AE BULLYING AWARENESS

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

USA

USA

Pilot of Southwest Airlines

• 159 posts

As USA or SMS22 I've been bullied in chat so bad I left AE for a week and I've have a group of my haters. So on the bright side, I'm starting a campaign to END bullying on AE in chat and Forum. I. Looking for Mods and staff to help, reply to this with your stories problems with others

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

wat

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

Well, i've been bullied pretty much everyday, but i don't rage, I stand taller then the low lifes that bully others

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

To say "We should ban bullying!" is like saying "We should ban tax evasion!" or "We should ban spamming!" 

The Best Discord Server

lvan

lvan

AE Addict

• 864 posts

Uhm, why are you banning something that is already against the rules? Also, if they do it anyways, sometimes you gotta step back and think "Are they really bullying for one, or am I just over reacting?" first. You should also think about what you might have done to annoy them or instigate it. If they are clearly breaking Rule 1, then just report them and step out. If mods feel that they did truly break the rules, they will get consequences. If they are still bothering you, the smartest choice is to leave. This is the internet, and people will be idiots, so don't let that get to you.

On the other hand, what if you are being really annoying to them? Think about your own actions first.

But yeah, this campaign is pretty over the top and redundant.

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

Crap like this topic should be considered bullying. I come here thinking it was for a serious cause that should be discussed but like most this is just someone over reacting. :/

Signature%203.png

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

:facepalm:  You do release this is a pointless thread? right?

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

well, perhaps this could be changed to raise awareness about it.  I take a lot (not much now) and mods do nothing about it (never was anyone even warned or even commented on) even though it's in the rules so even raising the Moderator's awareness and cop-on I think would be successful

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

While it would be nice, this is an online forum. The mods try their best but it is impossible to 'ban' bullying, you can only try your best to prevent it. 

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

I completely agree, this could raise awareness. But as was pointed out above, Just click the 'Report' button. To my experience, I haven't seen any bullying on chat, but if I did I would private chat the victim and the 'bully'. I have seen some unfriendly stuff though.

USA

USA

• 159 posts

While it would be nice, this is an online forum. The mods try their best but it is impossible to 'ban' bullying, you can only try your best to prevent it.

I completely agree, this could raise awareness. But as was pointed out above, Just click the 'Report' button. To my experience, I haven't seen any bullying on chat, but if I did I would private chat the victim and the 'bully'. I have seen some unfriendly stuff though.

That is the entire goal here

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

I understand that and I suppose this will raise awareness to those member who are unaware and people need to know they can just click 'report' and the mods will 'sort' things out but it will certainly take time before bullying starts to die down due to some members of the forums however I do think something good will come out of this.

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

Hydrogeek

Hydrogeek

• AE Moderator
  • 235 posts

Bullying is flat out against the rules and needs to be dealt with. If you get bullied, you need to raise the issue with a staff member, providing evidence of the bullying incident.

If a staff member is not in chat to deal with it, the report function is there for a reason. If there is a staff member in chat, prichat them and report it. Each person individually may have a slightly different interpretation of what constitutes bullying, but instead of hashing it out in public, report it and it will be dealt with.

Also, the argument of "it's the internet, deal with it" has landed multiple people, both adults and children, in jail in the US after the victim took bullying to heart - it is a totally invalid argument to use the excuse that bullying online is just going to happen and thereby leave it be.

SkyGroup Admin

[/size]

AE Global Moderator

our beautiful little girl Brooke Renée was born 10/15/12 @ 4:49 PM! She's currently over 17 38 pounds and counting and 4 years old!  :wub:

USA

USA

• 159 posts
THIS IS A TOTALLY VAILD TOPIC
MILLIONS OF PEOPLE DIE BECAUSE OF BULLYING

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

This is an invalid arguement because I get much worse then you do, and all people do is go :P and XD so your arguement is invalid

So really, you need to suck it up. Becuase making stupid threads like this just gives the bullys more things to harass you about

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

THIS IS A TOTALLY VAILD TOPIC
MILLIONS OF PEOPLE DIE BECAUSE OF BULLYING

Source please

The Best Discord Server

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

May I suggest a locking on this thread?

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

Hydrogeek

Hydrogeek

• AE Moderator
  • 235 posts

This topic is being locked as it is being used for spam purposes and to incite more issues.

SkyGroup Admin

[/size]

AE Global Moderator

our beautiful little girl Brooke Renée was born 10/15/12 @ 4:49 PM! She's currently over 17 38 pounds and counting and 4 years old!  :wub:

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

Attached File  Capture2.PNG   220.53KB   0 downloads

People die because they get bullied on sites like AE? Umm their are thousands of sites like AE shouldn't they seek a new one if they do not fit in? :P

Edit- And how can the "bullying" on Ae that is not severe enough for a Mod be enough to validate his statement?

Signature%203.png

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

wot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users