Photo

Selling my aircraft

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Simpleboy

Simpleboy

• 69 posts
Guys, i hope its fine by you that i sell my A340-600 at half price to Australis. I dont want to be held to be a feeder airline becuase im not, just this situation with not buying gates has lead me to leave AE becuase no one has given me a proper explanation of what occured and I've waited long enough for an explanation and it doesnt seem to be coming. Id rather go than all this waiting for something that cant change what happened.

CU_Buffs1985

CU_Buffs1985

• 38 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:TheThumb14410
If you want to leave, that's fine, however I fail to understand why you must sell your aircraft in order to leave??? (especially at half price in a pre-negotiated agreement)

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
It wasnt really pre-negotiated.....

Obviously, not an ideal situation to be in and let me guess... makes me look bad for picking his aircraft out. But, put urself in his position for a minute.. he bought a A340-600 and has some money left to buy gate, yet he cant buy them because he is not allow. He opens a thread to discuss a matter and yet, Miller hasnt replied nor tried to answer his question...

Now, for me, i feel my buddy is getting the hard end of the stick for not getting help from the person who can help him the most. This is a situation which no one wants to be in and i think Simpleboy needs to be helped now.

I, for one, wont be touching that A340-600 until i, like many others get a clear answer for Miller , the man behind AE and which, knows the main rules. However, i hope Miller reads this post and helps my buddy, which feels dissappoint in that no help has been given yet...

Im a AE mod and want to know where the boundaries are and not have to find out the hard way.

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com
This is a very fine line between many issues that has been covered over the past week.

Travelhouse views are clear and simple.

The changes to the (Credit) issue should of been posted before it was made in this forum so all players know that if they buy a large aircraft and if they have a negitive (red line) when this new aircraft is delivered will (NOT) be able to purchase any items till negitive credit is replaced into the black.

Having read this forum on the past cheating claims and the airlines banned and fined then if travelhouse was offered this aircraft at 1/2 price in a private sale then one would reject it.

You all may ask why! and one is concerned that the maker of AE has different views on each issue posted in the forum. If travelhouse buys it on the used market at below value then this is ok as thats the place to buy and sell. But if simpleboy offered it to travelhouse at 1/2 price I would be suspect that travelhouse was being set-up to be corrupt and duly would reject it.

Many have said that if you are between a (Rock and a hardcake) stuck in otherwords, then like the top valued aircraft on the used market player you must decide if you sell it at book value or below price.

Having read that in the last game Australis and Kiwi Air did sell aircraft between each other and the forum reply was crammed with comments on this, one would say that its Australis problem to deal with and as in the first few days of 1/2 price selling Australis was fined by the program maker, one would not even think of enteing that mine field again.

It is a very touchy issue and one travelhouse would say, do not buy it let it be sold on the used market and if simpleboy is not going to keep playing then the makers of AE have the moth ball option there to dispose of any aircraft before leaving AE.

Paco Ardizzone

Paco Ardizzone

• 119 posts
I think an auction would have been a better idea, altough that way the richest person would have got the A340.

Simpleboy

Simpleboy

• 69 posts
Except for the fact i tried to buy gates when i had $660,000. It still told me I didnt have enough funds.
WITH OR WITHOUT CREDIT I STILL HAD ENOUGH MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats why im going to be leaving unless A DAMN GOOD REASON FOR WHY THIS HAS HAPPENED IS GIVEN TO ME.

The deal of selling to Australis isnt certain yet, Im waiting to find out what will or will not happen regarding to this to make a final decision.

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

Originally posted by Simpleboy
Except for the fact i tried to buy gates when i had $660,000. It still told me I didnt have enough funds.
WITH OR WITHOUT CREDIT I STILL HAD ENOUGH MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats why im going to be leaving unless A DAMN GOOD REASON FOR WHY THIS HAS HAPPENED IS GIVEN TO ME.

The deal of selling to Australis isnt certain yet, Im waiting to find out what will or will not happen regarding to this to make a final decision.

Then if one can suggest that you word your headding so miller22 will notice it more and read it as its like a general sale ad and miller22 will not look in that.

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
The deal with the A340-600 hasnt yet been set in stone. Im more than happy for Kiwi to do anything he wishes. If it is to be an auction, so be it. And travelhouse, yes, we did have a gentlemen's agreement where he supplied my airline in the last game with aircraft.

Next, the problem here is that a simple request for help wasnt giving. Im a mod, but i never been in that position, thus im useless in answering his problem, which he asked me about. My only suggestion to him was to buy his A340-600, even if that meant been held a cheat, once again.

Only Miller can help him yet it seems Miller hasnt answered his question directly.

TonyAirMed

TonyAirMed

• 37 posts
if you want to leave just moithball the aircraft and leave
if you want to go on dont sell the aircraft at half price,cause you will be very undervaluated,go bankrrupcy.
Or if you want to sell it at half price put in on public sale for the faster ,that would be fair.
Or sell it not at half price,only a little undervaluated.

The words "half price" sounds very very bad.

In my opinion as mod Australis shouldnt accept the deal.

[Edited on 10/10/2005 by TonyAirMed]

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
No one here knows the exact rules of what is fair and honest and what is classified as cheating, not even me...

Since i got that fine, im not clearer on what is seen as cheating and what is seen as honest. Leaving this issue aside about the A340-600, we need to look at the broader picture, we all know that 50% of value is the lower limit, so why cant we do that and sell to anyone we wish? I, in the last game, sold aircraft at 50% of value yet didnt get the same treatment as this time around..

It feels like a lack of transparency is happening...

Paco Ardizzone

Paco Ardizzone

• 119 posts
it is more about the point of selling the aircraft @ 50% value because of leaving AE. If someone would continue AE he would almost never sell an airplane at 50% value unless he was extremely rich and had no use for the aircraft.

Maybe there should be a limit of some sorts:
- if an airline has less then 5 aircraft he can sell aircraft @ 85% value
- if an airline has between 6 and 15 aircraft he can sell aircraft @ 75% value
- if an airline has between 16 and 25 aircraft he can sell aircraft @ 65% value
- if an airline has more then 26 aircraft he can sell aircraft @ 50% value

this kind of setup will prevent feeder airlines in the beginning as less profit can be made with selling aircraft.

This of course is just a quick idea, but in real life you wouldnt sell your only aircraft @ 50% value.

TonyAirMed

TonyAirMed

• 37 posts
oK,so thanks for the transparency...
Anyway you sold at half price to get gates ,it was a change.this is not a change its a gift.
Another point, is the game allow this,so make friends to get help and good deals is part of the game.
At the end as in the real life,there will be airlines that make well,and another that get help from goverments or other airlines.
Manage an airline has both sides...

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

Originally posted by Maestro69
No one here knows the exact rules of what is fair and honest and what is classified as cheating, not even me...

Since i got that fine, im not clearer on what is seen as cheating and what is seen as honest. Leaving this issue aside about the A340-600, we need to look at the broader picture, we all know that 50% of value is the lower limit, so why cant we do that and sell to anyone we wish? I, in the last game, sold aircraft at 50% of value yet didnt get the same treatment as this time around..

It feels like a lack of transparency is happening...

Then Australis, I think it is your role as a MOD of this forum for you to message the makers of AE to please explain.

Seeing that the makers do not answer any questions put directly to them.

ajax_rotterd

ajax_rotterd

• 63 posts
If you just mothball the aircraft...
That is the most honest way of quiting.

watchdog

watchdog

Senior AE Manager

• 534 posts

Originally posted by ajax_rotterd
If you just mothball the aircraft...
That is the most honest way of quiting.

Exactly

watchdog

watchdog

Senior AE Manager

• 534 posts

Originally posted by Rainbow
it is more about the point of selling the aircraft @ 50% value because of leaving AE. If someone would continue AE he would almost never sell an airplane at 50% value unless he was extremely rich and had no use for the aircraft.

Maybe there should be a limit of some sorts:
- if an airline has less then 5 aircraft he can sell aircraft @ 85% value
- if an airline has between 6 and 15 aircraft he can sell aircraft @ 75% value
- if an airline has between 16 and 25 aircraft he can sell aircraft @ 65% value
- if an airline has more then 26 aircraft he can sell aircraft @ 50% value

this kind of setup will prevent feeder airlines in the beginning as less profit can be made with selling aircraft.

This of course is just a quick idea, but in real life you wouldnt sell your only aircraft @ 50% value.

Valid Points Miller should consider.

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      
Negotiating skills in business is also extremely important. I managed to haggle the price of a Q400 down by $700,000.

However, we can all see Maestro is a very talented and extremely aggresive "businessman" who pounces on every target before the competitors realise and uses his excellent negotiating skills to get the best deals.

ajax_rotterd

ajax_rotterd

• 63 posts
You are just saying that because he is in your alliance......:P

Jaime

Jaime

• 504 posts
There is a mothball option, which I think is the fairest/honest way of leaving the game.

If you don't want to leave the game and you want to sell the aircraft, to get some money, to invest in gates and aircraft, then I guess the best way would be place it in the second hand market, or hold an auction.

WTF everybody that is leaving, sells aircraft at half price to Maestro, there are 1000 more airlines. Fishy smell if you ask me.

Lets start the auction, I'll pay 0.5M$ more than Australis. :P

[Edited on 10/10/2005 by Ymmij]

watchdog

watchdog

Senior AE Manager

• 534 posts

Originally posted by Ymmij
There is a mothball option, which I think is the fairest/honest way of leaving the game.

If you don't want to leave the game and you want to sell the aircraft, to get some money, to invest in gates and aircraft, then I guess the best way would be place it in the second hand market, or hold an auction.

WTF everybody that is leaving, sells aircraft at half price to Maestro, there are 1000 more airlines. Fishy smell if you ask me.

Lets start the auction, I'll pay 0.5M$ more than Australis. :P

[Edited on 10/10/2005 by Ymmij]

hahaha Funny - OK I will join in this now.

If you want CASH - Try Cash Converters...........Not Australis Converters :):P:D:P:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users