• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

The Malaysian Kiwi

The Malaysian Kiwi

AE Player

• 63 posts
  • Skype Name:denzel.chung

User's Awards

OK, this probably isn't as serious as the title suggests, but I would like a bit of assistance anyway.

I have a fledgling little airline based in Antananarivo, Madagascar, named Madagascar Air Lines. It is ranked 90th, and currently has a hard-working fleet of 3x Boeing 737-400s and 2x Boeing 737-700s, as well as a range of destinations all over Africa.

Now, there is a huge amount of potential here. The only problem is, I have reached my maximum amount of slots available in my single gate. Antananarivo - Ivato Airport has run out of gates, though, and in place of the "Lease Gate" button is a "Build Terminal" button. This is where it gets slightly messier.

Apparently, I cannot build a terminal unless it is at my hub, and I cannot build a hub unless I have leased 5 or more gates at the airport. As a result, I have one semi-idle 737-400, operating 7 hours a week and draining my finances. I cannot expand any more.

If you read through this whole thing, thank you. I probably made it sound so much more important than it really is, so if you can think of a solution (except for doing nothing and waiting, which is all I can think of now), that would be very  much appreciated.

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

I've found that opening up a terminal actually saves money on gate costs

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Nick of DC Airways

Nick of DC Airways

DC Airways CEO

• 187 posts
What world is this in?

Avant Member | Aspire Member

Sig.png

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

I think it is S1. I had the exact same dilemma. I shut down that airline though. No way around it, unless there are other airports on the island.

Pineair

Pineair

AE Luver

• 474 posts

User's Awards

10    16    12       9   
It is possible that gates will become available for example an airline may go out of business. In the meantime while not such high demand you will have to begin flights from one of the smaller airports on the island. Just keep checking.....

mxax-ai

mxax-ai

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 585 posts

User's Awards

3    3      
The problem is when there either is no other airport or when there are only tiny ones left. The bigger ones usually are out of gates too. It gets even more annoying when you know that the other airlines leasing gates are not utilising them 100 percent.
It would really solve the problem if you had to build a terminal first to make a hub, not the other way round. Or you have to open a hub as first thing you do, but a small airline cannot always support a hub, especially at the beginning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users