Route reputation increse IF we use some aircraft

- - - - - AE 4.0

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

mrinalverma74

mrinalverma74

Airbus lover boeing fan

• 71 posts

Well. wont be it cool if we can increse our route reputation by some points if we use Iconic aircrafts such as 747 in 1970s or a380 & 787 today. :hi:  :superman:

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

I support this idea.

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

gvgch

gvgch

Someone on AE

• 202 posts

I don't want to support this idea due to the fact that people will just keep buying those aircraft basically ignore all the other aircraft for routes. You would probably see like 100 747s easily in airlines.

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

I don't want to support this idea due to the fact that people will just keep buying those aircraft basically ignore all the other aircraft for routes. You would probably see like 100 747s easily in airlines.

I don't know any 'iconic' 20 seater planes, that would really damage some routes that I have. I agree with gvgch on this one.

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

I think it would be hard to quantify "iconic-ness" of a certain aircraft without having historic opinion polls, advertisement investment and return and similar hard data... We can say, sure, 747 was one of the coolest aircraft of that time and in history of aviation in general, but who can say for sure if (and how much) a new DC-10 was less attractive, or that Il-62 wasn't more cool than 747 for the eastern bloc, or how many pax would just say '747 is too big to fly, I'm scared'?

mrinalverma74

mrinalverma74

Airbus lover boeing fan

• 71 posts

Then we can just make some rules eg. maximum 40 747 per airline

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

Then we can just make some rules eg. maximum 40 747 per airline

You can't do that, that encourages spamlines. 40 747s in every type: -100s, -200Bs, -200Cs, -300s, -400s, -800s. Moving on now to Airbus...

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

Why not just simulate the two key ages; The Jet Age, and the Widebody age.

Methinks we are now entering a 'low cost' age.

Which would probably be fairly easy to simulate.

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

I don't see any special hype happening around widebodies, most people don't have a clue what does "widebody" or "narrowbody" mean and wouldn't have any idea how to distinguish a 727 from L-1011 or A320 from 767.

The comfort in the widebody aircraft is mostly achieved by putting fewer seats because they are used on longer routes, but an airline can choose to fill them either way, it doesn't come from the size of the aircraft itself, especially earlier when using them on short routes was more common, most DC-10-10s have way more seats then long-haul versions... The concept of "legroom" is already present in the game, although it seems to be faulty, but I guess that will be fixed.

Anyway, the first jets, and later 747 and A380 were big investments, they were big risks and so they needed big promotion campaigns from both manufacturers and airlines, but when the dust settles after a few years in operation, I wouldn't overrate their long-term effects on reputation, apart from increasing capacity, and new aircraft increase reputation already, and the player will profit from that anyway...

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

Yeah, exactly, airlines made a hell of an effort, it was not the aircraft that raised their own reputation only by being around. :)

And how to count if the effort in advertising was matched with realistic reputation and profits rise IRL, and why would airlines in AE get a boost in reputation without additional effort? And how much did it have to do with planes themselves, and how much should it have here? An airline in AE can't even make a single targeted advertisement campaign connected, maybe that would be a good idea, but why would it be connected only to these planes?

That's why I say, millions spent in advertising and public curiosity surrounding those planes can't be counted as inherent "reputation" quality of an aircraft... That's why I don't think there's a point in the entire aircraft-reputation system proposal.

Larger size means more profit and more options for a comfortable plane, more legroom brings better reputation, as well as do new planes. Going further than this is all weird and, as I said, there's no clear way how to quantify it...

But I would be in favour in having more imaginative advertisement than only % being invested to x or y...

mxax-ai

mxax-ai

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 585 posts

User's Awards

3    3      

I don't see any special hype happening around widebodies, most people don't have a clue what does "widebody" or "narrowbody" mean and wouldn't have any idea how to distinguish a 727 from L-1011 or A320 from 767.
Anyway, the first jets, and later 747 and A380 were big investments, they were big risks and so they needed big promotion campaigns from both manufacturers and airlines, but when the dust settles after a few years in operation, I wouldn't overrate their long-term effects on reputation, apart from increasing capacity, and new aircraft increase reputation already, and the player will profit from that anyway...

Actually, airlines are still (6 years after first A380 in service) reporting increased demand for the A380 route compared to other aircraft types (e. g. when upgauging from 747 to A380 or when swapping due to seasonal demand change)

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,363 posts

Actually, airlines are still (6 years after first A380 in service) reporting increased demand for the A380 route compared to other aircraft types (e. g. when upgauging from 747 to A380 or when swapping due to seasonal demand change)

How much of that traffic increase is coming from the fact that it's an A380? Seems to me airlines are simply putting the A380 on higher-demand flights (which is its purpose in the first place).

mrinalverma74

mrinalverma74

Airbus lover boeing fan

• 71 posts

Emirates have got a380 on some routes with 777. they say that there a380 are booked about 4 months before flight(most seats not all)and there 777 are for late bookings they also say that there demand has incresed on route with a380.

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

Not anymore, but when widebodies were new, airlines seem to have made a hell of an effort to go "Look at our DC-10!/L1011!/747!" :P

Didn't Thomson have an ad campaign when they got in their Boeing 787s? I think they stopped them when 'BatteryGate' emerged.

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

Thinking over it today, Widebodies may "inherently" build their own age since they're economically better than the narrowbodies of the time, but a "Jet Age" to encourage the retirement of CL-44s, etc, certainly is more viable in my opinion. :P

I'm tired and probably left too much detail out of this post but whatever lol/

I agree

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AE 4.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users