Air Formosa - Aero
Air Formosa lite logo
Aero

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

Regarding Rules #2, how about this. Two airlines owned by same player can fly a route together provided they are not based in same country.

So if a player have airline A based in US and airline B in UK, they are allowed to fly ATL-LHR together. But if A and B both based in US, they are not allowed to fly ATL-LHR or any domestic flight together. 

This to imply that they are code-sharing instead of co-operate to kill the competition in given route, as they would only operate together on route between the two countries, instead of every possible routes if they based in same country.

Thoughts?

What about a case of an express/regional airline and a mainline carrier operating on the same route? :P

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

Amadeus Inc.

Amadeus Inc.

Group CEO, Amadeus Inc.

• 355 posts

User's Awards

6    7    10    6    2   

What about a case of an express/regional airline and a mainline carrier operating on the same route? :P

I don't think they should, I thought regional operates route in which mainline operation is not feasible.  If mainline operate on certain route, they would not assign a regional to fly together and take away their pax.  :P

pseudoswede

pseudoswede

Play to win.

• 402 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

I don't think they should, I thought regional operates route in which mainline operation is not feasible.  If mainline operate on certain route, they would not assign a regional to fly together and take away their pax.  :P

Legacy US carriers do it all the time.

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

Regional airlines can be used to pad frequencies.

Amadeus Inc.

Amadeus Inc.

Group CEO, Amadeus Inc.

• 355 posts

User's Awards

6    7    10    6    2   

Legacy US carriers do it all the time.

Regional airlines can be used to pad frequencies.

I see, even more reason to review the rule, no?  :P

Anyway can you give an example of mainline and regional flying a route together, I'm still curious.. thanks!

pseudoswede

pseudoswede

Play to win.

• 402 posts

User's Awards

3    4      
AA DEN-ORD : two mainline, two regional
UA AUS-SFO : one mainline, two regional (soon to be two mainline)

I believe AA and UA mix both mainline and regional to lots of midwestern cities (e.g., MCI, STL, DSM, OMA, etc.).

Amadeus Inc.

Amadeus Inc.

Group CEO, Amadeus Inc.

• 355 posts

User's Awards

6    7    10    6    2   

AA DEN-ORD : two mainline, two regional
UA AUS-SFO : one mainline, two regional (soon to be two mainline)

I believe AA and UA mix both mainline and regional to lots of midwestern cities (e.g., MCI, STL, DSM, OMA, etc.).

Okay, understood, thanks!

I can see now on DEN-ORD, AA fly it with its own MD83 while American Eagle fly it on behalf AA with CRJ700

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

Air New Zealand, Wellington to Christchurch [733 +  ATR]

Qantas and Virgin Australia, Sydney to Canberra. [Variety of aircraft including QSeries, ATR and 738]

They're not that hard to find at all.

JandE

JandE

• 1 posts

I have a problem concerning routes. Sometimes my route will lose profit if someone else comes in and starts overflowing the daily demand. Do they lose money too??? It feels like everyone else knows what's going on except for me.

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

Maybe they have more efficient planes, maybe flooding with hubs and connecting passengers makes them money still, maybe scamIFS helps them to some extent.

And maybe they actually do lose money, and trying to strong-arm you out of the market and waiting for you to blink first and retreat. Your airlines are still fairly small and easy to push out, and they might see you as easy prey, and 100-200 k loss for them for a while is nothing compared to letting you grow and compete.

Nothing new in real world capitalism actually, big guys dumping prices to kill small competition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users