107 replies to this topic

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Have you seen Luxair before?

yeah, the airline located in a country with mostly rich people with no long-haul flights from it's biggest airport?

They're safe. The market in Luxembourg is too small for LCC to take over. France, UK, Spain, Germany and Italy would be the main target for failure.

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

yeah, the airline located in a country with mostly rich people with no long-haul flights from it's biggest airport?

They're safe. The market in Luxembourg is too small for LCC to take over. France, UK, Spain, Germany and Italy would be the main target for failure.

Easyjet is expanding in LUX.
If you've seen Alitalia, Air Serbia and air Berlin you'll see that Etihad will prop up any problem airlines. That said, no matter how cheap airlines become there'll still be a market for good service. On top of that, no one will go down without a fight.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Easyjet is expanding in LUX.
If you've seen Alitalia, Air Serbia and air Berlin you'll see that Etihad will prop up any problem airlines. That said, no matter how cheap airlines become there'll still be a market for good service. On top of that, no one will go down without a fight.

When they go bust, their government would just inject another billion to help the company. So, yeah, wouldn't see anyone go bust until their government goes broke as well.

Mattéo

Mattéo

Captain of the sinking boat

• 41 posts

I'm no expert nor a European regarding this topic, but is the European aviation industry this fragile? wow

vsauce

vsauce

travelling at 35 km/h

• 636 posts

User's Awards

I'm no expert nor a European regarding this topic, but is the European aviation industry this fragile? wow

yes, because FR is killing everyone

09f14b347b.jpg

xjF8rVw.png

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

Doubt it. Seeing as they have enough green to buy out our national airline, they'll survive until Ryanair and easyJet plan transcontinental.

That's not too far away, especially Ryanair.
Besides talking fares, I compared flights from LGW to Seville on 20th July, and 28th July return. Ryanair's 28th July cost 3 times the price of Easyjets, at £91, vs Easyjets £30!

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

It really isn't.

That's not too far away, especially Ryanair.
Besides talking fares, I compared flights from LGW to Seville on 20th July, and 28th July return. Ryanair's 28th July cost 3 times the price of Easyjets, at £91, vs Easyjets £30!

Funny you should mention that, because I went to the easyjet website and found no flights between LGW and Seville on the 20th, with a £104 flight back on the 28th. Strange, don't you think?

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

I'd say Transavia may start losing business to other companies. Also, their name sounds like TransAsia, which might convince people not to fly with them.

If You're Reading This It's Too Late

Dinner

Dinner

AEs out-of-date cold breakfast

• 66 posts

I'd say Transavia may start losing business to other companies. Also, their name sounds like TransAsia, which might convince people not to fly with them.

Trans-A-Via

Trans-A-Sha

:hmmph:

Maybe written down they look the same? Certainly don't sound the same. And I have a feeling people have enough sense to realise the airline bringing them from Amsterdam to Pisa is not the same as the Taiwanese airline that had a few ATR crashes recently.

I do hope Stobart Air slips and crashes, albeit unlikely for the time being.

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

I do hope Stobart Air slips and crashes, albeit unlikely for the time being.

Thing is, perhaps if BA takes over Aer Lingus, Aer Lingus Regional (Stobart Air's main customer) will probably be shut down, leaving Stobart to fend for themselves. Which they will probably lose.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

I would say Lufthansa gonna goes under soon. I mean, B747 and A340 in this era? No wonder they keep losing money. Not to mentioned they only started retiring their B737 classic this year. The strike and the Germanwings accident don't help either. They don't follow the aircraft trend soon enough. I mean, still no B787 or A330NEO order. I can't believe they are actually ordering B747-8i instead of B777-300ER. Now that's stupid isn't it.

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

I would say Lufthansa gonna goes under soon. I mean, B747 and A340 in this era? No wonder they keep losing money. Not to mentioned they only started retiring their B737 classic this year. The strike and the Germanwings accident don't help either. They don't follow the aircraft trend soon enough. I mean, still no B787 or A330NEO order. I can't believe they are actually ordering B747-8i instead of B777-300ER. Now that's stupid isn't it.

Nah. Germanwings were due to disappear anyway, becoming EuroWings.

Dinner

Dinner

AEs out-of-date cold breakfast

• 66 posts

Thing is, perhaps if BA takes over Aer Lingus, Aer Lingus Regional (Stobart Air's main customer) will probably be shut down, leaving Stobart to fend for themselves. Which they will probably lose.

Seems possible, but EI Regional probs won't shut down. BA has CityFlyer, which is its regional wing. EI Regio will still be there, albeit it might be pushed to operate by itself instead of Stobart.

Haha nope. IIRC, Lufthansa is still making profits. If it slips, the German government will probably step in and do something. It feeds Germany's main demand for air transport, so it going down in flames seems unlikely.

Maybe Flybe will go down. Maybe. Hope so. If it does, I think I'll die of happiness.

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

Shutting EI Regional would be stupid. It accounts for a third of EI TATL passengers and it means that they don't have to pay pilots as much.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Seems possible, but EI Regional probs won't shut down. BA has CityFlyer, which is its regional wing. EI Regio will still be there, albeit it might be pushed to operate by itself instead of Stobart.

Haha nope. IIRC, Lufthansa is still making profits. If it slips, the German government will probably step in and do something. It feeds Germany's main demand for air transport, so it going down in flames seems unlikely.

Maybe Flybe will go down. Maybe. Hope so. If it does, I think I'll die of happiness.

I mean, I thought that's the point for this question isn't it? They would go bust (declare bankruptcy) but they would never ceased operations because their government would injects billions to save them. But they would still go bust, you know, just like Swissair.

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

I kinda want to see FlyBe go bankrupt☺

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

I would say Virgin Atlantic. They're in the verge of collapsing, and the British Government surely would love to see that happen.

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

I would say Virgin Atlantic. They're in the verge of collapsing, and the British Government surely would love to see that happen.

They made a profit last year...
... And Delta is holding them up.

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

South African Airways are technically insolvent right now.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

They made a profit last year...
... And Delta is holding them up.

LOL, last year, we gotta see this year. Look at Norwegian Air Shuttle, 1 year and -NOK1,050 million. Delta might help them, but British Airways is always there to bought them out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users