Financial Support Mechanisms

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

BritInSpain

BritInSpain

AE Player

• 42 posts
I don't lnow if this has already been suggested in the past and before you mention the bonds system i know it exsists, BUT.... I was wondering if there is any plans for a financial transfer system between airlines.
It can be a very beneficial system to have in place as it gives the ability for alliances to help struggling airlines stabilize there finances whilst leaving their ablitiy to expand in tact.
I also know this can be abused by people opening up multiple airlines and transfering start up funds to an exsisting airline but there could be a block on members transfering between their own airlines in the same worlds.
Just a suggestion

XL Leisure Group

CEO - XL Airways (World O1, World R4)

CEO - XL Airways Asia (World R4)

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Say I own airline A, and airline A has $30 billion. What prevents me from transferring tons of cash to airline B to dominate a country?

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

BritInSpain

BritInSpain

AE Player

• 42 posts
finer details have to be worked out but it should be firstly limited to airlines within an alliance.

XL Leisure Group

BritInSpain

BritInSpain

AE Player

• 42 posts
im not a programmer i wouldnt know the first thing about what can be programed or not but it was just an idea that i hoped people can develop on or Yuxi to say its impossible to implement

XL Leisure Group

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

This is more of a regulation nightmare than a programming challenge. If we prohibit transfers between airlines under the same account, it creates an extremely strong incentive for people to create duplicate accounts to get around it. In my mind this would push the abuse underground and make it harder to police. Also, it distorts the valuation/profit rankings because the airlines' finances are no longer independent.

Northern

Northern

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,623 posts

User's Awards

2    2    4   
Not too sure about this one, too abuse prone as Yuxi said :/

banner_signature_northern.png

BritInSpain

BritInSpain

AE Player

• 42 posts
it was just a suggestion as someone i know is having issues with starting and has bonded so much he cant buy aircraft i i fell helpless i cant help hime out also i dont like failing airlines in an alliance im in but dont like kicking them out or suggesting it.

XL Leisure Group

Mobeer

Mobeer

AE Luver

• 325 posts

User's Awards

8       2    2   

I think some advice would be more useful than a pile of cash in a situation as described.

Allowing this sort of cross-funding more generally would seriously distort competition, because any small country airline with a big airline friend would be able to wipe the floor with any unsupported competition.

ChiJohnAok

ChiJohnAok

AE Know It All

• 147 posts
  • Yahoo ID:siebenburgenair
  • ICQ Number:609576981

User's Awards

9    5    2    4   

it was just a suggestion as someone i know is having issues with starting and has bonded so much he cant buy aircraft i i fell helpless i cant help hime out also i dont like failing airlines in an alliance im in but dont like kicking them out or suggesting it.

I agree with Mobeer.

Offer to mentor the struggling airline.
Review the airline and suggest improvements and point out shortcomings.

Simply pumping cash in is not necessarily going to change the underlying shortcomings that drove the airline into financial trouble in the first place.

"Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime".

Co-founder of MB Global Alliance

MBGlobalAlliancebanner.jpg

Keelung

Keelung

Founder of Air Formosa

• 138 posts

User's Awards

As I have my SATs and other exams coming up, I haven't found the time to publish my solutions to all these ideas and problems. To add all these new features and fix old ones needs a lot of intricate restructuring of the game so it will resemble the real world closer. Patience man, patience.

Air Formosa - Aero
Air Formosa lite logo
Aero

Nick94094

Nick94094

Chairman of Yadav Air Services Ltd

• 98 posts

it should be regulated in a way that only airlines having a real financial crisis can receive funds from other airlines....

Uruk

Uruk

AE Player

• 88 posts

User's Awards

Would it be possible to introduce holding companies? Airline Awesome with plenty of cash creates the Awesome Group (HR cost and start up would probably be considrable) that buys 20% of Bad Luck Air for XXXX Millions and then gets 20% of the profits or losses of Bad Luck Air?

Keelung

Keelung

Founder of Air Formosa

• 138 posts

User's Awards

This has been brought up already (me again). It will be best if you are to suggest something, please bring up a plan so we can evaluate which one is the best.

Air Formosa - Aero
Air Formosa lite logo
Aero

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Or simply don't suggest things that would be easily abused by even the dumbest person :whistling: 

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Uruk

Uruk

AE Player

• 88 posts

User's Awards

Or simply don't suggest things that would be easily abused by even the dumbest person :whistling:

I see so you want to abondon the more than one airline per player as well

Northern

Northern

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,623 posts

User's Awards

2    2    4   

This idea is just too easy to abuse! So it really should be a no no :no:

banner_signature_northern.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users