• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

Even with the airline limits right now, quite a few people have been found to have multiple accounts used to evade that limit. Some others resort to using shared control and using others' unused slots as surrogates for their own airlines. Multi-accounting would happen on a much larger scale if we increase the incentive for multi-accounting (for example, having direct airline-to-airline aircraft sales and trying to avoid abuse by prohibiting sales between airlines under the same account). Even if we had a full-time staff dedicated to tracking down duplicate accounts, many cases are hard to prove. Thus, instead of reducing abuse, we would only push it underground where it's more difficult and time-consuming to police.

I'd be willing to implement airline-to-airline sales only if we can make it such that it won't be used to evade delivery slot limits on a large scale as players did in the past (and not just with their own airlines, either). If the demand model is revised in AE 4 such that airlines don't want to get their hands on any aircraft available as soon as possible, then this could work. However it's a no go as long as it provides a strong incentive for multi-accounting.

But multi accounting is always a problem no matter what happens isn't it?

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

But multi accounting is always a problem no matter what happens isn't it?

A small number of violations is inevitable, but with these changes it would be much more rampant.

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Spamlines will be spamlines. If you double delivery, they will build terminals in massive cities and spam even more. Besides, most spammers only have 1 airline to focus on, unlike me. (I have 6).

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

Spamlines will be spamlines. If you double delivery, they will build terminals in massive cities and spam even more. Besides, most spammers only have 1 airline to focus on, unlike me. (I have 6).

Shh :P But that's the issue I suppose

sound_guy0918

sound_guy0918

AE Know It All

• 163 posts

I like the used market as it is.  Basically it's an auction now.  You had better keep a close watch for in-demand A/C and you had better overspend to get the planes you want...even before you need them.

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

I agree with you, Sound Guy. But, when I start from the start I always order brand new aircraft the whole way through. Of course, even 6 aircraft per day is too much for me so I prefer to know how many aircraft I will need to route tomorrow. Anyway, people are on more often usually on weekends, therefore people could pump up delivery rates on Fridays.

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

I agree with you, Sound Guy. But, when I start from the start I always order brand new aircraft the whole way through. Of course, even 6 aircraft per day is too much for me so I prefer to know how many aircraft I will need to route tomorrow. Anyway, people are on more often usually on weekends, therefore people could pump up delivery rates on Fridays.

I usually slam with deliveries at the start and then pick out the most efficient model for each section of milage. Then, I order more of those models and let all order orders run dry. I may have a huge backlog of idle planes but because they are now coming in at a slow rate I can slowly work through it

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

I usually slam with deliveries at the start and then pick out the most efficient model for each section of milage. Then, I order more of those models and let all order orders run dry. I may have a huge backlog of idle planes but because they are now coming in at a slow rate I can slowly work through it

Exactly. But do you do that for all airlines? You have a good amount of spam lines.

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

Exactly. But do you do that for all airlines? You have a good amount of spam lines.

I do that for all spamlines

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

I do that for all spamlines

XD :P Remember I did co-own a spamline with you last year!

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

XD :P Remember I did co-own a spamline with you last year!

That one was top of the ranks for most of the round D: and it was top of the reputation but got knocked to second on the last day >_>

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

Shouldn't you just have upped advertising? That's what I did when I was 11th or 12th in Rep.

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

Shouldn't you just have upped advertising? That's what I did when I was 11th or 12th in Rep.

I did. I just couldn't get above 96 due to old fleet etc.

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

I did. I just couldn't get above 96 due to old fleet etc.

XD Sounds bad for you.

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

XD Sounds bad for you.

Well it was in first place on reputation but simply was knocked into second on the last day.  I upped advertising to get into that position anyway D:

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

Well it was in first place on reputation but simply was knocked into second on the last day.  I upped advertising to get into that position anyway D:

I used very low levels of advertising. Max profits.

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

I used very low levels of advertising. Max profits.

Well no matter how much money I lost I was guaranteed a bronze trophy. I wasn't going to catch third and 11th place wasn't going to push me out.
I'm starting to get worried that Yuxi'll give us warns for going off topic :/

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

Well no matter how much money I lost I was guaranteed a bronze trophy. I wasn't going to catch third and 11th place wasn't going to push me out.
I'm starting to get worried that Yuxi'll give us warns for going off topic :/

OK. I am against this idea for reasons I have explained.

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

OK. I am against this idea for reasons I have explained.

Same. If there is a change going to be made, I think selling slots between airlines would be far better. That gives people options: option to buy and option to sell

jetblue21

jetblue21

AE Know It All

• 119 posts

Same. If there is a change going to be made, I think selling slots between airlines would be far better. That gives people options: option to buy and option to sell

i agree with selling slots too :dance:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users