Photo

Noob questions: IFE & Cabin Lay-out & Suitable planes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Basje33

Basje33

• 1 posts

Hi there,

Totally new and fresh to this game. Am probably asking the questions you've guys have anwsered a thousand times before...just pass me the link if I missed anyhting. Have seen some tutorials on Youtube and have read some forum threads....so yes, do make an effort!

Ok, here are my questions....

1. With the IFE, does this only work with new planes, instead of applying IFE settings for used planes? Basically I've got the same question for Cabin Lay-Out. Sometimes I dont get why with one plane on a certain route I can chose IFE or pricing for First Class, Business Class, Economy but most of the time I cannot.

2. Sometimes I look for certain routes and depending on the distance and possibilities I want to order a plane. But than I have to browse to the used planes menu, buy one and do the 'add new route thing' all over again. Is there an easier way? For instance to select aircraft from a menu suitable for the distance and (length of) runways provided?

3. Also I find it quite difficult to get an easy overview of the routes I am flying and to manage them. I find myself clickin on the routes map where I can see the lines across the globes, but this is not what I mean. You guys know what I mean! So help out!

Thanks in advance!!!

:D  :rofl2:  :P

Mr Tree

Mr Tree

AE Addict

• 886 posts

1. After you set up the IFE and cabin plan, you will need to go and implement the cabin plan into all of the used aircraft that you want to have the plan. It is not automatically administered. You could have a plan that is 1/5/20, and one that is 1/5/20 with audio, and you would need to change all aircraft to the second plan to have the change.

2. I don't know of an easy way to search for planes to fulfill a route. But don't worry, you will memorize aircraft specs within a few months. It is what happened to me, and many others.

3. If you click the big "Routes" button (or whatever the bottom big blue button is, it has been years since I last played this game but I am assuming it has not changed), you can see all of your routes, and open them to adjust price or whatever.

PlayD0e

PlayD0e

AE Addict To-Be

• 12 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:Jplaydoe

Hey...new here too but one thing i do and can suggest (maybe it'll help maybe not) is try to work on one city at a time...I do this so i don't overwhelm myself.i do mine in these 3 steps...1.City and destination/demand  2.Choose an aircraft to meet the range and demand requirements (passengers etc.) 3. Keep the city and move to another location..(this is how I created a HUB...which let's passengers connect with your flights...5 or more gates in a city and you can create a HUB).. For example if you click on open New Route and choose in first slot JFK (New York) to say Miami (Second des), once you get that route established just click on the right bubble where Miami is...at the top...and it'll give you a small search box. You know most of the major cities (i'm hoping) so type in say Cleveland and click research...now a new route will pop up with demand and competition...etc.That way I do a few routes from major cities to major cities...then you can move to Cleveland or elsewhere and repeat the process.For me searching per range hasn't helped, but to each his own...for that to work you would have to order the planes ahead of time, I choose them second and if my routes dmenad more then I can order some...Speaking of planes... As for planes I'm a bit slow at this but once I do the process above it says in middle of the page the miles in distance. i open a new tab and find a plane with suitable range..etc. This also helps because based on passenger demand...example F/C/Y you can create a new seat configuration on your new plane for the demands this city, or your new destination has, and bam...I tried to explain it as best as I can...sorry if I confused you :-P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users