Rush delivery

* * - - - 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

jetblue21

jetblue21

AE Know It All

• 119 posts

A cool feature would to have an option to rush your delivery or if your pre-ordering you and bump your spot up so you can get your plane first....you will have to pay a certain amount of money.....if theirs more than 1 person that wants there planes to be rushed then they have to compete to get the top spot...who ever pays more...in other words you can also be bumped down too if you do not pay...for people who dont care and just want to buy the plane there delivery stats wont changed.....cant be bumped up or down... just throwing out ideas

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts

So what you're saying is that I could pretty much bump my 757 deliveries from 1983 to 1981 if I wanted too?

But whichever way you put it, the idea seems pretty nope. 

jetblue21

jetblue21

AE Know It All

• 119 posts

So what you're saying is that I could pretty much bump my 757 deliveries from 1983 to 1981 if I wanted too?

But whichever way you put it, the idea seems pretty nope. 

no the plane has to come out first then you can be the first one to get it...........when you pre-order a plane there is a list of delivery dates what im saying is instead of waiting every 2 weeks to get a plane you wait 1 week or less.....(if you ordered more than 1)

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
Considering how delivery rates are the main limiting factor in airline expansion in AE, auctioning off delivery slots would give an even bigger advantage to larger airlines than they have now and accelerate their exponential growth.

jetblue21

jetblue21

AE Know It All

• 119 posts

Considering how delivery rates are the main limiting factor in airline expansion in AE, auctioning off delivery slots would give an even bigger advantage to larger airlines than they have now.

But isn't that what Boeing and Airbus do in the real world? This feature would just make the game more real and also be another feature for those people that keep complaining that AE is not that realor they say that they want more stuff to do........Airbus and Boeing manufacture the planes and give it to the major airlines first.....or they give it to the airlines that ordered more at a quicker rate?

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts

But isn't that what boeing and airbus do? They build the planes and give it to the major airlines first.....or they give it to the airlines that ordered more at a quicker rate?

I think you are given delivery slots for aircraft, on a first come, first serve basis. However, airlines do swap these and how much money exchanged hands does affect the slots given to you.

jetblue21

jetblue21

AE Know It All

• 119 posts

I think you are given delivery slots for aircraft, on a first come, first serve basis. However, airlines do swap these and how much money exchanged hands does affect the slots given to you.

Some people just want there planes first....the quicker you get them the quicker you get paid :burglar:

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

Some people just want there planes first....the quicker you get them the quicker you get paid :burglar:

Aircraft production lines have limited capacity. The backlogs for 737s and A320s are years long not because Boeing and Airbus don't want to make money faster. Once a delivery slot is assigned to a customer, another airline can't just offer to buy that slot and say "screw the other customer." Deferrals and cancellations do happen from time to time, but that's a voluntary change by the customer and not the result of another customer bidding to take over another customer's scheduled delivery.

Your suggestion of auctioning off delivery slots would make for an interesting economics experiment but would also exacerbate the AE's biggest problem (runaway exponential growth).

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*
  • Guests

Just another way for mega spamlines to become mega mega spamlines which is a very bad thing

jetblue21

jetblue21

AE Know It All

• 119 posts

Aircraft production lines have limited capacity. The backlogs for 737s and A320s are years long not because Boeing and Airbus don't want to make money faster. Once a delivery slot is assigned to a customer, another airline can't just offer to buy that slot and say "screw the other customer." Deferrals and cancellations do happen from time to time, but that's a voluntary change by the customer and not the result of another customer bidding to take over another customer's scheduled delivery.

Your suggestion of auctioning off delivery slots would make for an interesting economics experiment but would also exacerbate the AE's biggest problem (runaway exponential The

Then why not do this is a small world? You can make new world just for trying it out... I do not believe it would hurt to try new things? you never know it could be hit or miss.....but no need to lecture you i would think you have done test worlds before and if they were good you kept it and if not you took it away. No harm done

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Just another way for mega spamlines to become mega mega spamlines which is a very bad thing

:yes: :highfive: I am completely against it.

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*
  • Guests

:yes: :highfive: I am completely against it.

Highfive XD

jetblue21

jetblue21

AE Know It All

• 119 posts

:yes: :high5: I am completely against it.

you know i just think this is funny because you guys want us to throw out ideas and every time someone does you guys just shut them down. Every single time....... there hasn't been 1 idea that i have seen were everyone liked it. So maybe you guys are the reason why AE4 is taking forever because you cant make up your mind to add something or not........you guys are like a pack of wolfs that just say no!.........but like i said it never hurts to try a idea and if its not that great then take it away at least you tried.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

You can make new world just for trying it out... I do not believe it would hurt to try new things? you never know it could be hit or miss...

Even if I expect a delivery slot auction system to be beneficial (which I don't), it would take significant effort to reimplement the aircraft delivery system to "try it out." AE 4 will be a completely new codebase and redesigned from the ground up, and I will not invest a lot of effort into changing/adding features to the current AE only for it to be retired once AE 4 is completed.

As I mentioned earlier, speeding up aircraft delivery would allow large airlines to grow even faster, which would worsen the economic imbalance in the game.

there hasn't been 1 idea that i have seen were everyone liked it.

Trying to make everyone happy is a good way to end up with a product that makes no one happy. No matter what position you take, there will be people for it and against it. Pointing out problems and concerns constructively is a good thing. Posts that only say "____ is good" or "____ sucks" without providing any reasoning usually get ignored when I read through suggestion threads. :P

jetblue21

jetblue21

AE Know It All

• 119 posts

Even if I expect a delivery slot auction system to be beneficial (which I don't), it would take significant effort to reimplement the aircraft delivery system to "try it out." AE 4 will be a completely new codebase and redesigned from the ground up, and I will not invest a lot of effort into changing/adding features to the current AE only for it to be retired once AE 4 is completed.

As I mentioned earlier, speeding up aircraft delivery would allow large airlines to grow even faster, which would worsen the economic imbalance in the game.

Okay............but just to let you know what isn't going to help a big airline grow faster? They are un-stopable almost....every feature will help the big airline grow faster.......and you are only a little airline for like 2 weeks real time if you play the game.......so what if a big airline grows faster? This is the reason why some people are board of this game.....its the same thing every world. Everyone gets a fair chance be be a big airline so why not help big airlines get bigger because everyone benefits.  

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

so what if a big airline grows faster? This is the reason why some people are board of this game.....

I can't speak for others, but when I get bored of the game, it's usually because I'm swamped with 30+ aircraft deliveries every day. Over time, assigning them to routes becomes a daily chore, and if I miss a few days, they pile up and I end up with hundreds of idle aircraft. How does speeding up delivery help with that? :P

jetblue21

jetblue21

AE Know It All

• 119 posts

I can't speak for others, but when I get bored of the game, it's usually because I'm swamped with 30+ aircraft deliveries every day. Over time, assigning them to routes becomes a daily chore, and if I miss a few days, they pile up and I end up with hundreds of idle aircraft. How does speeding up delivery help with that? :P

thats why this is good for small airline :D do you see what im trying to say now? big airlines have enough delivers every day but small ones dont so they will use it to speed up delivers.....i dont really see how people could abuse this unless they can stop time just to set up the routes.......you just clarified my point! :lol:​ 

n.x.w.m

n.x.w.m

taiwanball

• Data Collector
  • 2,061 posts

Either way Jetblue, this would just make spam carriers even worse. PLUS, AE is sort of suppose to be semi-realistic. It is not realistic to speed up delivery, in fact, I believe that maybe we should SLOW DOWN delivery. That would make the game more interesting, and realistic.

cUDPatH.jpg

Brando

Brando

• 499 posts

Going to have to say this is a disaster waiting to happen. It will make starting more than 10 years or so into the world nearly impossible.

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

We should just shut down AE forever. That would solve the issue of spamlines ^_^ 

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users