- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

The twin pine mall will also be attractive to those living in smaller towns nearby. Why about the Tanger Outlet mall and parts of the Twin Pine development be combined into a mall?

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

lake

lake

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 717 posts

The twin pine mall will also be attractive to those living in smaller towns nearby. Why about the Tanger Outlet mall and parts of the Twin Pine development be combined into a mall?

Unfortunately, we are going to have to decline as we do not believe a mall of that type would be successful in the region due to outside competition. For one, there are 2 Walmart Supercenters within 20 miles of Calvert City which already cater the needs the Twin Pine Mall would suit. Also, The Kentucky Oaks Mall is 25 minutes from our properties and is considered a massive success. Since we have a ownership stake in this mall (purchased 5 years ago) we have elected not to invest in any mall properties. The Tanger property appeals to a completely demographic and will be successful in it's spot. Two malls for a small amount of people would likely not be successful.

Also, the Lake Group is putting it's full support behind the diner idea and the Plaza Hotel as we believe that they will help turn Calvert City into a family fun destination by giving more variety to the travelers.

Signature.png

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.

Steve Prefontaine

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

Yeah, I am saying that a combination of shops in the two, say for instance a few outlet stores mixed with some food stores and a supermarket and maybe a department store?

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*
  • Guests

Unfortunately, we are going to have to decline as we do not believe a mall of that type would be successful in the region due to outside competition. For one, there are 2 Walmart Supercenters within 20 miles of Calvert City which already cater the needs the Twin Pine Mall would suit. Also, The Kentucky Oaks Mall is 25 minutes from our properties and is considered a massive success. Since we have a ownership stake in this mall (purchased 5 years ago) we have elected not to invest in any mall properties. The Tanger property appeals to a completely demographic and will be successful in it's spot. Two malls for a small amount of people would likely not be successful.

Also, the Lake Group is putting it's full support behind the diner idea and the Plaza Hotel as we believe that they will help turn Calvert City into a family fun destination by giving more variety to the travelers.

Thank you for your support of the Plaza Hotel idea

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*
  • Guests

As the owner of Calculator Industries, I propose that a Casio factory be built on unused land to the south, providing jobs for the yet to be built, Calculus Village.
Also, I propose a CostCo hypermarket be built close to the city centre,
This would be part of the Twin Pines Mall development, which is also undergoing civic approval.
In the Mall, there would be a large array of shops, including a Target Department store, CostCo, K-Mart, Wendys, McDonalds, Walmart and many other specialty stores.

Wendy's and McDonald's are specialty stores?

lake

lake

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 717 posts

Yeah, I am saying that a combination of shops in the two, say for instance a few outlet stores mixed with some food stores and a supermarket and maybe a department store?

The Tanger Group is not interested in that as they specialize in outlet centers. If the KB Home project goes through, the Lake Group will be looking for a developer to develop a Kroger supermarket and a small restaurant and bank near the neighborhood. We'll keep you updated on that process.

Signature.png

Steve Prefontaine

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

The twin Pines mall will still be going ahead, with a smaller array of shops, and will attract a better class of shoppers
With stores such as Zara and Collette.
I am in talks with the civic counsel about the need for such a outlet centre

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

lake

lake

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 717 posts

The twin Pines mall will still be going ahead, with a smaller array of shops, and will attract a better class of shoppers
With stores such as Zara and Collette.
I am in talks with the civic counsel about the need for such a outlet centre

Good luck with that. I fully expect Zara and the name of a store you can't even spell to move into a county with an average income of $40,000. 

Signature.png

Steve Prefontaine

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

Why would an Outlet store come to a small town either?

This is fruitless, I will work on my Calculator Development while you can work on your deserted outlet mall

(This is all in Roleplay, I don't actually hate your idea, i just "Hate" your company :P )

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*
  • Guests
I hate calculators. Yeah I said it :P

lake

lake

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 717 posts

Why would an Outlet store come to a small town either?

This is fruitless, I will work on my Calculator Development while you can work on your deserted outlet mall

(This is all in Roleplay, I don't actually hate your idea, i just "Hate" your company :P )

Realism is key. Find me an example of an upscale mall in a small & poor town of 2,000 and I'll shut up. 

On the other hand, outlets tend to be in towns of this size due to value of land and lack of competition. This allows drivers on highways to stop and make impulse buys based on deals that they saw. For example, here are a couple of towns that have outlet malls and their population-

Barstow,CA- 22,000

Primm,NV- 284

Kittery,ME- 9,000

Locust Grove, GA- 5,000

Gonzales,LA- 9,000

Tilton, NH- 3,000

Signature.png

Steve Prefontaine

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

Meh

I suppose the jobs provided by the calculator company, with housing included, should be enough to sustain a small Supermarket and some stores (Butcher etc)

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

I propose to build a small ice cream parlour beside the lake, with an arcade attached. It will ope from April - October from 10:00 to 19:00

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

I hate calculators. Yeah I said it :P

I hate bankrupt airlines :hmmph:

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

Amtran

Amtran

TZ Guru and 757 Fan(atic)

• 436 posts

((I'll try to respond to everything soon, just that I've had a long, stressful week, and my time tonight is going to be dedicated to my airlines, as I really don't have the time to read through and respond to each comment. I will get everything written up by 04:00 UTC Sunday.))

DWA_Sig_3_12.png

My current active brands:

Nordic, Transbaltika

Amtran

Amtran

• 436 posts

((Update being typed up now, placeholder for end-of-month update.))
CCVB Responses

((

I might have some good news for you regarding your Applebees idea:

From the Wikipedia website for Calvert City:

Despite being in an otherwise [/size]dry county, sales by the drink in restaurants seating at least 100 diners are allowed after a 2004 local option election.[/size]
http://en.wikipedia....ucky#Government

Interesting point, but we're still in January 1996.))

As the owner of Calculator Industries, I propose that a Casio factory be built on unused land to the south, providing jobs for the yet to be built, Calculus Village.
Also, I propose a CostCo hypermarket be built close to the city centre,
This would be part of the Twin Pines Mall development, which is also undergoing civic approval.
In the Mall, there would be a large array of shops, including a Target Department store, CostCo, K-Mart, Wendys, McDonalds, Walmart and many other specialty stores.

The Calvert City Visitors Bureau is interested in your proposal, but requires further documentation ((aka please draw it up on the Google Map)) before moving forward with this proposal.

I propose to build the Plaza Hotel at Calvert City. This will feature a 80 room hotel with 10 suites (70 normal rooms and 10 suites so 80 rooms total). It will have an indoor pool, a restaurant and banquet space. The hotel will cost a total of 5 million dollars. The location will make it in the central area of the town.

Sincerely,
Mr. Eastwind

CEO of Eastwind Entertainment Group

EDIT: The location will be on Kennedy Ave. and is to replace the Waffle House already there located along Interstate 69

My plan is also to have more jobs

60 full time jobs and 18 part time jobs

Eastwind Entertainment Group would also like to propose the construction of an Ames Department Store.
The store is to be 1 stories and have 500sq. The store will be located next to the Plaza Hotel. The store will allow 50 more jobs. The store will have a selection of products ranging from medium price to high prices. We will offer furniture, men clothing, women clothing, beauty products and jewelry. The total cost is an expected 1 million dollars.

Sincerely,

Mr. Eastwind

CEO of Eastwind Entertainment Group

The CCVB welcomes Eastwind Group to Calvert City, and is interested in your proposal, but requests further documentation on the specifics of the properties under development ((Google map)).

I propose to build the "Calvert Drive-in Diner" across the street from the Calvert City Hall/Police Dept located at 861 E 5th Ave, Calvert City, KY 42029.  [/size]
I googled the address.  There is an undeveloped tract across the street.[/size]

The outside of the diner will look similar to this (of course new construction and lot):[/size]
attachicon.gifOutisde image.jpg
 [/size]
The interior will be of similar design to this (only scaled to fit the outside view):[/size]
attachicon.gifinterior.jpg

The proposed hours for the diner will start out with opening at 6am and closing at 8 pm.  [/size]
As the town grows, hours may expand up to 24 hours.[/size]

Welcome to Calvert City. Once again, we are interested in your proposal, but would like further documentation.

((Please remember that this is currently set in January 1996, so the local alcohol law isn't in effect yet (though you CAN propose it), and the 2014 vote is 18 years away. :P ))

Regarding the Tanger Outlet Mall Proposal, we have noted after further research that Tanger's success in other tourism-oriented cities has led to many economic benefits for the surrounding communities, so we back the project full-heartedly.

((I've been to the Tanger Outlet Malls in Branson, MO and Wisconsin Dells, WI, both cities I based this RP on, and I'd say that lake is right in saying that they attract mostly long-distance visitors in those sorts of situation (by long-distance, I mean over 50 miles).))

Council Votes

((Working on them.))

DWA_Sig_3_12.png

Nordic, Transbaltika

ChiJohnAok

ChiJohnAok

AE Know It All

• 147 posts
  • Yahoo ID:siebenburgenair
  • ICQ Number:609576981

User's Awards

9    5    2    4   

ChiJohnAok, on 07 Jan 2014 - 9:24 PM, said:

snapback.png

I propose to build the "Calvert Drive-in Diner" across the street from the Calvert City Hall/Police Dept located at 861 E 5th Ave, Calvert City, KY 42029.  [/size]
I googled the address.  There is an undeveloped tract across the street.[/size]

The outside of the diner will look similar to this (of course new construction and lot):[/size]
attachicon.gifOutisde image.jpg
 [/size]
The interior will be of similar design to this (only scaled to fit the outside view):[/size]
attachicon.gifinterior.jpg

The proposed hours for the diner will start out with opening at 6am and closing at 8 pm.  [/size]
As the town grows, hours may expand up to 24 hours.[/size]

Welcome to Calvert City. Once again, we are interested in your proposal, but would like further documentation.

Now marked in blue marker on the Google map (I think I did that correctly).   

Please advise if it was incorrect or if additional information is needed.

Co-founder of MB Global Alliance

MBGlobalAlliancebanner.jpg

Amtran

Amtran

• 436 posts

((Seeing as I never saved the voting part of the end-of-week update, I'll let everyone update their proposals before next week's deadline, then I'll put the vote in, to allow for those with proposals but no Google Maps plan to finish.

EDIT: It probably would be best to draw a shape for the property/buildings, to avoid conflict if others build next door, but what you did was fine.))

DWA_Sig_3_12.png

Nordic, Transbaltika

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*
  • Guests
How do I mark a location?

Amtran

Amtran

• 436 posts

((If you sign into a Google account, an "Edit" button becomes available on the left side of the page.))

DWA_Sig_3_12.png

Nordic, Transbaltika

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users