Political Restrictions

R0

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Paula Deen

Paula Deen

Marriage = Man + Woman

• 102 posts

If you purchase a hub in a foreign country, are the no restrictions from the hub to any airport in the world? if it isn't, is there any way to secure a deal with a country to allow an airline in one country, but have a lot of operations in a different country?

Thanks, 

Potato  :)

1383382_10201783443881147_2045039806_n.j Signature Dedicated to Havoc,

mxax-ai

mxax-ai

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 585 posts

User's Awards

3    3      
No, in some cases a hub in a different country is restricted where you can fly to. For example a hub under EU open skies can only fly to other european airports.
No, you cannot negotiate restrcitions for only your airline. :P

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      
In R and S worlds (aside from S3-B) you can't open a hub in another country. There are exceptions including the EU and the likes but there AE very few of those exceptions

TravellingSalesman

TravellingSalesman

AE Addict To-Be

• 10 posts

There are exceptions including the EU and the likes but there AE very few of those exceptions

(bolding mine). Are there any other exceptions apart from EU after 2000? I couldn't find any in the wiki...

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      
I think there are a couple more. Australia/New Zealand I think is another one

TravellingSalesman

TravellingSalesman

AE Addict To-Be

• 10 posts

Thanks. So I can fly any domestic route in both countries if I'm based in either Australia or New Zealand?

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

Thanks. So I can fly any domestic route in both countries if I'm based in either Australia or New Zealand?

Yes I think so (I've never had an airline in either country in recent times but I've seen people say this)

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

Yep, if you're based in Australia, you can operate domestic routes within New Zealand and v.v. but not international routes. The Openskies takes immediate effect i'm pretty sure.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: R0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users