Aircraft Crash

* * * * - 3 votes AE 4.0

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

mrinalverma74

mrinalverma74

Airbus lover boeing fan

• 71 posts

Shoudnt aircraft crashes occur in AE. Well the crashes should not be due to pilot error or bird strike but due to poor maintenance done by the airline, crahes should reduce airline's reputation significantly

Alebin

Alebin

AE Player

• 25 posts

Well, first you might introduce a new maintenance System, because right now, everyone has to pay the same amount of Money for maintenance, so there are no Airlines with poor maintenance.

Northern

Northern

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,623 posts

User's Awards

2    2    4   

This has been rejected many times before due to the unpredictable nature of the programming which will inevitably lead to airline A having a crash a day and airline B having no crashes at all throughout the game :P

banner_signature_northern.png

mrinalverma74

mrinalverma74

Airbus lover boeing fan

• 71 posts

It will depend on the airline what type of maintenance they want cheap will lead to crash and expencive one will keep the aircraft in good health we must also include C-checks. new airplane will have less chance of crash but old have a fat big chance ;)

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

new airplane will have less chance of crash but old have a fat big chance ;)

You have no idea what kind of fury you've just invited to your doorstep with that comment. :popcorn:

Anyway I haven't decided what kind of incidents and accidents will be in AE 4 yet, but the aim will not be random crashes for the sake of having crashes. :P

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      
I think it would just be super-frustrating and not very realistic most of the time, I don't see a good way to do it...

Crashes would have to be about much more then just about maintenance, it is certainly not the only reason for crashes that have been caused by all kinds of stuff - aircraft having design faults, good designs overwhelmed by extreme weather, badly trained pilots making all kinds of mistakes, good pilots having a bad day, understaffed traffic controller services giving wrong instructions causing mid-air collisions, not to mention all kinds of terror actions, all the way to bizarre stuff like stray AA missiles, geese crashing into engines or pissed-off psycho ex airline employees going on a rampage.
Also, single crashes themselves can have much wider and more serious legal, political and economic consequences like getting an airline or all airlines from one country black-listed in another country, a company being completely shut down, new safety and maintenance standards being introduced somewhere (but not globally), or even having an effect on the entire global airline industry with generally lower sales, and that's much more complicated than just one company losing reputation...

Introducing all that would be too demanding, and crushing just some planes and reducing someone's reputation annoying and dumb...
I don't mind it the way it is now.

Delta Force

Delta Force

• 96 posts
Perhaps there could be incidents that do not involve hull loss? For example, an aircraft might suffer a tailstrike and require repairs, systems might fail and cancel the scheduled flight, etc. For earlier worlds flights might be canceled or aircraft may have to land at alternate airports due to poor weather conditions. Aircraft with more advanced avionics and pilots with proper training would not be as impacted.

mrinalverma74

mrinalverma74

Airbus lover boeing fan

• 71 posts

You have no idea what kind of fury you've just invited to your doorstep with that comment. :popcorn:

Anyway I haven't decided what kind of incidents and accidents will be in AE 4 yet, but the aim will not be random crashes for the sake of having crashes. :P

Plese enlighten me :|

Superman

Superman

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,507 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

new airplane will have less chance of crash but old have a fat big chance ;)

This....

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

Well, how to manage incidents by age without making it totally predictable, and what about each type having its own faults and strengths, and how to make that unpredictable? Earlier models like Comet 1 or An-10 had catastrophic structural faults and had to be pulled out of service and scrapped, on the other hand hundreds of A330/A340 and B777 flying for almost 20 years had only one lethal hull loss each, and neither of those caused by age...

I think I would be totally pissed off and would contemplate leaving the game if I had an A330 hull loss only because it's 20 years old, or even worse losing a new one only because design faults were randomized for all types...

mrinalverma74

mrinalverma74

Airbus lover boeing fan

• 71 posts

Well, how to manage incidents by age without making it totally predictable, and what about each type having its own faults and strengths, and how to make that unpredictable? Earlier models like Comet 1 or An-10 had catastrophic structural faults and had to be pulled out of service and scrapped, on the other hand hundreds of A330/A340 and B777 flying for almost 20 years had only one lethal hull loss each, and neither of those caused by age...

I think I would be totally pissed off and would contemplate leaving the game if I had an A330 hull loss only because it's 20 years old, or even worse losing a new one only because design faults were randomized for all types...

I know this I am just saying some planes such as planes made by Douglas these planes have a pssibility of crash 14/1000 if they are old. but an old plane of airbus has the chance 1/14000 

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*
  • Guests

It will depend on the airline what type of maintenance they want cheap will lead to crash and expencive one will keep the aircraft in good health we must also include C-checks. new airplane will have less chance of crash but old have a fat big chance ;)

Well Delta is flying 35 year old DC-9s and those don't crash

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

imo, we shouldn't have crashes, mechanical faults that only occur on the ground should be implemented, simply because i don't wanna open up my inbox seeing "Your 747-8i (ID=696) has crashed killing 350 people on board!" but rather, something along the lines of "Your 747-8i (ID=696) has been grounded due to XYZ and has resulted in the cancellation of flight 69"

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

imo, we shouldn't have crashes, mechanical faults that only occur on the ground should be implemented, simply because i don't wanna open up my inbox seeing "Your 747-8i (ID=696) has crashed killing 350 people on board!" but rather, something along the lines of "Your 747-8i (ID=696) has been grounded due to XYZ and has resulted in the cancellation of flight 69"

Mostly agree.

Mechanical faults are fine, crashes less so.

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

I'm not sure an airline CEO would want routine maintenance issues like that clogging up his inbox. In any case, in AE 4, player messages and different types of notifications and alerts will be separated into more specific feeds instead of dumping everything into one "mailbox" like now.

elysia

elysia

-

• 41 posts

I know this I am just saying some planes such as planes made by Douglas these planes have a pssibility of crash 14/1000 if they are old. but an old plane of airbus has the chance 1/14000 

u dun like Douglas? ;)

Mobeer

Mobeer

AE Luver

• 325 posts

User's Awards

8       2    2   

So to all those campaigning for crashes in the name of realism; I pose to you a question.

Good one.

How about this:

I pay all my pilots $7/hour, most only last a few months before quitting to stack supermarket shelves for better pay and conditions.

The poor pilots cannot hear themselves think over the noise of the IFE adverts every 2 minutes.

Flying in and out of runways 10 feet longer than the minimum required length, in planes maintained by school leavers in their first every job (at 7/hour).

Every day a new PRISM 787 crashes.

How long until regulators decide:

- PRISM should be grounded because of bad pilots

- All 787 should be grounded because of frequent maintenance faults

- Heathrow flights should not be allowed to fly over London, hence airport capacity is restricted (see Justine Greening "we cannot beat the odds forever")

mrinalverma74

mrinalverma74

Airbus lover boeing fan

• 71 posts

So to all those campaigning for crashes in the name of realism; I pose to you a question.

On July 1st, 2013, an Alta DC-9 lands without functioning landing gear at San Diego. The wing ruptures, and it trails burning fuel, putting the runway out of service until the fire can be put out and the DC-9 removed.

Surely in the name of "Realism", my decision to operate DC-9s for so long should put San Diego out of action for all departing flights? If we are to go the full mile; being a single runway airport, any plane without the fuel capacity to hold should surely divert?

"But fox, gameplay-wise that's an awful idea! your actions could put hundreds of other players airlines in financial trouble because you're exploiting the crash system!"

That's true; but if you want crashes. - Not mechanical faults that only stop my plane - but crashes - surely the full effect should be simulated? ^_^

Although crashes are not very common but these type of crashes are extremly uncommon So I think so this can be added in AE 5 Think so :thumbsup:

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

Although crashes are not very common but these type of crashes are extremly uncommon So I think so this can be added in AE 5 Think so :thumbsup:

World War 5 will have happened before AE5 comes out :whistling:

mxax-ai

mxax-ai

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 585 posts

User's Awards

3    3      

Actually quite many crashes happen on an airport (I wonder why?): For example Asiana@SFO, Spanair@MAD, various runway overruns and of course the tenerife crash.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AE 4.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users