User's Awards

Good.... Join the bright side.

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      
What does fleet replacing do only make the airline look pretty? I know it saves money on maintenance but spending 15 minutes opening new routes makes means far more cash that 15 minutes renewing the fleet.

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

What does fleet replacing do only make the airline look pretty? I know it saves money on maintenance but spending 15 minutes opening new routes makes means far more cash that 15 minutes renewing the fleet.

Hence why I expand rather than replace

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

I replace at different points depending on the A/C a Caravelle or Bac-111 for example will be phased out very quickly. (5-10 Years) where as a 737 may go a bit longer like around 20 years. 

Signature%203.png

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts

Hence why I expand rather than replace

Realism. You wouldn't want to normally fly an old, decrepit DC-10 around, right? Efficiency and maintenance would go out the window. There are some exceptions (757-200 for one), but you'd rather expand the production line than fly the old, original aircraft.

In addition, continual expansion isn't exactly great for a pleasurable playing experience.

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

TanWeiMing35_

TanWeiMing35_

AE Know It All

• 150 posts

there is one good point of renewing fleet as what I saw like few days back, it increases your market share without even removing some flights or make flights cheaper 

Pineair

Pineair

AE Luver

• 474 posts

User's Awards

10    16    12       9   

there is one good point of renewing fleet as what I saw like few days back, it increases your market share without even removing some flights or make flights cheaper

one of the advantages of replacing your fleet on a regular basis is that you will often find that you have routes where demand now exceeds supply so you can add extra flights. This happens when other airlines get into difficulty or demand increases. Newer aircraft have loer maintenance costs and are more fuel efficient thus more profitable.

TanWeiMing35_

TanWeiMing35_

AE Know It All

• 150 posts

Interesting never thought of that :P 

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Well, I replace for reputation and because I dislike finding old aircraft. It helps me find routes that have low loadfactors (I'm too lazy to go on to the Route page) or ones filled with Connecting Pax. I think it also helps with latecomers who want new-ish aircraft. :)

Abas

Abas

AE Player

• 28 posts
  • WLM ID:Zaherbin@chmail.ir
  • Yahoo ID:Abas_zaherbin

Every 5 years,i do that

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

one of the advantages of replacing your fleet on a regular basis is that you will often find that you have routes where demand now exceeds supply so you can add extra flights. This happens when other airlines get into difficulty or demand increases. Newer aircraft have loer maintenance costs and are more fuel efficient thus more profitable.

I've done the maths and expanding gets more cash than replacing and also takes less time

TanWeiMing35_

TanWeiMing35_

AE Know It All

• 150 posts

I've done the maths and expanding gets more cash than replacing and also takes less time

But will customers travel with other airlines who have a newer fleet? 

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

But will customers travel with other airlines who have a newer fleet?

In the real world, do you know how old the plane you're flying on is? And these are simulated PAX. If airline A gives out 5 star quality IFS free of charge and B makes you pay massive sums for plastic food, B will still fill fully of its $10 cheaper than A who will sadly get almost no customers

Wyldon

Wyldon

AE Player

• 49 posts

Yes...I rather enjoy it.  Gives me something to do on my weekends of solitude...when fleet renewal is desired.

Syllei'Anor

Syllei'Anor

AE Player

• 56 posts

is it realy worth replacing airoplanes, given then you have to have the new planes, and if you have the plans, is in not better to put them on new routes?

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

is it realy worth replacing airoplanes, given then you have to have the new planes, and if you have the plans, is in not better to put them on new routes?

you make more money by putting them on routes but replacing old aircraft increases reputation (which doesn't matter because it makes no difference)

TanWeiMing35_

TanWeiMing35_

AE Know It All

• 150 posts

you make more money by putting them on routes but replacing old aircraft increases reputation (which doesn't matter because it makes no difference)

I don't know why I have a illness of having new fleet haha! Do you mind buying il-96-300 to replace B747-400...

This is my plan haha I buy Il-96-300 to replace flight of B744 then those empty B744 go and replace the older B747 then buy another maybe airbus kind of that can replace il-96-300 

Since Canada is not like China/US there are not much expansion so I am free then I go replace flight 

TanWeiMing35_

TanWeiMing35_

AE Know It All

• 150 posts

I don't know why you all don't like replacing new fleet WHY? 

TanWeiMing35_

TanWeiMing35_

AE Know It All

• 150 posts

I don't know why you all don't like replacing new fleet WHY? 

Sorry to add on, I have a lot of question to ask :P

Is there any airplane that have the same distance/max of A330 family

I believe A330-300 has the same of B777-200

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

I don't know why I have a illness of having new fleet haha! Do you mind buying il-96-300 to replace B747-400...

This is my plan haha I buy Il-96-300 to replace flight of B744 then those empty B744 go and replace the older B747 then buy another maybe airbus kind of that can replace il-96-300 

Since Canada is not like China/US there are not much expansion so I am free then I go replace flight 

Don't touch IL-96s. Ever. 

Sorry to add on, I have a lot of question to ask :P

Is there any airplane that have the same distance/max of A330 family

I believe A330-300 has the same of B777-200

Well 767-300ER or the 777s will do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users