• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

2ndAcr

2ndAcr

AE Know It All

• 246 posts

User's Awards

7    2      

All  this time I have played the DC9-10 had a 900 mile range, now it is listed at 2000 miles standard. All of the DC9 series were in the 1000 mile range gate as standard and now I am seeing a huge range jump. Typo or is this a new calculation?

Jason Hite

Jason Hite

CEO, EVA Airways Corp.

• 169 posts

User's Awards

3    2       4      

It isn't a typo; it's just correcting the range to what it should be. The DC-9-50's full-payload range used to be only 863 miles, which is extremely unrealistic. If that mileage was the case, Delta Airlines would have been hard-pressed to use the aircraft for its ATL-DEN route back at the aircraft's introduction into the fleet.

2ndAcr

2ndAcr

AE Know It All

• 246 posts

User's Awards

7    2      

Range even on Boeing site is an average of 1600 miles. Even Wiki lists the DC9-10 at 600nm at max takeoff and only 1400 miles with full fuel load out.

I can find not a single site that says any DC9 could do a standard range of 1800+ miles. If there is one, I would love to see it. Take that back, Boeing site says the DC9-20 has a chance to hit that range.

Here are the ranges given on Boeing own site and they are less than the ranges now in game. I just want the ranges correct whichever they are. To me max range is exactly that, max range before you drop from the sky.

http://www.boeing.co...c-9/specs.page?

Northern

Northern

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,623 posts

User's Awards

2    2    4   
Yes a couple of them are wrong due to myself reading the charts wrong - I will change them as soon as possible.

banner_signature_northern.png

2ndAcr

2ndAcr

AE Know It All

• 246 posts

User's Awards

7    2      

Okay, thanks for clarification. I like long range birds, but those numbers just did not seem right to me. Went against everything that I have ever read about the Dc9 series. Range was one of their major draw backs.

Wyldon

Wyldon

AE Player

• 49 posts

Hey, 'Acr.  Now that the speeds are fairly accurate for the DC-9 series (knots were used instead of mph, I believe), I began flying the DC-9-30 today.  It appears km is likely still being used for the range not statute nor nautical miles.  Would love to see consistent units of measure...preferably speeds in knots and distances in nautical miles (just my preference).

romepa1301

romepa1301

• 8 posts

User's Awards

2    5   

Please, somebody tell me if it is possible to increase range  to any aircraft?

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

Please, somebody tell me if it is possible to increase range  to any aircraft?

No.  The only thing you can do is use winglets if they are available :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users