Rush delivery

* * - - - 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

jetblue21

jetblue21

AE Know It All

• 119 posts

Going to have to say this is a disaster waiting to happen. It will make starting more than 10 years or so into the world nearly impossible.

what are you talking about? this is meant for small airlines big airlines would already have enough pending delivers.......if they rush and get the planes they will have like 100 planes waiting to be set up to a route and then they will loose money because they have to pay for the plane while they are parked.....

Brando

Brando

• 499 posts

Then why not do this is a small world? You can make new world just for trying it out... I do not believe it would hurt to try new things? you never know it could be hit or miss.....but no need to lecture you i would think you have done test worlds before and if they were good you kept it and if not you took it away. No harm done

This would probably make it even worse because in small worlds like this we've seen how magnificently large airlines get due to the dialed back competition. there is a third the airlines (sometimes five times less even) airlines now add in the fact an airline can pay to keep its little bit of competition from expanding. the result? one airline that will get a monopoly (imagine this airline in a open world scenario XD ) and quickly ruin the world  

jetblue21

jetblue21

AE Know It All

• 119 posts

This would probably make it even worse because in small worlds like this we've seen how magnificently large airlines get due to the dialed back competition. there is a third the airlines (sometimes five times less even) airlines now add in the fact an airline can pay to keep its little bit of competition from expanding. the result? one airline that will get a monopoly (imagine this airline in a open world scenario XD ) and quickly ruin the world  

you guys are not getting it...its very hard for large airline to abuse this because they are soo big with many delivers coming in each day that it will get out of control and they will end up loosing money because they will have parked planes.... but if small airlines use it alot it is good because it accelerates the time to takes them to get up there

Superman

Superman

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,507 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

I didnt feel like reading thru the thread but how about you pay extra money for the plane to come 2 days earlier?

Edit: eh, I agree with yuxi, nvm

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

big airlines have enough delivers every day but small ones dont so they will use it to speed up delivers

An auction system inherently makes aircraft available only to the highest bidders. There is no way a small airline will be able to outbid a large airline with many billions in its war chest. Thus, the extra delivery slots will be won by large airlines.

Put another way, auctioning extra delivery slots as you proposed is the opposite of helping small airlines, because the large airlines they compete with will be able to buy even more planes while small airlines won't. If you then compare relative fleet sizes and growth, this would tilt the playing field even further in favor of large airlines.

Conceptually, it would be an interesting economics experiment to determine the true value of various aircraft in AE: start everyone with $5 million cash, make them bid for aircraft from the beginning, and see where the aircraft prices end up. :brucelee: Now I'm actually tempted to do this... :shifty:

sound_guy0918

sound_guy0918

AE Know It All

• 163 posts

I don't get it.  Sim PAX don't care how old the plane is if you build your airline on open routes.  Even on full routes, it's not a significant factor.  So buy or lease used planes, fly against zero competition, and start making money.  What's the problem?

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*
  • Guests

you know i just think this is funny because you guys want us to throw out ideas and every time someone does you guys just shut them down. Every single time....... there hasn't been 1 idea that i have seen were everyone liked it. So maybe you guys are the reason why AE4 is taking forever because you cant make up your mind to add something or not........you guys are like a pack of wolfs that just say no!.........but like i said it never hurts to try a idea and if its not that great then take it away at least you tried.

Umm the reason AE4 isn't out is because it takes a while to make it with all of the features already being added as requested by other members so therefore I highly don't believe were the reason AE4 isn't out yet

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

you know i just think this is funny because you guys want us to throw out ideas and every time someone does you guys just shut them down. Every single time....... there hasn't been 1 idea that i have seen were everyone liked it. So maybe you guys are the reason why AE4 is taking forever because you cant make up your mind to add something or not........you guys are like a pack of wolfs that just say no!.........but like i said it never hurts to try a idea and if its not that great then take it away at least you tried.

Person with the idea posts, and then the rest of the people say whether they are for it or against. Many ideas are completely stupid and some, while someway sensible, only make the situation of easy expansion worse (like this one) so what's your point :P ? And the reason AE4 isn't out is not because of people saying no to ideas - it's partly (not fully) due to people posting more ideas

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Okay............but just to let you know what isn't going to help a big airline grow faster? Everyone gets a fair chance be be a big airline so why not help big airlines get bigger because everyone benefits.  

Because I benefit every time when an airline with 4,000 Cl-44s charges half the price with double the capacity. :facepalm: Anyway, realistic delivery times will hinder and spam routes.

you know i just think this is funny because you guys want us to throw out ideas and every time someone does you guys just shut them down. Every single time....... there hasn't been 1 idea that i have seen were everyone liked it. So maybe you guys are the reason why AE4 is taking forever because you cant make up your mind to add something or not........you guys are like a pack of wolfs that just say no!.........

:giggle: I am going to just quote some things I have recently said:

I support it.

I like it, but would it not take just as long to program this for 1 world as all worlds? One the coding is done it's done. Someone who knows more about computer can tell me if I am wrong.

Yay! Can't wait for the Citation to be spammed LHR - JFK :). (You might think this is sarcasm but I actually can't wait).

I'm not sure if anyone has suggested it already, if not: FINALLY, A NEW SUGGESTION! I would be in favour of it anyway.

I like the idea, but would there be interest or other benefits involved?

jetblue21

jetblue21

AE Know It All

• 119 posts

I can't speak for others, but when I get bored of the game, it's usually because I'm swamped with 30+ aircraft deliveries every day. Over time, assigning them to routes becomes a daily chore, and if I miss a few days, they pile up and I end up with hundreds of idle aircraft. How does speeding up delivery help with that? :P

Going to have to say this is a disaster waiting to happen. It will make starting more than 10 years or so into the world nearly impossible.

Brando what are you talking about?!?! This is meant to help small airlines get bigger faster...like Yuxi said he get like 30+ aircraft a day so big airlines would not want to use this....small airlines/the ones that start 10 years into the game will benefit.....they will get big faster....

mxax-ai

mxax-ai

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 585 posts

User's Awards

3    3      

Either way Jetblue, this would just make spam carriers even worse. PLUS, AE is sort of suppose to be semi-realistic. It is not realistic to speed up delivery, in fact, I believe that maybe we should SLOW DOWN delivery. That would make the game more interesting, and realistic.

Well, it does happen that delivery slots are swapped or sold. What this would need, otoh, is a delivery system with actual backlogs.
And I agree with jetblue: Time is limited, so a spamline can only route so many aircraft, but a smaller one can grow faster due to it only getting a couple of extra aircraft.

grimsleeper

grimsleeper

AE Player

• 44 posts

User's Awards

Time is limited, so a spamline can only route so many aircraft, but a smaller one can grow faster due to it only getting a couple of extra aircraft.

Sure, a small airline can double its profits faster than a spamline, but the spamline already makes 1000 times as much as the small airline.

In real life, airlines also don't hold onto planes like Scrooge McDuck to keep smaller airlines from buying them.

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

Sure, a small airline can double its profits faster than a spamline, but the spamline already makes 1000 times as much as the small airline.

In real life, airlines also don't hold onto planes like Scrooge McDuck to keep smaller airlines from buying them.

true

Superman

Superman

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,507 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

Small airlines can use the used market to expand? duh

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

Small airlines can use the used market to expand? duh

the main time that this would be used is at the start to speed up early expansion and this is the only time with the empty used market

iquit

iquit

AE Luver

• 296 posts

User's Awards

6       3    7   

Another inherent problem with any kind of bidding system is it gives advantage to whoever stays online during auction closing time to place last minute bid.

So again, those who have lots of time and never ending will to do something repetitive win.

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

Another inherent problem with any kind of bidding system is it gives advantage to whoever stays online during auction closing time to place last minute bid.
So again, those who have lots of time and never ending will to do something repetitive win.

It would be interesting but it does have problems as you outlined. what about the facility to sell slots to other airlines of your own free will? (This is definitely for AE4 I suppose)

iquit

iquit

AE Luver

• 296 posts

User's Awards

6       3    7   

It would be interesting but it does have problems as you outlined. what about the facility to sell slots to other airlines of your own free will? (This is definitely for AE4 I suppose)

Another important aspect of game design is to discourage multiple accounts by the same player.

I.e. a player can't gain an advantage by creating sub-accounts and sell anything to his main account below market price.

In an ideal world everybody would abide by the rules, but then ...

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

Another important aspect of game design is to discourage multiple accounts by the same player.
I.e. a player can't gain an advantage by creating sub-accounts and sell anything to his main account below market price.
In an ideal world everybody would abide by the rules, but then ...

Multi accounters are usually picked out fairly fast and while aircraft buying and selling between airlines will be (I think) there for AE4 you can only sell a small percent below market price.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

Multi accounters are usually picked out fairly fast

Even with the airline limits right now, quite a few people have been found to have multiple accounts used to evade that limit. Some others resort to using shared control and using others' unused slots as surrogates for their own airlines. Multi-accounting would happen on a much larger scale if we increase the incentive for multi-accounting (for example, having direct airline-to-airline aircraft sales and trying to avoid abuse by prohibiting sales between airlines under the same account). Even if we had a full-time staff dedicated to tracking down duplicate accounts, many cases are hard to prove. Thus, instead of reducing abuse, we would only push it underground where it's more difficult and time-consuming to police.

I'd be willing to implement airline-to-airline sales only if we can make it such that it won't be used to evade delivery slot limits on a large scale as players did in the past (and not just with their own airlines, either). If the demand model is revised in AE 4 such that airlines don't want to get their hands on any aircraft available as soon as possible, then this could work. However it's a no go as long as it provides a strong incentive for multi-accounting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users