Hub/Terminal Chicken and Egg issue

S1

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

xarxa

xarxa

prop enthusiast

• 40 posts

This may have been brought up before, but I cannot, for the life of me, find anything on the forums with regards to the issue I'm experiencing.

In S1, I currently have four gates at my HQ airport.  I was unable to get enough planes together to get 201 flights going before the two month time period elapsed and lost my fifth gate.  Currently, my HQ airport has "-2" gates available.

To get more gates, I want to build a terminal.  But I can't.  I get a lovely "You can build a terminal only at your own hub." message.  OK, no problem.  I'll designate my HQ as a hub.  But I only have four gates at my HQ, and thus cannot make it a hub either.

I don't recall this being an issue in the R-worlds I've played in.  Is this a S-World (or S1 specific issue)?   Is this functioning "as-intended"?  Shouldn't I be able to construct a terminal and designate it as a hub?  Maybe there should be a gate count exception for designating HQs as hubs?  Have I missed something that explains this specific issue?  Could I possibly ask any more questions in this final paragraph?

Nick of DC Airways

Nick of DC Airways

DC Airways CEO

• 187 posts
You can only designate a hub at an airport in which you have 10 gates. If I recall correctly S1 is 1 hub/1 terminal in which you need to have a hub at the airport to build a terminal. So in that world it is impossible to build a terminal until gates free up. Sorry.

Avant Member | Aspire Member

Sig.png

xarxa

xarxa

prop enthusiast

• 40 posts

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN

Txpilot

Txpilot

• 62 posts

You need only 5 gates to open a hub. It's correct that S1 is a 1 HUB game, so same issue if you can't get another gate. But, there is no requirement to have your HUB in your HQ city. 

TxWest
[23132]

xarxa

xarxa

prop enthusiast

• 40 posts

I know.  I should've just designated my HQ as a hub from the get-go.  I'm pondering bankrupting the airline and starting all over.  Bah.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,363 posts

This is a side effect introduced when terminal restrictions were added (originally S1 just said "one hub", which was completely ineffective for obvious reasons). In 2-3 days I'll take a look and see what the best solution is (that won't introduce more undesirable side effects). :P

xarxa

xarxa

prop enthusiast

• 40 posts

Thanks!

Working as a software engineer in my day job, i know the undesirable side effects can come all too easily.

Don't take too long working on it - I don't want to distract from AE4!

mxax-ai

mxax-ai

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 585 posts

User's Awards

3    3      

To reactivate this forum again, as I'm facing the same problem (expanding not possible due to no gates left for leasing to open a hub to build a terminal): Why not force airlines to build a terminal first and THEN open a hub rather than doing it the other way round? It'd solve the problem of opening too many big hubs/focus cities if you limit the terminal number to 1 and leave at least some room for expansion for later start-ups.

NGF

NGF

• 1 posts

I am facing same problem too. I want to lease more gate to build terminal but there is not enough gates at my HQ in S1. I got 5 gates when I start operate my airlines (and the airport shown the gates left in negative value), but now my airline left 2 gates at my HQ while I haven't return my gates back. I want to operate more flight and I hope I'll get help from AE Developer!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: S1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users