R4

Currently, GMI has 6 members in R4 consisting of:

• Kaibaby.com
  • Scarlet
  • Polaris Airlines
  • Canadian Airlines
  • LACAVE Cape Verde
  • Air Ethiopia

Scarlet has recently joined GMI. Scarlet is a 4-Star holiday charter airline based in Southwest Russia with hubs at Sochi, Rostov-On-Don, Krasnodar & Anapa, flying to Spain, Portugal, Egypt, Cyprus, Greece & Tunisia. The fleet consists of 5 Tupolev 204-100 aircraft and a single 737-300 on lease from ILFC for domestic services between the four hubs and Moscow.

Kaibaby.com is undergoing a fleet renewal programme, replacing all Boeing 737-300 aircraft with brand new -700 examples recently ordered from boeing starting immediately and 737-500 aircraft are soon to be replaced with -600 examples starting from 2012 onwards.

Kaibaby.com has placed an order for 10 Boeing 787-8 'Dreamliner' aircraft for new long haul services to the Caribbean, USA and to expand Kaibaby's services to the Canaries and Egypt. Dubai has also been said to be a possible destination on a charter basis. Deliveries start from January 2012.

Orbest Orizonia Airlines has recently been kicked from the alliance despite its huge contributions to the alliance due to multiple breakages of terms and new rules. Warnings had been ignored by the CEO.

R6

Currently, GMI has just 3 members in R6 consisting of:

• Jet Français
  • GMI Executive
  • Colombo Jet

Jet Français has recently rebranded with a new logo and livery to follow.

Tensions are said to be rising between Colombo Jet and Violet as Violet has said to be in talks with GMI about the possibility of it joining the alliance despite GMI already having a Colombian operator, Colombo Jet. If Violet was to join GMI, it is most probable that Colombo Jet would be removed from the alliance due to high competition between the airlines.

O1

Currently, GMI has just a single member in O! consisting of:

• Fresh Airways

Fresh Airways's board of directors has recently handed GMI the task of emergency financial management as the airline was said to me hemorrhaging through approx £85 million per month and has began its fleet reduction plan.

Fresh Airways has opened a new short-haul hub at East Midlands airport basing 8 Boeing 737-800 at the airport flying to 51 Destinations across the Mediterranean.

Rδ

Currently, GMI has a total of 50 members consisting of (in order of valuation):

• Fly Flynn
  • Northwest Airlines
  • SouthSide
  • Buzzing
  • Scandic
  • SunJet Barbados
  • Baltic Airways
  • Kai London
  • Midwestern
  • Azteca 
  • MSA Maltin Servizzi Avjazzjoni
  • Lollipop Thai
  • Beyond
  • Midwestern Express
  • Avianca
  • Punto.
  • JS Holidays
  • Aer Venezia
  • Monarch Airlines
  • FyreFly
  • Fly Balls
  • airtours London
  • Robin Hood Charter Company
  • Slovak
  • Kai CityShuttle
  • Volar
  • SunJet Cyprus
  • Rhythms Aviation
  • SunJet Cayman
  • Eastern Airways
  • Hispania Airways
  • Qatar Airways
  • Hawaiian Airlines
  • Western Airways
  • Sierra
  • Southeastern
  • Southern Airways
  • Simple By Northern
  • Sioux
  • Fastjet Tanzania
  • Gibraltar Express
  • Singapore Airlines
  • Ascension Airlines
  • Kai Highlands
  • Air Rockies
  • Nigeriair
  • Bahamas Island Express Service (op by Air Baha)
  • Northern Link
  • Fly Zambezi
  • Fastjet Kenya

Kai London has placed orders for 70 Boeing 737-900ER aircraft for the future replacement of its ageing Boeing 757-200 aircraft with deliveries starting August 2006. KJ has also ordered 25 Boeing 777-300ER aircraft, for further expansion into the asian market and 15 777-200LR aircraft for non-stop services to Australia and Southeast Asia, a market that GMI predicts will grow rapidly in years to come. Deliveries for 77W aircraft start July 2005 and deliveries for 77LR start December 2007.

Fastjet has founded its second airline, this time based in Nairobi, Kenya with bases at Nairobi & Mombasa. Fastjet has said to have triggered an intense 'fare war' in Kenya with AfricanAirlines: Kenya said to have had a fast and sharp reaction to Fastjet Kenya's fast expansion, particularly on its domestic services, where Fastjet has been able to provide considerably lower fares than the flag carrier.

SouthSide has been crowned with a new brand, to match its sleek livery. SS is also said to be in talks with both Embraer & Bombardier over a fleet renewal plan although reports suggest the airline may favour Embraer's E-Jet family rather than Bombardier CRJ's, given the recent pattern of other GMI members such as Midwestern express.

Midwestern has completed it's fleet renewal, scrapping its ageing all-Douglas fleet of DC-8 & DC-9's in favour of an all Boeing fleet of 717 & 757-300 aircraft.

Buzzing has started receiving its first of 60 brand-new Boeing 737-800 aircraft, all of which are to be fitted with efficiency-enhancing winglets. Buzzing has already received 53 Boeing 737-700 aircraft since 1999, despite its conflicts with boeing, which meant no aircraft where delivered between Q3 2002 and Q2 2004. Buzzing has also been said to be only replacing its 737-300 and -400 aircraft, with the -500 aircraft remaining in the fleet for at least another 5 years.

Scandic has completed its fleet renewal programme, removing all DC-9, MD-80 and 767 aircraft from the fleet in favour of Boeing's 717 and Airbus's A321 & A340.

Azteca has recently joined GMI after leaving aaaalliance, leaving the alliance with no Mexican carrier, a significant advantage for GMI. Azteca is hoping to bring a whole new era to GMI in Central America with its world class service and extensive route network from Mexico.

Punto is in the process of taking over all Barcelona-based operations from parent Fly Flynn. Thius move it due to Flynn not being able to make a profit at Barcelona and has decided to concentrate its operations at Madrid and expand at Alicante and open a domestic-only base at Valencia.

GMI would like to thank you for reading.

Kai Savage, Chairman of GMI

Nexus, GMI Admin

Written by Kai

I have way too much spare time :facepalm:

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

Northern

Northern

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,623 posts

User's Awards

2    2    4   

Tensions are said to be rising between Colombo Jet and Violet as Violet has said to be in talks with GMI about the possibility of it joining the alliance despite GMI already having a Colombian operator, Colombo Jet. If Violet was to join GMI, it is most probable that Colombo Jet would be removed from the alliance due to high competition between the airlines.

Why would i be removed?

banner_signature_northern.png

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

As yourself and Violet are competitors :P

Although, I have yet to decide on anything with violet, so Colombo Jet will not be removed for the foreseeable future.

Oggey

Oggey

Disgusting, sick, and nasty member

• 1,006 posts

Can i have some words on the quality carrier Fly Balls which are a part of you alliance? :P

12ca1c99cc.png

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

Fly balls is actually on the verge of being kicked as they have ignored recent attempts of contact regarding the brand and service :P

Fresh Airways

Fresh Airways

AE Addict To-Be

• 22 posts

I will be back with fresh next weekend (possibly after) - BIG things are in the pipeline :) 

WIFI.png

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

just no more 20% on marketing :P

Fresh Airways

Fresh Airways

AE Addict To-Be

• 22 posts

nope ;) 

WIFI.png

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

Fly balls is actually on the verge of being kicked as they have ignored recent attempts of contact regarding the brand and service :P

May i suggest you kick yourself (Kai London) out of GMI? :P I mean seriously, from my findings your 77Es are in a cramped 10/52/228 configuration. Seriously, it's bloody longhaul that you're putting these aircraft on. Furthermore, you are using the same IFS in business as well as in economy which i find ridiculous. 

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

Kai London is on the verge of bloody well going bust at the moment :cry:

I will so anything to keep it running (selling many 747's :P )

the 77W's will have a much more generous and realistic seat config and I am going to change that of the 77E :)

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

11 billion dollars in valuation. going bust seems likely.

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

only because I own my whole fleet, many of which are relatively new aircraft, I shouldnt have ordered the 110 aircraft yet, almost killed me :P

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

I will be using this thread to provide updates to ther world off AE about what is happening inside the world of Kai & GMI. (does that make sense?)

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

R4

• Kaibaby.com
  • Scarlet
  • Polaris Airlines
  • Canadian Airlines
  • LACAVE Cape Verde
  • Air Ethiopia

Kaibaby.com has leased 2 Boeing 737-600 aircraft from ILFC for the 2010 summer season to be based at Robin Hood Doncaster/Sheffield airport. These aircraft will be used to increase frequencies on most popular holiday destinations and introduce 6 new destinations to the airport: Murcia-San Javier, Mahon, Ibiza, Lanzarote, Reus & Crete(Heraklion). Heraklion is a new destination for the airline which will also be added at Manchester, East Midlands & Belfast.

Currently, GMI has a total of 45 members.

Canada 1 Has recently been kicked from the alliance due to multiple breakages of terms and rules as well as GMI no longer seeing the carrier as fit for the alliance due to its over expansion and scam-like strategies. Canada 1 has since attempted multiple times to re join the alliance but these requests have all been rejected and GMI has no plans as of yet to allow the carrier to rejoin unless new standards can be met and proved.

Kai London ​has received its first of 25 brand new Boeing 777-300ER aircraft. These aircraft are expected to enter service by December 2005 on Asian routes. These aircraft will feature a new 5-Star IFE and GMI's new 4-Star Excellium Menu in First Class with the standard GMI Plus being served in Economy Premium and GMI Basics in Main Economy.

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

MSA Maltin Servizzi Avjazzjoni has finally launched its first of many long haul routes to New York JFK with its brand new Airbus A340-500 aircraft. Miami, Orlando and Las Vegas are most likely to follow.

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

JS Holidays Has leased 2 Boeing 737-500 aircraft from low cost carrier, Buzzing. These aircraft are to be used at the JS's new hub at Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield airport, flying to an array of destinations across the Mediterranean and Canary Islands. JS Holidays has also  based one of its own Boeing 757-300 aircraft at the airport for flights to Egypt, Cyprus and selected routes to Turkey. Sharm El-Sheik, Adana, Dalaman, Bodrum, Kos & Heraklion are new destinations for the airline.

JS Holidays Has added 2 new destinations to its fast-growing long haul network, Barbados(Bridgetown) & Cancun. These flights will be flown by the airlines Boeing 767-300ER aircraft from London Stansted, Newcastle, London Gatwick (Bridgetown only) & Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield(limited charter basis).

Lollipop. Japan Has joined GMI as the alliances first Japanese carrier. The airline, based in Hiroshima flies to 39 Asian destinations with a fleet of five Airbus A320-200 aircraft and has recently placed an order for 20 Brand New Airbus A319LR aircraft for expansion on the wider Asian market.

Aér Venezia Has began scaling back its long haul services from home base, Venice (Marco Polo). These cut-backs are due to the carrier being unable to profit on many of its long haul routes. Miami and Chicago are so far the only confirmed destinations to be cut but more are expected to be cut soon. The airline is considering the Asian and Middle Eastern markets as possible replacements for the loss of some American routes.

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

Buzzing Has retired the last of its ageing Boeing 737-300 & -400 aircraft, being replaced with brand new Boeing 737-700 & -800 aircraft and -500 aircraft in low demand cases. Buzzing is said to be in talks with Boeing over the possibility of an order of up to 25 Brand New Boeing 737-600 aircraft to replace its older -500 series aircraft as well as for expansion at smaller airports such as Durham Tees Valley, Derry & Barrow-in-Furness. Although, newer -600 series aircraft would not be delivered  until at least 2009 as Buzzing has previously said that it would not begin to retire its -500 aircraft until then.

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

R4

• Kaibaby.com
  • Scarlet
  • Polaris Airlines
  • Canadian Airlines
  • LACAVE Cape Verde
  • Air Ethiopia

Scarlet Has continued its expansion with 3 Dubai-based Airbus A330-200 aircraft, now flying to over 10 Russian destinations from Dubai. a further 2 A330's are expected by the end of 2011.

Scarlet Has leased 2 Airbus A321-232 aircraft for its new base in Ufa, as its Tu-204's do not have sufficient range to reach many of the airlines destinations in the west of the mediterranean in such countries as Spain & Portugal. Scarlet has also based 2 further Tu-204's at Ufa for Egyptian and Greek destinations.

Currently, GMI has a total of 48 members in R-Delta.

Kai London Has begun replacement of its older Boeing 757-200 aircraft with brand new Boeing 737-900ER aircraft on short haul routes. 9 aircraft have so far been retired.

Kai London Has deferred a number of aircraft delivered until January 2008, which were due to be delivered throughout the summer and autumn seasons, again raising concerns about the financial health of the airline. Despite this, CEO of the carrier stated "These deferrals have absolutely nothing to do with the financial health of Kai London, and is simply due to a small issue with a number of recently delivered 737NG & 777 family aircraft, which must be corrected before we will accept any further deliveries and January 2008 is the most likely date for this." Both Boeing and Kai London refused to release any details on exactly what 'issue' these aircraft where suffering from, but these dates for fixing a disclosed 'issue' seem to be meeting those of fellow GMI member and low cost airline, fly flynn, who at had deferred a number of it deliveries for the same period of times last year when, it too, was supposed to be receiving deliveries of both 737NG & 777 family aircraft, raising concerns over a possible safety issue with the aircraft.

Buzzing is said to be in talks with Boeing over a possible order of a further 35 737-700 aircraft to replace its fleet if 737-500 aircraft as well as expand at smaller airports in the south of the UK, where Buzzing has slowly been upping its presence in recent years.

JS Holidays Has purchased the two Boeing 737-500 aircraft it had been leasing from fellow GMI member, Buzzing, as JS has yet to see it viable to replace the aircraft, both based at Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield airport, with the considerably larger Boeing 737-800 airrcaft as the market at Robin Hood is said to have had a freeze in growth, with passengers still not leaning towards the new airport over its larger surrounding airports such as Manchester, Leeds Bradford & most importantly, East Midlands airport, where airlines often offer considerably lower fares with much higher frequencies as well as many more destinations.

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

So much for daily, I'm awful.

R4

GMI has begun operations within R4 for the first time since Q1 2013 with Monarch Airlines (ZB/LTN) as head of the alliance. The alliance will be headquartered in Luton, UK for this round.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: S3C, O1, Rδ, R6, R4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users