Photo

VirtuTrains UK Roleplay Concept Voting 1

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: What ideas/concepts do you agree/disagree with. (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the Railways have defined sectors (or zones) for each company? (Eg: http://goo.gl/FOnG80)

1. Voted Yes - I want zone limits on companies. (15 votes [60.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. No - We want a free-for ALL! (10 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

Should we impose the heavy restrictions on train gauge in the UK? (http://goo.gl/KOuM87)

1. Yes - We should restrict everything, meaning we can only use trains built or being built specifcally for the UK market. (5 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. No - We should not get that detailed and assume UK was build to a unlimited loading gauge allowing me to spam trains from any country in the world! (5 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. Voted Somewhat - We should allow trains from all across Europe only. (15 votes [60.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

Should we have pre-set fleets?

1. Voted Yes - We should be given a selection of trains to start with free. (11 votes [44.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.00%

2. No - I want a lump of money to buy the trains I want with. (14 votes [56.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.00%

How should we assume the time taken between two stations?

1. Maximum Speed of Train (4 votes [16.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.00%

2. Voted Maximum Average Track Speed (9 votes [36.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.00%

3. Accurate Speeds (12 votes [48.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.00%

How detailed should timetables be?

1. Just the Start/End time of the total journey. (Easy) (6 votes [24.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.00%

2. Voted Times at all the places the train stops at. (Medium/Hard for local lines) (18 votes [72.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.00%

3. Times throught the journey at places the train does or does not stop at. (Hard) (1 votes [4.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Tintinfan

Tintinfan

AE's No.1 Trainfan!

• AE Moderator / Data Collector
  • 1,249 posts

Greetings,

After a rather fast-paced discussion on the wonderful chat of Airline Empires - it appeared that there is still a significant, if not slightly increased fanbase for the concept of people roleplaying the operation of a railway company. With this, I am going to try and finish making what I started years back, but I would rather like to discuss various concepts first and see what appeals most without going into the details of the 'how' this will work just yet. If you like, it's simply setting up a scenario. In the poll above I'd like if you responded to the various ideas. If you have any yourself, please post them below!

Now, VOTE. :hmmph:

Thanks,

-Tintinfan.

AE Moderator | Globe Alliance Admin | AE's No.1 Railway Enthusiast

675143919b.jpg

Northern

Northern

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,623 posts

User's Awards

2    2    4   

I really do like the idea i think a good thing to have in would be fluctuating demand at each station so you have to have varying services and depending, also i really do like the idea of being able to manage a real world track like the Metro system, with realistic stations and distances, i'm not too sure how layout and etc would work though :P

banner_signature_northern.png

n.x.w.m

n.x.w.m

taiwanball

• Data Collector
  • 2,061 posts

#ottd :P

cUDPatH.jpg

Tintinfan

Tintinfan

AE's No.1 Trainfan!

• AE Moderator / Data Collector
  • 1,249 posts

I really do like the idea i think a good thing to have in would be fluctuating demand at each station so you have to have varying services and depending, also i really do like the idea of being able to manage a real world track like the Metro system, with realistic stations and distances, i'm not too sure how layout and etc would work though :P

To make demand simple - I'm thinking of doing something like taking yearly passenger demand that you can find on pretty much every station in UK on wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia....railway_station for example - on the right, for example) and doing some math with it to work out the passengers and ultimately the profits! ^_^

#ottd :P

#yourpoint? ;)

AE Moderator | Globe Alliance Admin | AE's No.1 Railway Enthusiast

675143919b.jpg

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

As a note, I was unhappy with my response to the gauge thing.

I would prefer it so we could use anything from the UK, and anything of lesser gauge.

I want muh silver ferns.

As for zones, I think we should have a base area of operations, however if I want to run a train that goes outside my area I should, possibly with the restriction it must travel through (or start/end at) the base area of operations.

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

Northern

Northern

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,623 posts

User's Awards

2    2    4   

I believe Tinny is working on this as an independent game :P

banner_signature_northern.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic