Photo

Order Backlogs

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

jackthestrip

jackthestrip

• 160 posts
Is anyone else of the opinion that the current order backlogs are beyond the joke?

8 months for a boeing is ludicrass!!!!!

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      
Ludacris? Move B****!!! Get out the way!!! Get out the B****, get out the way!!!

[Edited on 10/25/2005 by Pacific]

jackthestrip

jackthestrip

• 160 posts
Move what?!

Salomon

Salomon

• 211 posts
Last game, Airbus's order went up to 39 months I think. Can someone confirm?

QUEPASO?

QUEPASO?

• 31 posts
i remember 28 months! so if i was you i wouldnt be complaining.

WSHNationals

WSHNationals

• 764 posts
  • WLM ID:WSHNationals7@hotmail.co
  • AIM Screen Name:ttwttwttsrdmbadb
35 months i remember... and i never got my A320-200 i ordered at the end of last game :D

jackthestrip

jackthestrip

• 160 posts
its not moaning, im just stating the bloody obvious. I think we need to be sensible and not loose track...... its after all, is only a game. Lets treat it that way, there are more airlines than ever now, with more airlines comes more competition, but if ever there has been a time to increase the manufacturers capacity then now is it.

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      
I cannot find the word "ludicrass" in my dictionary.

Do you mean Ludacris the singer?

or...ludicrous?:D

[Edited on 10/25/2005 by Pacific]

jackthestrip

jackthestrip

• 160 posts
I mean ludicrous. Quite a comedian arn't we Pacific.

Timsher

Timsher

Just a ling

• 573 posts
  • WLM ID:Timsher@gmail.com
  • Yahoo ID:Timsher19

8 months for a boeing is ludicrass!!!!!

Yes, but remember that the aircraft delivered every month = 20 +10% of the backlog. So taking 162/36 = 4.5 month max waiting time, assuming the line stays close to the same length.

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747
Yeah. Kind of difficult to judge when you get your plane. You can easily take an estimate of whether you get your plane that month or not, but it's hard to judge the exact month.

Mexicana757

Mexicana757

• 148 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:dperez757
  • Yahoo ID:trekkerr757
8 months is nothing to what it was in the first version of AE. If i remember right there were 50 months wait on Airbus and same for Boeing. It took two weeks just to get an airplane.

Scalpel4

Scalpel4

• 560 posts
  • WLM ID:scalpel4@hotmail.com
Yep! I welcome 10 months versus the 30 it was when I first started over a year ago. God, has this game sucked up that much of my life already?!?!?!

DevilSquad

DevilSquad

• 29 posts
Look, I think that the size of the manufacturor should be taken into account; Airbus produces a lot more planes per year than let's say Bombardier. So let Airbus deliver more aircraft a month.

jackthestrip

jackthestrip

• 160 posts
Thats a good suggestion Devil.

StephenM

StephenM

• 987 posts
  • WLM ID:srkm@eircom.net
Well at least its realistic. How many aircraft manufacturers deliver your orders 1 month after placing them?

Anthony13

Anthony13

• 229 posts
  • WLM ID:antserafino@gmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:finorocks123

Originally posted by DevilSquad
Look, I think that the size of the manufacturor should be taken into account; Airbus produces a lot more planes per year than let's say Bombardier. So let Airbus deliver more aircraft a month.

I like this idea a lot!

MadMax183

MadMax183

GoUSA

• 93 posts
Yeah, Scalpel...it's been that long. if don't come to the site at least once a day it's like having drug withdrawals. Not that I've experienced one.

highspeed

highspeed

• 346 posts

Originally posted by DevilSquad

Not in this game's reality. It's about the same. Now compare it to, for instance, Saab. Saab delivers a lot less aircraft a month. (20 against 40).

In other words: in this game, Airbus and Bombardier are about the same size; Saab is much smaller. AE does take the size into account.

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts

Originally posted by jackthestrip
its not moaning, im just stating the bloody obvious. I think we need to be sensible and not loose track...... its after all, is only a game. Lets treat it that way, there are more airlines than ever now, with more airlines comes more competition, but if ever there has been a time to increase the manufacturers capacity then now is it.

Last I checked backlog for a 737 is 24+ months at the moment and thats with 24 made each month and doesn't include the other models. Take a chill pill. The only thing is maybe miller could up it slightly from 20 to 25 for Boeing (more than all models together still a month) and 26 for Airbus (still short as well)

[Edited on 10/30/2005 by galapagapop]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users