AE App

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

USA

USA

Pilot of Southwest Airlines

• 159 posts
I can't speak for most members, but I can for a few. I've always wondered if Airline Empires application for ios, android,and windows. A free app that would enable players to enjoy building airlines on the go. For me it may be quite annoying to be on a computer but on my iPad I can be almost anywhere. It would be an app went through the website, but not actually bring you to the site and keep you within the app. Any comments below
What you think

App icon
http://imgur.com/ThEfixP

Guest_Trans World Airlines_*

Guest_Trans World Airlines_*
  • Guests
I agree with you.. An app version would be great! Good idea! The only problem is actually making it because the mobile site is really bad!

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

I disagree personally. I'd probably use it if one was made but I feel it isn't necessary. The developers have enough on their plate and I'm fine with using AE on Safari.

USA

USA

Pilot of Southwest Airlines

• 159 posts
Not to push things Back but possibly AE4.0 :P

SirMoo

SirMoo

Rawr?

• 497 posts

An app is not needed. The site just needs to be worked and a mobile friendly version created. An app would be pointless and consume resources.

I can turn any website into a fake app in a few seconds... But that wouldn't change the fact that AE is not really friendly for that (it's a very wide game). I do think that it would be pretty cool if Yuxi updated the site to be more mobile browser based. This would be easier than an actual app as the coding wouldn't be different. :P

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,364 posts

I'll repeat what I said the last time this was brought up:

We recognize that people are moving much of their web browsing to phones and tablets, and it would be great if you can check on your routes or research routes while waiting in line somewhere. Thus, AE 4 will have a layout designed for smartphones, but as of now we don't have plans for full native apps. If we want presence in app stores, making a wrapper around the mobile web UI would be feasible, but developing and maintaining native interfaces for every major phone platform is simply not cost effective in terms of development effort.

Airplanepilot501

Airplanepilot501

Private Pilot

• 57 posts

If you have a windows surface 2 you don't need the moblie site, you can justuse the full site.

1312Low-plane-landing.gif

jmOio.jpg

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

I am using my mobile phone right now. The only issue is that the keys on my keyboard are too small, and thats Huawei's problem. :giggle:

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

What happened to being able to take a break from AE?

Signature%203.png

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

An app is not needed. The site just needs to be worked and a mobile friendly version created. An app would be pointless and consume resources.

I can turn any website into a fake app in a few seconds... But that wouldn't change the fact that AE is not really friendly for that (it's a very wide game). I do think that it would be pretty cool if Yuxi updated the site to be more mobile browser based. This would be easier than an actual app as the coding wouldn't be different. :P

I agree. 75% of my AE access is from my iPod, and I find the mobile IPB very usuable :)

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users