Photo

Hong Kong - Shenzhen - Macao - Guangzhou

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

night owl

night owl

AE Player

• 26 posts

There seems to be a lot more helicopter traffic irl than is possible ig. At the Hong Kong Shun Tak Ferry Terminal helicopters start every few minutes, and it's not 'economy fare' that they charge. Imho there should be no economy slots and lots more business class slots than for instance the 1 to Shenzhen, 0 to Macao, 5 to Guangzhou, or 1 to Hong Kong airports. Helicopters are very profitable there irl, and earn next to nothing ig. Not sure of course, if these changes can be made without undue effort, but it would make owning a few helicopters much more interesting. I'm sure there are other places where the same applies, like New York.

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

The way AE works we can not adjust specific routes. :/

Signature%203.png

Duck

Duck

Totally Quackers

• 68 posts

Yeah sorry to rain on your parade but specific routes cannot be edited, I have a similar problem because flights from my hub of new zealand to the Pacific Islands have low demand whereas in real life they are big money earners. However the way the game calculates demand does not allow for what you are asking.

He who fights with monsters should take care, lest he become a rubber duck

night owl

night owl

AE Player

• 26 posts

Well, if it can't be changed, I won't worry about it. Just thought it might make small aircraft more interesting. At the moment I see no reason to invest in any small craft, as they only take up expensive gates and have no adequate ROI.

Mobeer

Mobeer

AE Luver

• 325 posts

User's Awards

8       2    2   

I tried operating helicopters from Hong Kong Shun Tak, and found gate costs are very high because of the high frequency of helicopter flights. Hong Kong Shun Tak itself is cheap to lease gates, but the surrounding Chinese airports are expensive. If there were cheaper gate costs for helicopters then this would help a lot.

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

The way AE works we can not adjust specific routes. :/

My understanding is that specific routes can be adjusted, however in practice this is not done.

I personally see no issue with adjusting the demand between cities for which there is proven demand for.

Those saying it's too much data, this would only be for a very small number of routes. The idea that AKL-WLG has just 300 passengers per day is ridiculous, and there are many more examples, for example the Australian golden triangle of SYD, MEL and BNE.

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

Keyelem

Keyelem

I happen to be Dutch.. I also happen to be a Data Collector...

• Data Collector
  • 192 posts

My understanding is that specific routes can be adjusted, however in practice this is not done.

I personally see no issue with adjusting the demand between cities for which there is proven demand for.

Those saying it's too much data, this would only be for a very small number of routes. The idea that AKL-WLG has just 300 passengers per day is ridiculous, and there are many more examples, for example the Australian golden triangle of SYD, MEL and BNE.

Then your understanding is wrong. The demand on specific routes can't be adjusted at the moment, not even by Yuxi.

eu30cUI.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users