• 51 posts

I joined ONLY because AE is Free

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

Why did you feel the need to revive a topic that has been dead for two years, darling? :P

I have a feeling this could be locked.

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

eSPeWe

eSPeWe

blah blah blah...

• 75 posts
it's not

big.png

aoumd

aoumd

AE Player

• 94 posts

User's Awards

7    3    2    2    2   

I was just about to start a new thread, but see my suggestion fits nicely here: how about a paid "First Class" OPTION for AE, similar to the First Class accounts on FSX download sites, where for a modest monthly fee, you get BANDWIDTH: You are moved to the front of the line for server processing while playing.  (This is similar to the FSX download sites, where you have unlimited downloads at a time if paid, whereas simultaneous downloads are capped if free to prevent bandwidth hogging).  In this case, there would not need to be a cap of any kind for free accounts, just that premium accounts would be moved to the front of the line and get the fastest server processing.  While Yuxi might have an initial upfront investment of some additional server capacity, the memberships would recoup the cost of the added server capacity.

I operate a massive airline with hundreds of routes in AE, and the single biggest time constraint I have when trying to implement fleetwide aircraft deployment changes is the 10-15 full seconds per page load I have to wait ~50% of the time whenever I do something that rebalances the capacity/demand model before the page refreshes, when other non-AE sites I access through my same internet connection load more complex pages in a fraction of the time.  I wouldn't mind paying $10 a month to get a significantly faster page load experience, and thus be able to process 60 routes an hour instead of 30 when redeploying my fleet.

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

No. AE is a FREE game. Maybe you should pay for the privilege to have your s***ty spamlines?

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users