Photo

Summer Olympics 2020!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Summer Olympics 2020!!!!!!!! (39 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will host the 2020 Olympics?

1. Istanbul (14 votes [35.90%])

Percentage of vote: 35.90%

2. Voted Madrid (8 votes [20.51%])

Percentage of vote: 20.51%

3. Voted Tokyo (17 votes [43.59%])

Percentage of vote: 43.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

juyounghan

juyounghan

Loves Coffee

• 21 posts

So?!? Who will receive the highest amount of votes from the IOC?

Istanbul?

Tokyo?

Madrid?

Discuss...

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*
  • Guests

MADRID!

Uracco

Uracco

If the 747 is the Queen of the Skies is the A380 King?

• 103 posts
Tokyo FTW!

16277175_AE_Sig.png

Fan of old and new particularly Tridents,Comets,VC10's,1-11's,A320's,787's,757's and the Queen of The Skies  

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

I'd put money on Istanbul. IOC's been pushing for non-traditional and developing cities like Beijing and Rio as of late. 

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

**OLT@22.Hrvatska**

**OLT@22.Hrvatska**

CEO Of The Blue1 Brand

• 61 posts

User's Awards

2    2      
Spain is going through a financial crisis and the recent demonstrations and mishandling of the police force is really diminishing Istanbul's hopes. It's most likely going to be Tokyo.

I Have Flown on: ATR 72, Q400, Airbus: 319, 320, 330 Boeing:737-800, 747-8, 767-300ER, Embrear 175,190

juyounghan

juyounghan

Loves Coffee

• 21 posts
BID   CHG INDEX Istanbul (IST) bx-up.gif 0.18 61.96 Madrid (MAD) bx-dn.gif 0.80 56.49 Tokyo (TKY) bx-up.gif 1.24 62.31

this is from GamesBids.com

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts

Istanbul really is in a mess :P

ADWAM.png

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

So is Rio :whistling:

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

juyounghan

juyounghan

Loves Coffee

• 21 posts

i live in istanbul (and im korean) but what the news tells you is an extreme exaggeration

the protests only take place in one place. the rest of the city is in relative calm. 

plus, these days, protests are about syria or egypt, not about turkey or the shopping center

SirMoo

SirMoo

Rawr?

• 497 posts

Tokyo has the infrastructure to handle a huge event like this too. They have a very large public transport system with two major airports so I think ideally it would be them. Not to say Madrid can't compare... it would just seem that Tokyo is better for stability.

I'd also seriously consider going... :/

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

Adelaide FTW

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

Adelaide FTW

Yeah wasn't even a candidate. In fact I don't think they even applied.

Frdm920

Frdm920

Professional Chat Killer

• AE Moderator / Data Collector
  • 558 posts

User's Awards

I had a look at Tokyo's bid a while back and I must say its very well done, certainly puts them in a good position. I don't know how well the other two have made their bids though.

Also Tokyo has the fact that its an Asian city to add to its chances, whilst the Olympics were in Asia in 2008, this is apparently the "Asian Century" and I have little doubt that will influence certain country's votes.

a0149d3efa.jpg

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

My personal preference would by Tokyo.

However, I would expect Istanbul.

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

juyounghan

juyounghan

Loves Coffee

• 21 posts

This is the bidindex update

BID   CHG INDEX Istanbul (IST) bx-dn.gif 0.51 61.45 Madrid (MAD) bx-up.gif 2.27 58.76 Tokyo (TKY) bx-dn.gif 0.17 62.14

SirMoo

SirMoo

Rawr?

• 497 posts

Your BID thing is just a random mathematical calculation and has no barring on the actuality of a city getting it. :/

ChiJohnAok

ChiJohnAok

AE Know It All

• 147 posts
  • Yahoo ID:siebenburgenair
  • ICQ Number:609576981

User's Awards

9    5    2    4   

Tokyo has the infrastructure to handle a huge event like this too. They have a very large public transport system with two major airports so I think ideally it would be them. Not to say Madrid can't compare... it would just seem that Tokyo is better for stability.

I'd also seriously consider going... :/

Plus Tokyo's only 149 miles from Fukushima.
Nothing to worry about with that....

Co-founder of MB Global Alliance

MBGlobalAlliancebanner.jpg

SirMoo

SirMoo

Rawr?

• 497 posts

Plus Tokyo's only 149 miles from Fukushima.
Nothing to worry about with that....

Bad attempt at sarcasm? Of course there is nothing to worry about. Lather on some iodine and you'll be fine.

ChiJohnAok

ChiJohnAok

AE Know It All

• 147 posts
  • Yahoo ID:siebenburgenair
  • ICQ Number:609576981

User's Awards

9    5    2    4   

Bad attempt at sarcasm? Of course there is nothing to worry about. Lather on some iodine and you'll be fine.

Mostly sarcasm.

Still, some are concerned:
http://m.thehindu.co...www.google.com/

And perhaps with good reason:

>>>>>>>
Last week, the Nuclear Regulation Authority increased the severity of the leak from level 1 to level 3, or “serious incident,” following the discovery of 300 tonnes of leaked radioactive water from a storage tank.

The Japanese bid team has consistently denied that the nuclear crisis would damage Tokyo’s Olypmic candidacy.

“I do not believe it would directly affect our chances to host the Games,” Tokyo Governor Naoki Inose said.

Inose has already left Tokyo for the IOC meeting in Buenos Aires this weekend, where Tokyo will make a final presentation for its bid against rivals Madrid and Istanbul.

Tsunekazu Takeda, the chief of the Tokyo 2020 bid, told IOC members the Japanese capital “is completely unaffected” by the nuclear disaster.

In Buenos Aires on Wednesday, Mr. Takeda had to bat off repeated questions from reporters in Buenos Aires about Fukushima, insisting that “the radiation level in Tokyo is the same as in London, Paris, New York.” Others are not convinced.

In Tokyo, a civic group measured radiation levels at 37 sites planned for the 2020 Games. At many of the sites, the group detected higher levels of radiation than before the 2011 disaster, and also found radioactive caesium, which was almost absent before, at a soccer stadium 30 kilometres north of the capital.

“Whether you support Tokyo’s Olympics bid or not, we have a moral responsibility to show the international community facts about radiation contamination in Tokyo,” Takehiko Tsukushi, a member of the group, said.

Ryusaku Tanaka, a veteran journalist who has covered the nuclear disaster from the beginning, said the link between the nuclear crisis and the Olympic bid is clear.

“Do athletes who are taking extra care in protecting their health want to come to radiation—contaminated Japan?” Tanaka asked in a recent article.

<<<<<<<<

In the end, perception may play into this.
Will athletes and visitors want to travel there to participate if they think (justified or not) that their Heath might be impacted?

Co-founder of MB Global Alliance

MBGlobalAlliancebanner.jpg

M4matthew

M4matthew

M4Matthew

• 673 posts

Tokyo have this one in the bag;

After the problems that have plagued the Rio and Sochi games, the Olympic Committee is wanting a safe and reliable city to host the games.

Turkey have dashed any hopes after the recent treatment of protesters, also Turkey has political issues with some of its neighbors and there just happens to be the oh so small conflict in Syria which no one really knows how it will pan out.

Madrid is going for the cheap and cheerful approach to Olympic hosting, sounds great at first until you realise Olympic budgets nearly always balloon from the projections... Does Spain have the financial will to continue investing huge amounts in infrastructure and construction even after the budget is exceeded or will they end up doing a half-assed job?

I'd be wrong to say Japan didn't have political issues and problems of its own, radioactive water leaks being one of them, but it is the safest Olympic choice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users