Photo

A suggestion to stop cheating

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

marbergi

marbergi

• 15 posts
Heres an idea I've been playing with for a while inregards to stopping people cheating. Charge everybody to play.

Now before everybody start leaping down my throat let me finish - the cost of joining 1 cent. The reason for this - payment can only be made via paypal or similiar - this way it would prevent people opening extra accounts as they would need multiple paypal accounts etc.

Having been playing since near the beginning I've seen waht is a very good game dragged down by cheaters and I'm sure that alot of you out there will agree with me.

Mexicana757

Mexicana757

• 148 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:dperez757
  • Yahoo ID:trekkerr757
Thats a good idea. I think it should be at least $1 :P;)

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Why not $10. The least we could do to cover server costs. Plus then there could be a "Free" version around for the cheaters to play on. ;)

marbergi

marbergi

• 15 posts
The monatery value is of little significance - I really mean to use it as a way of monitoring peoples account to ensure that people only have one.

QUEPASO?

QUEPASO?

• 31 posts
that will be nice, this way we can get all of the new features in the paid version first!

Very Good Idea

Northstar

Northstar

• 26 posts
And what about people who don't have credit cards? Not everyone is over 18 or even able to get one, you know.

Anthony13

Anthony13

• 229 posts
  • WLM ID:antserafino@gmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:finorocks123
I agree.

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

Originally posted by marbergi
Heres an idea I've been playing with for a while inregards to stopping people cheating. Charge everybody to play.

Now before everybody start leaping down my throat let me finish - the cost of joining 1 cent. The reason for this - payment can only be made via paypal or similiar - this way it would prevent people opening extra accounts as they would need multiple paypal accounts etc.

Having been playing since near the beginning I've seen waht is a very good game dragged down by cheaters and I'm sure that alot of you out there will agree with me.

Very good Idea, one knows that the Adults will pay a Token Gesture, not sure about the massive number of younger generation thoe.

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      

Originally posted by Northstar
And what about people who don't have credit cards? Not everyone is over 18 or even able to get one, you know.

1 cent is nothing but my bank lost my credit card twice in the mail, so I'm still cardless.

VC-10

VC-10

• 706 posts
I don't mind paying 1 cent (Or 0.56 pence!!!!!) but some of us, as has been metioned don't have credit cards. This would make is impossible to pay:(;):(. i understand that miller has to pay a lot for the server, and that is why I support having payment, but is there another way? Also, why are there no adds? it is great not having them, but surely it would save miller money?

Mecanita

Mecanita

Author

• 59 posts
Another idea: Let control Miller the used aircraft market with a broker.
No one can sell an aircraft to it's 2nd airline.
Every airline must sell every aircraft they want to sell to the broker.
The broker will randomly accept an airline that has placed a bid.
This process must have a longer durance( 1 real day or more)

miller22 (inactive)

miller22 (inactive)

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 607 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:AeProjectManager
We're well in development in this area.

watchdog

watchdog

Senior AE Manager

• 534 posts

Originally posted by miller22
We're well in development in this area.

Not before time either.

Nice Miller22 - Good to see your advancing on it.

10/10

EK156

EK156

• 14 posts
I don't mind paying US 1 or US 10 dollars to be a member and I am a new user!! I paid USD 25 to join a.net and that is only a forum!!! Here you have a forum AND the game!!!!

a

a

• 484 posts
  • WLM ID:ross_mcintosh1@hotmail.com

Originally posted by Northstar

I've got a card i can use and i'm only 16 so it depends where you live.

Atlantic_Air

Atlantic_Air

• 846 posts
unfortunantley, 13 year olds don't get credit cards :D
one can wish

a

a

• 484 posts
  • WLM ID:ross_mcintosh1@hotmail.com
My little brother is thirteen and he has a credit card.

Guest_bcollier_*

Guest_bcollier_*
  • Guests
I'm 16 and in USA, which you can't get a credit card. However you can get a Debit card quite easily and I do believe paypal accepts debit cards, correct me if I'm wrong.

But all in all this is a wonderful idea, and I would be most willing to pay up to $10 USD.

RmTrice

RmTrice

• 255 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:RmTrice07
Actually, I do believe that in the U.S. you can get a credit card by having it under the name of one of your parents. The account that the card would draw from would be yours (in your name with your money). I almost did it, but I'd rather not spend all my money when I'm still looking for work. lol

miller22 (inactive)

miller22 (inactive)

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 607 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:AeProjectManager
We've always promised that Airline Empires can be played for free. This will still be the case, but we are considering running multiple worlds with different features.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users