Photo

Used Aircraft Market

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Diverskii

Diverskii

AE Addict To-Be

• 19 posts

I'm just wondering how so many 0 or 1 year old aircraft flood the market by the end of the game? 

I know the Used Market is getting overhauled in AE4 but it seems odd. The system owns all the aircraft, but does that mean people are buying new aircraft, and then selling them immediately?

For me it just seems as if I can get a brand new aircraft without the 3/4 week waiting period. 

Come join us! www.reddit.com/r/airlinedesign/

**OLT@22.Hrvatska**

**OLT@22.Hrvatska**

CEO Of The Blue1 Brand

• 61 posts

User's Awards

2    2      
It's probably everyone getting rid of their idle aircraft that they ordered but decided that its not worth setting up new routes with because of the little time left.

I Have Flown on: ATR 72, Q400, Airbus: 319, 320, 330 Boeing:737-800, 747-8, 767-300ER, Embrear 175,190

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Usually towards the end of a world, I just order thousands of really cheap aircraft for great lulz

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Diverskii

Diverskii

AE Addict To-Be

• 19 posts

Oh right, all the rich airlines rub it in the faces of the new startups ey  :D

I never understand how, like in R1 now, just 3 years into the game (1958), people have fleets of hundreds of aircraft with hundreds of the latest 707s on order. 

**OLT@22.Hrvatska**

**OLT@22.Hrvatska**

CEO Of The Blue1 Brand

• 61 posts

User's Awards

2    2      
I actually managed an airline that's in the top 10 in that world, it's not that hard. All you need is a few tricks and routes that get high profit..

I Have Flown on: ATR 72, Q400, Airbus: 319, 320, 330 Boeing:737-800, 747-8, 767-300ER, Embrear 175,190

Diverskii

Diverskii

AE Addict To-Be

• 19 posts

I actually managed an airline that's in the top 10 in that world, it's not that hard. All you need is a few tricks and routes that get high profit..

Yeah I suppose with practice, I just can't believe after only 3 years someone can be that rich. I tried bonds for rapid expansion but it went badly and I folded. Now I'm trying gradual expansion. But it's sloowww

Uracco

Uracco

If the 747 is the Queen of the Skies is the A380 King?

• 103 posts
Well I earned lots of money in about 2 years

16277175_AE_Sig.png

Fan of old and new particularly Tridents,Comets,VC10's,1-11's,A320's,787's,757's and the Queen of The Skies  

Diverskii

Diverskii

AE Addict To-Be

• 19 posts

Well I'm not even a year old and have 3 DC-7s with 5 on order so we'll see how it goes.

Pineair

Pineair

AE Luver

• 474 posts

User's Awards

10    16    12       9   
Think they are planes that have been ordered by airlines that go out of business before the planes are delivered. They seem to release them at random times, I bought 35 747's earlier today and none had details of previous ownership and were between 0 & 2 years old. Always keep some spare cash for these expansion opportunities.

����Justin����

����Justin����

AE Know It All

• 176 posts

What I did is lease humongous amounts of aircraft, yes you will lose money doing that, but I made more profit than I had expected and I'm now offering transatlantic and international flights, due to my leasing "plan". But still, I do wonder how airlines in S1 grow such large in 3 years! I tried everything I increased my reputation, configured into 3 classes, offered in-flight services, fly busy routes, but I can't seem to get in I higher rank, I just get into a lower rank. But my word is that you should just lease lots of aircraft and at least you can survive and make money.

4075019335.pngGoogle Inbox invites available! PM for more info.

2ndAcr

2ndAcr

AE Know It All

• 246 posts

User's Awards

7    2      

Bin dumps.......you have to watch for them and be fast on the trigger with cash to spare. Mine in R1 is ranked number 4, I bought over 100 planes from the used bin on one swoop.

I will lease when I can, but if I see any plane disappear I will pull the trigger and buy what I want asap.

Value early game is pure cash, so you will flux in rank big time, once you start buying planes and terminals, you will stabilize in rank and actually start the climb.

Don't try to flood 1500 seats on a 2500 pax route, take a chunk of 3-400 and be done with it for now. My rough rule is enough daily profit on the route to cover both gate leases within 3 days time on that route. If you take a smaller bite, you will not be so horribly effected when someone slams a couple thousand seats on it, and they will big time.

Watch the last ranks, see who is going belly up soon, slide onto their routes so when they go belly up, you take over the route. I call that the vulture list.

Diverskii

Diverskii

AE Addict To-Be

• 19 posts

My next question is when an aircraft goes out of production, how long do they stay on the used market for? Or do they never go on it once people start retiring them? 

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Well, often times after an aircraft "goes out of production", at least one person's got deliveries for it until 2025

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

ChiJohnAok

ChiJohnAok

AE Know It All

• 147 posts
  • Yahoo ID:siebenburgenair
  • ICQ Number:609576981

User's Awards

9    5    2    4   

My next question is when an aircraft goes out of production, how long do they stay on the used market for? Or do they never go on it once people start retiring them?

My understanding is that a plane will stay in the used plane market for 6 months. If no one has leased or bought it by the end Of 6 months it disappears.

Co-founder of MB Global Alliance

MBGlobalAlliancebanner.jpg

rexrex600

rexrex600

• 5 posts

User's Awards

I have over 100 aircraft (in fleet and on order) and I have been in R0 for 1 year (I started about 55 years fm the start) and I'm well in the monehs :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users