Photo

Still to many arcade players

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

muttley44

muttley44

AE Player

• 38 posts

Keep having a look to see if worth playing this airline sim. Too many stupid airlines blocking the game, fleets with hundreds of 30+ years old aircraft, or 200 737s with no utilisation, or 250 747;s operating out of a small backwater. No problem with a bit of fantisy, its what a sim should be about. Ah well back to real life, and form of relaxation ruined by arcade airlines.

Chris

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Well, what exactly can be done?

n.x.w.m

n.x.w.m

taiwanball

• Data Collector
  • 2,061 posts

Nothing can be done, as people are humans. So stop complaining, and if you want to, leave. It's a challenge running a realistic airline in AE (not really), so if you don't like the challenge, leave. ^_^

cUDPatH.jpg

muttley44

muttley44

AE Player

• 38 posts

Good point, wish I knew, especially as I note the hard work many put into the sim. Prehaps I should be more helpful and less petulant. We should all take responsibily for shutting down are redundant airlines.

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      
What's wrong with redundant airlines? If they're inactive they're obviously not going to undercut you or damage your profits :P (I actually prefer having them around) and a good bit of the airlines that have ancient fleets are inactive, hence why they are like that. Some people here also like to top the ranks and the only way is obviously to have big fleets. It also doesn't take a genius to work out that spending 15 minutes opening new routes means more cash than replacing old aircraft both short term and long term. That's just the way it is. There's nothing anyone can really do about it

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

We could make AE a paid game :whistling: 

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts

We could make AE a paid game :whistling:

And instantly lose about 90% of AE's userbase? :P

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

PC Will

PC Will

AE'spolice officer (in training).

• 505 posts

99.99999% :hmmph:

gallery_7626_9_1537.jpg

MSC Application (Papersift): Passed 08/2015 Written Assessment: Passed 16/10/2015 Interview: Passed 16/10/2015 Fitness test: Passed 16/10/2015 Medical: Passed 16/10/2015 
Vetting: Passed 01/2016  Induction Evening (NSY): Attended 12/02/2016 Training: Completed 07/03/2016 - 11/04/2016 - 24 Day Intensive AttestationCompleted Sunday 12th June
First Shift: Sat 20/08/2016 19:00-04:00

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PC Application: Passed August 2016 Online tests: Passed October 2016 Day 1 Assessment Passed February 2017 Day 2 Assessment Passed April 2017 Vetting Status: Cleared Training intake start date: 30th August 2017
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016 Retina Macbook Pro w Touchbar 256GB SSD i5 2.9GHZ

Custom built PC:

Corsair Obsidian 750D Full ATX Case
Intel Core i7-6850k Six Core @ 3.6GHZ
ASUS X99 Motherboard
Corsair Hydro H100i V2 CPU Cooler
32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHZ
Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1080TI 11GB GDDR5X
250GB Samsung 850 Evo Solid State Drive
500GB Samsung 850 Evo Solid State Drive

Randallator

Randallator

Train Fan

• 337 posts

User's Awards

Meaning 90% less spamlines.

2rLn142.pngmsg-26818-0-86969200-1392319731.png

#aerlingus&ryanairworldbestairline

Superman

Superman

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,507 posts

User's Awards

2    3   
The hell... this is a game, people could run their airlines however they want to.. AE is a free game as well, tell me if theres any other good sims out there for free?

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts

Meaning 90% less worlds, 90% less members, and in general a loss of profitability for the operator, at which point AE shuts down. Doomsday like? Perhaps.

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

grimsleeper

grimsleeper

AE Player

• 44 posts

User's Awards

Keep having a look to see if worth playing this airline sim.

It is.

Too many stupid airlines blocking the game

Corpse airlines are a bit of a nusance.  Still, because they are headless they are pretty easy to compete with.

I personally only start in new worlds I like or start in the backwater's of antartica.

fleets with hundreds of 30+ years old aircraft

I do hope this gets adressed in AE3(Drastically increased maintence with age?).

200 737s with no utilisation

Their problem, not yours.  Besides, airlines sometimes keep aircraft on hand for parts.

50 747;s operating out of a small backwater.

High frequency slaughters this, I'll attack these any time with A319s.  ...Unless its like 1x DME <=> GRB, thats kinda silly.

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

99.99999% :hmmph:

true

well only about 88% in fairness :P

Meaning 90% less worlds, 90% less members, and in general a loss of profitability for the operator, at which point AE shuts down. Doomsday like? Perhaps.

More than perhaps I'd say

Well, what exactly can be done?

nathin'

Nothing can be done, as people are humans. So stop complaining, and if you want to, leave. It's a challenge running a realistic airline in AE (not really), so if you don't like the challenge, leave. ^_^

exactly

The hell... this is a game, people could run their airlines however they want to.. AE is a free game as well, tell me if theres any other good sims out there for free?

Exactly

Whatever

Whatever

Degenerate | Degeneracy Enthusiast

• 845 posts
  • Skype Name:discord is better

User's Awards

Avoiding those kinds of airlines is very simple. Don't start an airline in an area with alot of competition.

Examples of areas with huge amounts of competition are US, UK, China, Singapore, Australia, Indonesia, France, Canada, Japan, etc.

The reason for all the competition in those areas, especially for the US and China is the amount of large airports in those areas. China has 21 airports that get over 10,000,000 passengers per year and the US has over 25 (I don't remember the exact number).

However, there are alot of areas that don't get the amount of competition places like those get.

Another way is by starting in a reset world but that's beside the point.

post-26818-0-81043200-1411418444.png

damasez

damasez

• 1 posts

Avoiding those kinds of airlines is very simple. Don't start an airline in an area with alot of competition

i agree with this post. but that's mean we couldn't get a big profit too, right? whats your opinion guys?

Akiyamareno

Akiyamareno

Doge

• 168 posts

maybe ask the developers to make it harder?

or smaller worlds?

tumblr_msig2nF1CQ1szim6vo1_400.gif

Much turns

very dissy

many cunfusion

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Or, again, just make AE a paid game. It'd remove a good bit of the stupid bull**** that happens on the community side of things, too. 

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Whatever

Whatever

Degenerate | Degeneracy Enthusiast

• 845 posts
  • Skype Name:discord is better

User's Awards

i agree with this post. but that's mean we couldn't get a big profit too, right? whats your opinion guys?

Sadly, no world is safe from spamlines.

post-26818-0-81043200-1411418444.png

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      
Well at least if some new airline starts up I don't flood their routes with $1 prices

muttley44

muttley44

AE Player

• 38 posts

Me and my big mouth. Much of the above I agree with, and thanks for the advice, well some of it, though always tend to get a bit miffed by the its a free world. I am happy put up with spamlines, and as noted we should be able to do what we like (within reason), and to be honest I have no real objection. And yes I note that "doc" does not replace his fleet to leave time to make extra profit, however it is a strategy, not mine, but he may not wish to sim as I do, so what. It is those airlines that sit there for years (game wise), and appear not to be active blocking slots, that realy miff,s.

By the way running small airline with 20yrs plus soviet airlines, great profits, if you can not beat them then you better join them, hope the incumbant dead airline does not wake up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users