American Airlines' Cut Backs in BOSTON LOGAN AIRPORT

S1 S3A S3B S3C O1 O2 R0 R2 R1

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Guest_Trans World Airlines_*

• Guests

In 2003, American Airlines' peaked out operations at Boston-Logan International Airport actually calling it a hub from 2002-2008. American Airlines had nearly 40 destinations from Logan in 2003, and it handled 7 million passengers or 29% of the traffic in 2003. But do finiancial wounds , American Airlines has cut back significantly at Logan, and in 2013... American Airlines travels to 6 destinations connecting 2.6 million passengers (9% Of Travelers) barely holding on to 10 gates they own! This forum is to show your comments to the disbandment of the TWA/American Hub built and destroyed by American Airlines.

In 1983, Trans World Airlines started major operations from Logan making it TWA's 3rd busiest Airport after JFK and STL. They started flights to Europe, Latin America, and even The West Coast by 1985. TWA carried 40% of all passengers at Logan by 1990, and was considered a Major Focus City. In 1995, TWA upgraded Boston to a Secondary-Hub, because it had 100 daily operations and 24% of the Market, a slight fall due to Delta and American Airlines' upbringing at Logan. TWA faced financial wounds in 1996, and downsized routes from BOS, selling routes to American and Delta, but Mostly American Airlines. Only a few (2), routes were actually terminated from Boston because of TWA's disbandment. By 1999, Trans World Airlines released Boston as a hub, and basically sold it off to American Airlines. American Airlines called it a Focus City for some time, with the 27 destinations and 4.5 million Passengers. In 2002, American Airlines expanded at Boston, with building a terminal and calling it a hub, with adding 10 destinations all new to Boston. American Airlines employeed 2,000 base employees at Boston in 2002, and by 2003 that increased by 11%! In 2004, American Airlines only terminated 1 destination of the 45 they had, but kept Boston Consistant with more than 150 flights!American Airlines had finiancial difficulties around 2007, and started to cut flights at Boston, removing 10 routes by 2009. Boston was downgraded to a Focus City in 2008, and fell drastically in connections. Boston only flew to 14 destinations by 2011's beginning, which dropped to 8 by 2012 and further more to 6 by 2013. American Airlines cut famous routes like their Boston-London, San Francsico and Toronto routes. In 2013, Boston was removed as a Focus City, and became a small operating city. Below is a list of places AA still flies to in Boston, and the places and years they were terminated.

IN SERVICE:

Chicago

Dallas/Fort Worth

Los Angeles

Miami

New York-JFK

Seasonal: Paris-Charles de Gaulle (Ends In October 2013)

TERMINATED

Aruba

Atlanta

Baltimore

Bangor

Burlington (VT)

Cairo

Cincinatti / Louisville

Colombus, OH

Dayton, OH

Denver

Detroit

Dublin

Eagle Vail

Fort Lauderdale

Frankfurt (Germany)

Halifax

Houston-Intercontinental

Las Vegas

London-Heathrow

Manchester, UK

Montego Bay

Montreal-Mirabel

Nassau

Newark

New York-LGA

Orlando

Philadelphia

Phoenix

Providenciales

Raliegh/Durham

Roanoke

San Diego

San Francisco

San Jose

San Juan

Santo Domingo

Shannon

St. Louis-Lambert

St. Thomas

Tampa

Toronto-Pearson

Washington-Dulles

Washington-Reagan

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF AA DOING THIS CATASTROPHE!??! -Let me know

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts

I think, that you shouldn't tag every game world that you can into this... :P

But for real, I reckon AA would have know about the AA/US merger for a while and were cutting back BOS flights and probably letting US keep their PHL hub :P As I've spoke to you in chat before now this will probably be the same thing happening with RDU/CLT. 

• Guests

I think, that you shouldn't tag every game world that you can into this... :P

But for real, I reckon AA would have know about the AA/US merger for a while and were cutting back BOS flights and probably letting US keep their PHL hub :P As I've spoke to you in chat before now this will probably be the same thing happening with RDU/CLT. 

RDU was cut as a hub in 1995 :P ... AA said that Boston was profitable, but it didnt feel it went with the American Airlines' Ego :|

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Reminds me of Peterj

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Well, things happen, airlines rise and they fall. I'm sure it affects Americans but if not enough peope are using the services, who can blame them for their bankrupcy? I mean, there's no shortage of US airlines.

james767

james767

AE Know It All

• 175 posts

When the US airway becomes part of AA they will have about 25 destinations from Boston (with one world airlines included).

26 when Qatar airline start fight to Boston from Doha with there 787.

AA most likely cut back because since 2008 jet blue has become a big carrier their and in 2011 became the biggest airline at Boston Logan.

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*

Guest_Eastwind CEO_*
  • Guests

S1  S3A  S3B  S3C  O1  O2  R0  R2  R1

Pan Am had the Worldport that might be gone in 2015 because of Delta building another terminal.

Pan Am opened the Worldport in 1960 making Pan Am's hub of the world. In 1991 Delta Air Lines took over the terminal and left it abandon in 2013.

WHY WAS THIS TOPIC STARTED!??!- LET ME KNOW

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: S1, S3A, S3B, S3C, O1, O2, R0, R2, Rδ, R1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users