Your View On "The United States Of America"

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: America's Worldwide Views (65 member(s) have cast votes)

What Country/Region Are You From?

1. Voted The USA (24 votes [36.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.92%

2. Canada (1 votes [1.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.54%

3. Latin America + Caribbean (2 votes [3.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.08%

4. The United Kingdom (9 votes [13.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.85%

5. Ireland (2 votes [3.08%] - View)

6. Other Europe (9 votes [13.85%] - View)

7. Australia or Oceania (3 votes [4.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.62%

8. Sub Saharan Africa (2 votes [3.08%] - View)

9. Middle East/North Africa (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

10. Central Asia (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

11. Southeast Asia + The Philipines (10 votes [15.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

12. East Asia (3 votes [4.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.62%

What Is Your View On American Government and Society?

1. I absolutely love America! America is great, I idol America! Their policies are beyond awesome, and they are out for the best of everyone and everything. America is the definition of Amazing. (4 votes [6.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.15%

2. I really like America! America is so cool! Their policies are good, bu are only out for the safety or Americans and not anyone else. I would live in America! (4 votes [6.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.15%

3. Voted I like America. America is Good. They try to help, but it doesn't work out so great. Their policies are just OK ad can be harmful, but mostly are good! (14 votes [21.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.54%

4. Voted I feel so-so about America. America is Okay. They try to be a father of the world (Notably: Israel) and they should id their own business. Unfortunately, their policies are not as good as they claim them to be. (14 votes [21.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.54%

5. I Don't Really like America. America is Not great. They are too involved everywhere else, the hurt other countries and there policies aren't good. There is potential corruption. (10 votes [15.38%] - View)

6. I dont like America. America is a bad place. They hurt and use other countries, and their policies have a lot of corruption. The are hiding a lot from their citizens (Ex. Snowden) (10 votes [15.38%] - View)

7. Voted I hate America!! America is a death trap, and an evil inspiration with determination to hurt and toss other countries. The country has to much power and I can't stand their corrupted policies. America is the definition of corruption. (9 votes [13.85%] - View)

What Are Your Views Of American Citizens?

1. Voted I love Americans! They are rich, amazing, fonomanal people! (7 votes [10.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

2. Voted I like Americans. They are pretty cool, and I have favorable views on them. (15 votes [23.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

3. Eh.. So-So. Americans are alright. Potentially rude, but also nice... kindof weird. (31 votes [47.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.69%

4. I Dont like Americans. Americans are stuck up and annoying. (6 votes [9.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.23%

5. I hate Americans! D:< . Americans are horrible and evil people! (6 votes [9.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.23%

When you Think Of America, what state(s) comes to your mind?

1. Voted California (Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Hollywood, The American Dream, Manifest Destiny) (30 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. Voted New York (New York City, Empire State Building, Statue Of Liberty, Irish/Italian Mafias, Upstate) (44 votes [24.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.44%

3. Voted Florida (Disney World, Miami, Beaches, Blonde Girls, Everglades) (15 votes [8.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

4. Voted Massachusetts (Boston, Irish Mafia, Pilgrims, Strong Irish Culture) (7 votes [3.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.89%

5. New Jersey (NY Metro, Large Italian Diaspora, Jersey Shore) (5 votes [2.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.78%

6. Voted Texas (Dallas, Houston, Tex-Mex, The West, Cowboys) (23 votes [12.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.78%

7. Nevada (Las Vegas, The West, Area 51) (6 votes [3.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

8. Illinois (Chicago, Pioneers) (7 votes [3.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.89%

9. Up State New England (Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire) (5 votes [2.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.78%

10. Hawaii (Honolulu, Maui, Surfing) (12 votes [6.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

11. Alaska (Anchorage, Mountains) (8 votes [4.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.44%

12. Voted Virginia (Richmond, Duke, Government) (2 votes [1.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.11%

13. Other States! (16 votes [8.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Guest_Trans World Airlines_*

• Guests
I use to think that the USA was a well liked and superpowerful country, as some people think before they associate with non-americans. As I have traveled the world, I have been to 26 countries where I have found that not only is America disliked, we are looked upon as we are horrible people in some places. With all the places I have been/lived in, I feel that Ireland, The UK, Canada, and Mexico had the people with the most favorable vies on America. On the other hand, in Vietnam, UAE, Egypt and Switzerland, I felt like the people strongly disliked America, significantly. Just give me your thoughts and if you have experienced this before fellow Americans. While if your a non American, do you like us Americans? and is there something we can improve in?

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

The whole country is screwed except Seattle area

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

I dislike the US. I don't mind the people, I don't mind the government but what I find annoying is that some people can be self righteous and intolerant. Another point is that the US are in Iraq and Afghanistan but haven't gone into Syria. Also, the US burns so much fossil fuels. 50% more than anywhere in Europe. Go Canada!

**OLT@22.Hrvatska**

**OLT@22.Hrvatska**

CEO Of The Blue1 Brand

• 61 posts

User's Awards

2    2      
America is a country misrepresented. Yes our government is horrible, It wasn't meant to be the best but not the worst either. It was meant to provide each person freedom and to make sure nobody ever can take it away from us. In the past few decades we were blinded of our goal to remain free by tragic events like 9-11. With recent revelations like the NSA scandal, I believe the country is in the beginning stages of a revolution, by people opening their eyes and remembering their goals of freedom. The people are just like any other country, some poor, some rich, but national pride runs high. We love our country, our flag, and our people. As a future soldier, I love my country.

I Have Flown on: ATR 72, Q400, Airbus: 319, 320, 330 Boeing:737-800, 747-8, 767-300ER, Embrear 175,190

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=q49NOyJ8fNA

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

• Guests

The whole country is screwed except Seattle area

And I would include The Boston and San Francisco Metro Area. 

• Guests

I dislike the US. I don't mind the people, I don't mind the government but what I find annoying is that some people can be self righteous and intolerant. Another point is that the US are in Iraq and Afghanistan but haven't gone into Syria. Also, the US burns so much fossil fuels. 50% more than anywhere in Europe. Go Canada!

First of all, we shouldnt even be in Afhgan / Iraq. 

Second of all, Syria can fix its own problems because I don't recall any country helping The USA in the Civil War.

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

Well, you Americans won't accept help :whistle:

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

I think the American people that I've met are some of the nicest and friendliest in world (obviously there are exceptions but that counts in every country) but I don't really approve of spying and getting involved in the affairs of the rest of the world (I still have great respect for Barack Obama though)

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts

When you say that the US burns more fossil fuels, are the stats total or per capita/person? Even if the Europe is combined and calculated, the US still has 161% more land area than Europe. That being said, Europe has almost twice the population of the United States, so even per capita/person statistics might be partially skewed when not placed in context.

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

When you say that the US burns more fossil fuels, are the stats total or per capita/person? Even if the Europe is combined and calculated, the US still has 161% more land area than Europe. That being said, Europe has almost twice the population of the United States, so even per capita/person statistics might be partially skewed when not placed in context.

Per person. Anyway, I think I might be the first Environmentalist Aviation enthusiast. :P

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,458 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

well this sums up my opinion on the US

Jezza.

Jezza.

AE's resident Yooper.

• 438 posts

I am sorry to say this, but we should have stuck under british rule. At least their government isn't crap like ours.

DWA_Sig_3_15.png

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

North Korea will always have the best government ^_^

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

I am sorry to say this, but we should have stuck under british rule. At least their government isn't crap like ours.

Are you serious? As an outsider, I know that the US would more than likely be poor, resourceless and dependent on other countries had they stuck with Britain. Of course they would have given you away after WW2 to make themselves look better.

Oggey

Oggey

Disgusting, sick, and nasty member

• 1,006 posts

Are you serious? As an outsider, I know that the US would more than likely be poor, resourceless and dependent on other countries had they stuck with Britain. Of course they would have given you away after WW2 to make themselves look better.

The US is poor, resourceless and dependent on China ^_^

12ca1c99cc.png

Amtran

Amtran

TZ Guru and 757 Fan(atic)

• 436 posts

Not really. We could survive without China, it's just that it's cheaper (marginally) to get stuff from China. As a matter of fact, shipping prices and rising wages in China mean that we're becoming less "dependent" on China (the jobs are going to India). As a matter of fact, the US even is exporting more oil per day than it imports, as of a few years ago (thus the reason why a few cities in NW North Dakota are becoming boomtowns). If anything, though, the US is most reliant on Canada. Canada is our biggest trading partner, and we get a good chunk of our oil from Alberta.

DWA_Sig_3_12.png

My current active brands:

Nordic, Transbaltika

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

We will begin preparations to bring freedom and democracy to Canada at once. 

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts

Heres my take on America:

I don't dislike Americans, I'm not going to generalise based on meeting <0.01% of the population. American culture on the other hand is awful. Patriotism is cringeworthy. Worshipping a piece of fabric like it was handed down by a god? Bloody hell that's weird. Guns, I love guns, I'm a gun nut. But American gun laws are ridiculous. A mentally unstable person can walk into a wal-mart and buy a semi-automatic military grade rifle and in some states even open carry. Crazy. My biggest gripe is the lack of social benefits. Damn how do you stick it. I could never live n a country without free healthcare/education. A load of Americans complain about not wanting free healthcare because it' a waste of money and people don't deserve it. A country is more willing to spend 600+ billion dollars a year to have some air force guy zapping sandcastles in Iraq with a drone. But the thought of providing for citizens is a no-go for Americans. 

I could go on for weeks but you get the idea. It might be because I'm Irish and complaining is my national sport but, dems my views. 

"A conservative in Europe is a communist in America."

littleman

littleman

somewhat inactive

• 81 posts

User's Awards

Heres my take on America:

I don't dislike Americans, I'm not going to generalise based on meeting <0.01% of the population. American culture on the other hand is awful. Patriotism is cringeworthy. Worshipping a piece of fabric like it was handed down by a god? Bloody hell that's weird. Guns, I love guns, I'm a gun nut. But American gun laws are ridiculous. A mentally unstable person can walk into a wal-mart and buy a semi-automatic military grade rifle and in some states even open carry. Crazy. My biggest gripe is the lack of social benefits. Damn how do you stick it. I could never live n a country without free healthcare/education. A load of Americans complain about not wanting free healthcare because it' a waste of money and people don't deserve it. A country is more willing to spend 600+ billion dollars a year to have some air force guy zapping sandcastles in Iraq with a drone. But the thought of providing for citizens is a no-go for Americans. 

I could go on for weeks but you get the idea. It might be because I'm Irish and complaining is my national sport but, dems my views. 

"A conservative in Europe is a communist in America."

As an american, I agree.
boredom is fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users