Reseting and Reseting Airlines which are Bankrupt

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

GenTheLondonerOf9Ptol

GenTheLondonerOf9Ptol

AE Player

• 33 posts

Good day all forumers,

I am having a hard time to start and grow my airline.

I have made an airline based in Ninoy Aquino International Airport in the Philippines. But I am having a hard time increasing my fleet and making my profit high. My airline always go bankrupt. I am always making and making airline but with only one name. My airline is only made of 1 aircraft, the Airbus A320-200 or the Boeing 737-400. In my second to the last airline I made, my fleet is made of 2 Airbus A320 series (the A320-200 and the A319-100) and leased 1 ATR 42-600. But it became almost bankrupt so I just ceased operations. When I see in the Airline Finance menu, I saw that the profit is always negative. I also have i think 10 destinations or less in every airline I make. So, please help me grow my airline, thank you for all who read this.

I hope you would help me.

Thank you,

Genesis

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,363 posts

First, welcome to AE! :welcome:

Assuming your routes are profitable, the key issue I see so far is that you only have 1-2 aircraft. At the very beginning I strongly suggest leasing as many aircraft as you can (preferably within the same family) so when you run out of cash during the first few months, you're taking delivery of more aircraft and can grow your way out.

With only 1-2 aircraft it's hard to survive because their revenue can't cover your fixed costs. :P

GenTheLondonerOf9Ptol

GenTheLondonerOf9Ptol

AE Player

• 33 posts

But the maintenance costs is also my problem. The maintenance costs is always high mostly from the A320 family and B737 family. But thank you for your message.

Mobeer

Mobeer

AE Luver

• 325 posts

User's Awards

8       2    2   

Maintenance costs comprise 2 parts:

- cost per aircraft type

- cost per aircraft

So for example:

1 A320 costs 2,300,000 for the A320 type plus about 400,000 for the individual aircraft, so total 2,700,000

3 A320 costs 2,300,000 for the A320 type plus about 3 * 400,000 for the planes, so total 3,500,000

Having just 1 A320 is unlikely to be profitable, but having several is profitable. As Yuxi posted above, if you have 1 A320 then you need to lease another 2-3 to start with, then get these flying as they arrive.

GenTheLondonerOf9Ptol

GenTheLondonerOf9Ptol

AE Player

• 33 posts

Thank you. I am already doing this.

GenTheLondonerOf9Ptol

GenTheLondonerOf9Ptol

AE Player

• 33 posts

This is my problem in income.

Operating Revenue                         $2,112,788

Operating Expenses

GenTheLondonerOf9Ptol

GenTheLondonerOf9Ptol

AE Player

• 33 posts

This is my problem in income

Operating Revenue                          $ 2,112,788          (from my 4 destinations)

Operating Expenses                         $ 12,552,268

Total                                                 $-10,439,840

Actually, I can't control how can I lessen the Operating Expenses in my Airline Finance list.

Northern

Northern

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,623 posts

User's Awards

2    2    4   
Well you likely arnt utilising the aircraft enough?

banner_signature_northern.png

Pineair

Pineair

AE Luver

• 474 posts

User's Awards

10    16    12       9   
You have an idle aircraft. You need to maximise your useage as quickly as possible. Looks like the aircraft may have been idle for at least a month.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users