then again, I do have a real life habit of paying the minimum amount possible which is why I make this statement.)

Mobeer

Mobeer

AE Luver

• 325 posts

User's Awards

8       2    2   

I like the idea of a more dynamic game world, and changing demand would be good. The difficulty is in creating a system that is practical to implement and somehow based on reality.

At a basic level, demand could slowly increase over time to current levels. This would make early years more competitive, where airplanes tended to be smaller capacity.

Beyond this, some overall theory of how demand grows is needed.

For example, should increasing the available routes at a particular airport AZ should increase demand there, but reduce demand at other nearaby airports? I would think yes, because connecting flights via AZ would be easier to arrange, whilst fewer passengers would want to have connect via other airports.

As faras supply causing demand to grow, I can see merit in the idea that demand should slowly rise when airports have large numbers of flights for long periods, but also that airports that have lacked flights for a long time should see demand slowly fall.

I would make these effects small, so prolonged effort is needed to adjust demand away from real-world values, but such adjustments are eventually possible.

Mobeer

Mobeer

AE Luver

• 325 posts

User's Awards

8       2    2   

Come on, that may just be a little bit extreme... Loadfactors increase and decrease almost proportionally to price. Anyway, I may want to go to London and let's say it costs me $150. I could say "Meh. Too much." Then sometime later and if it's $90, I might think well you know, that's pretty cheap. That's kind of how the AE PAX react. (Then again, I do have a real life habit of paying the minimum amount possible which is why I make this statement.)

Part of the problem with current demand calculations is that if a Heathrow > Haneda flight is $49 with overcapacity and spare seats, then cutting Gatwick > Narita prices from $699 to $599 will increase demand on that route. That's more like how AE passengers react, whereas real passengers would be flying Hathrow > Haneda instead.

Airplanepilot501

Airplanepilot501

Private Pilot

• 57 posts

Part of the problem with current demand calculations is that if a Heathrow > Haneda flight is $49 with overcapacity and spare seats, then cutting Gatwick > Narita prices from $699 to $599 will increase demand on that route. That's more like how AE passengers react, whereas real passengers would be flying Hathrow > Haneda instead.

That's why the size of the airport should have some affect on the demand.

1312Low-plane-landing.gif

jmOio.jpg

ipavlovi

ipavlovi

AE Addict To-Be

• 17 posts

One of the factors should be economical cooperation between countries. If you can somehow grab a matrix of all countries amount of imports and exports, that could help with modelling of demand.

ahhhhgrrrrrr!

ahhhhgrrrrrr!

• 7 posts

Hi,

I would like to suggest an increase in the factor about the reputation of an airline.

For example, airline A has a reputation of 60%, while airline B has a reputation of only 38%.

If both A and B are charging $ 200 for Y, surely passengers will choose A.

But if B is charging $199, just $ 1 different, and he would get all his passenger, despite having a much lower reputation. 

It takes so much effort to boost up a little reputation, but $1 undercut from a rival would literally throw away all the reputation points. 

May the creator please look into this, perhaps increase the "sensitivity" of the price difference accordingly to the reputation difference. Sorry, I am not an English speaking person, but I hope you can understand my concern.

Thank you so much, I like this game so much.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,458 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

I don't mind it, but i realise it would take lots of work and i don't want this website to became really slow just because of those changes

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AE 4.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users