Photo

Toasted

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

mikemather

mikemather

• 18 posts
I just had all my planes and money removed. Apparently I am buying from feeder airlines and that you cannot buy planes at half price or below market value. All but 3 planes were purchased on the public market most at an amount below market value and from lots of different airlines including Watchdog, Travelhouse, Eiberg, Virgin Canada, PSA and so on. Does this mean that they are my feeders? If you watch deals come along, why is that wrong for me and not for other airlines? The 3 private sales were from an "Alliance" proposition which I quickly left as it was way to complicated and time consuming for me. Maybe it would be a lot easier if every plane put up for sale cannot be sold for less than market value - that solves everything regarding feeder airlines but removes the escape for an airline who needs a quick dollar to pay some bills.

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
ouch! you will have to u2u miller, I don't know what he can do though.

mikemather

mikemather

• 18 posts
I just returned my gates and declared bankruptcy - now we start again!

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

Originally posted by mikemather
I just had all my planes and money removed. Apparently I am buying from feeder airlines and that you cannot buy planes at half price or below market value. All but 3 planes were purchased on the public market most at an amount below market value and from lots of different airlines including Watchdog, Travelhouse, Eiberg, Virgin Canada, PSA and so on. Does this mean that they are my feeders? If you watch deals come along, why is that wrong for me and not for other airlines? The 3 private sales were from an "Alliance" proposition which I quickly left as it was way to complicated and time consuming for me. Maybe it would be a lot easier if every plane put up for sale cannot be sold for less than market value - that solves everything regarding feeder airlines but removes the escape for an airline who needs a quick dollar to pay some bills.

Placing used aircraft on the used market is what travelhouse does, sorry if you purchased this way as its the correct manner to conduct business however there must be more to this than is known here.

737MMA

737MMA

V3 Data Guru

• 277 posts
Um...yeah...could...um...we...um...stop...um...referring....um...to...um...ourselves...um...in...um...the...um...third...um...person???

Mexicana757

Mexicana757

• 148 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:dperez757
  • Yahoo ID:trekkerr757

Originally posted by 737MMA
Um...yeah...could...um...we...um...stop...um...referring....um...to...um...ourselves...um...in...um...the...um...third...um...person???

And I thought I was the only that got annoyed by that. ;)

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747
Yeah, I find it strange that people refer to themselves in third person, but if she likes it that way, I won't argue.

VC-10

VC-10

• 706 posts
VC-10 agrees with Kevin.

mikemather

mikemather

• 18 posts

Originally posted by travelhouse

Originally posted by mikemather

Placing used aircraft on the used market is what travelhouse does, sorry if you purchased this way as its the correct manner to conduct business however there must be more to this than is known here.

Not saying anything other than where I bought planes. I know that is the correct way to do business - that's my point!
I also know that I bought 3 Beeches from an Alliance that I "joined" and quickly left as I realized that the way business was conducted was " inappropriate ". I have been punished for that. Do I think the penalty was severe? Sure I do. I was new and didn't know any better. Like most people I started playing and then read the rule book. I just think that if planes cannot be sold for less than market value then this situation could never arise. I will take my "punishment " and move on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users