Photo

Tradewinds Cruise Line

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Poll: First Itinerary Routing (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Which routing do you prefer?

1. Voted CCAB (4 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. BACC (2 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts

I have been reading up on some newer, more efficient and quieter engines :)

Yeah, but replacing the engines would require us cutting the current ones out of the ship, and I'd like to get some cruises under the belt before we put her in dry dock. On a side note, the formal restaurant doesn't have a buffet. It's the sort of place you need at least a sports jacket to eat at.

1. Replacing engines on a ship of this size is out of the question, she'd be out of service for several months and the task itself would be too complex. Finding a suitable replacement would also be a difficult task, the engines are made to fit the ship. If it came to the point of replacing engines, we may as well just buy a new ship.

2. The ships engines don't need replacing, they work. The inefficiency will only be temporary while my engineers source the problem and find a solution, this shouldn't require her going into dry-dock and while she is repaired shouldn't take longer than a few weeks.

ADWAM.png

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

I might just investigate sound proofing materials for crew cabins, which are closer to the engine room.

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

Amtran

Amtran

TZ Guru and 757 Fan(atic)

• 436 posts

1. Replacing engines on a ship of this size is out of the question, she'd be out of service for several months and the task itself would be too complex. Finding a suitable replacement would also be a difficult task, the engines are made to fit the ship. If it came to the point of replacing engines, we may as well just buy a new ship.

2. The ships engines don't need replacing, they work. The inefficiency will only be temporary while my engineers source the problem and find a solution, this shouldn't require her going into dry-dock and while she is repaired shouldn't take longer than a few weeks.

Exactly. Granted, a new ship is a bit off, but we're still going to buy one under 40,000 GRT when (not if) we buy our new ship. I would have looked for a newer ship in the first place, but the previous owner was eager to sell, and discounted the sale price heavily (still more than what he would have gotten for sending it to the scrappers in India).

Also, for a US winter cruise, how about a repositioning into the Southern Hemisphere (Australia?) for a cruising season?

I was thinking of moving to the UK for the summer, but I like the idea of going to Asia for the winter. Better yet: Singapore as a base. It would allow for great itinerary diversity (Cambodia, Thailand, China, Myanmar, India, Indonesia, the Philippines...the possibilities are endless. The only downside would be that despite having two separate cruise facilities, they are relatively small. (The older one is smaller than the one in Bridgetown, and the newer one, though it could work, is designed with mega ships in mind.)

On the other hand, we could base in Hong Kong too. Both are easily accessible cities internationally (Yes I know that both cities are mentioned are, in fact, in the northern hemisphere, just thought I'd through this out there).

DWA_Sig_3_12.png

My current active brands:

Nordic, Transbaltika

Adam.Bomb

Adam.Bomb

The user with a past

• 513 posts

I like boats

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts

I might just investigate sound proofing materials for crew cabins, which are closer to the engine room.

Lets renovate the rest of the ship while were at it :|

1.We cant afford to take the ship out of service or refit it.

2. Sound proofing walls near to the engines just wouldn't be worth the hassle, the entire area would have to have its walls stripped down.

3. Those walls are already sound proof, its the vibrations that are the bigger problem, which soundproofing wont fix.

The noise will be fixed in a few weeks okay, as i said, its only temporary so nothing that your suggesting is necessary!!!!!

leave the engineering to the engineers.

ADWAM.png

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Is it too late to join?

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts

Vibrartions could be engine mounts, a simple replacement compared to a whole new engine.

(chiming in as outside expert)

I'll get my engineers looking into it, thanks for your special expertise.

ADWAM.png

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

I still will be installing soundproofing measures such as thicker carpets for the Crew Cabins.

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

Amtran

Amtran

• 436 posts

Is it too late to join?

No, we still have a position available as a Shore Excursions Manager. It involves working with the Destination Manager to determine onshore activities to promote and sell as packages in each port-of-call. If interested, please send me a copy of your resume ((PM me with a character name and a biography)).

DWA_Sig_3_12.png

Nordic, Transbaltika

Amtran

Amtran

• 436 posts

Is it too late to join?

No, we still have a position available as a Shore Excursions Manager. It involves working with the Destination Manager to determine onshore activities to promote and sell as packages in each port-of-call. If interested, please send me a copy of your resume ((PM me with a character name and a biography)).

I still will be installing soundproofing measures such as thicker carpets for the Crew Cabins.

Alright, but make sure to run the materials by engineering to ensure they will be compatible with our fire-safety regs.

DWA_Sig_3_12.png

Nordic, Transbaltika

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

Roger and Wilco

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

df629599

df629599

AE Player

• 25 posts

How was that first press release? Anyone suggest anything else?

The Apple Pie

The Apple Pie

AE's Indomie-loving guy

• 452 posts

it's good  ;)

Jmt6GWd.png

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts

Today the engineers found the source of the vibrations in the engine room. It appears that threads on the bolts used on the engine mounts had experienced severe fatigue. In the maintenance logs it appears the previous owner supposedly replaced them before the sale, I'll get my engineers looking into the other supposed maintenance works the previous owner conducted, just to be safe. The new bolts wont arrive until another few weeks due to our current location, its safe for now but the vibrations will still be around until we get the new bolts in.

ADWAM.png

Amtran

Amtran

• 436 posts

Alright, we may have to set sail before we can get the parts in, as soon as we get all of the department reports settled, and a itinerary settled, we'll give it a week for the travel agencies to sell them (I doubt we'll fill all the cabins, and we'll be marking them down severely for the first few cruises, since they are "last minute" cruises. We'll need to start working on more itineraries, and a schedule until roughly early/mid March (the end of our winter season, and the start of our repositioning cruise(s).)

DWA_Sig_3_12.png

Nordic, Transbaltika

The Apple Pie

The Apple Pie

AE's Indomie-loving guy

• 452 posts

Exactly. Granted, a new ship is a bit off, but we're still going to buy one under 40,000 GRT when (not if) we buy our new ship. I would have looked for a newer ship in the first place, but the previous owner was eager to sell, and discounted the sale price heavily (still more than what he would have gotten for sending it to the scrappers in India).

I was thinking of moving to the UK for the summer, but I like the idea of going to Asia for the winter. Better yet: Singapore as a base. It would allow for great itinerary diversity (Cambodia, Thailand, China, Myanmar, India, Indonesia, the Philippines...the possibilities are endless. The only downside would be that despite having two separate cruise facilities, they are relatively small. (The older one is smaller than the one in Bridgetown, and the newer one, though it could work, is designed with mega ships in mind.)

On the other hand, we could base in Hong Kong too. Both are easily accessible cities internationally (Yes I know that both cities are mentioned are, in fact, in the northern hemisphere, just thought I'd through this out there).

I love it, i know a lot about Indonesia, so i will suggests that we can go to Bali for next cruise journey.

Jmt6GWd.png

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

I love it, i know a lot about Indonesia, so i will suggests that we can go to Bali for next cruise journey.

Ha nope.
Use a real schedule from Oceania ports (I think BNE is popular)

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

The Apple Pie

The Apple Pie

AE's Indomie-loving guy

• 452 posts

Ha nope.
Use a real schedule from Oceania ports (I think BNE is popular)

Asia, Oceania, why not both?

Jmt6GWd.png

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

DPS is not a cruise destination. From BNE you could do a Cook Islands cruise, Fiji, PNG etc

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

The Apple Pie

The Apple Pie

AE's Indomie-loving guy

• 452 posts

Who says DPS is not a cruise destination? http://www.cruisetim...-indonesia.html

Jmt6GWd.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users