Photo

Operating Flights For Other Airlines

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

w007dchuck

w007dchuck

I am a woodchuck with a license to kill.

• 41 posts
Let's say we have two airlines. Airline A has over 200 destinations and is very successful, and wants to start flights to smaller airports. Airline B is just starting out. Could Airline B operate the flights, much like SkyWest operates flights for Delta as Delta Connection and for American Eagle? And could we see this in a future version of AE?

Andy-J

Andy-J

probably been on here too many years now....oh well

• 158 posts

User's Awards

Fantastic. I'm having to do this as a roleplay subsidiary right now.
-------Andy-J

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

As in codeshare? That's coming in in AE4.

FlyAirwest

FlyAirwest

AE Addict To-Be

• 18 posts

As in codeshare? That's coming in in AE4.

No, not codeshare - it's a subsidiary. So manager A would own the "parent" airline (i.e. Delta) and manager B would own the "subsidiary" (i.e. SkyWest). Each would conduct their own operations, but their individual routes would count towards a common total.

Airwest - Fly with the Yellowtails!

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts

No, not codeshare - it's a subsidiary. So manager A would own the "parent" airline (i.e. Delta) and manager B would own the "subsidiary" (i.e. SkyWest). Each would conduct their own operations, but their individual routes would count towards a common total.

Just so that you know, SkyWest is a separate regional airline that contracts with multiple other airlines in the US. It is not owned by any parent airline. :P

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

i was thinking abouting posting about that actually.

FlyAirwest

FlyAirwest

AE Addict To-Be

• 18 posts

Just so that you know, SkyWest is a separate regional airline that contracts with multiple other airlines in the US. It is not owned by any parent airline. :P

Right. I was not indicating an actual state of ownership but a "parent/subsidiary" relationship between two separate entities.

Airwest - Fly with the Yellowtails!

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts

Right. I was not indicating an actual state of ownership but a "parent/subsidiary" relationship between two separate entities.

There is no parent/subsidiary relationship between SkyWest and any US airline, rather it's more of a codeshare.

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

Isn't it more akin to a wet lease/charter thing? :P

compareandfly

compareandfly

• 7 posts

Right,its a subsidiary. AirlineA and AirlineB conduct their operations their own.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,364 posts

Codesharing is very possible in AE 4 - see http://www.airline-e...connecting-pax/

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts

Like US Airways owning (100%) subsidiaries US Airways Shuttle, Piedmont Airlines, Inc. and PSA Airlines, Inc

So would it be possible to have this option wholly in-house (100% owned subsidiaries)

US Airways Group

|

|-----  US Airways Shuttle (formerly Trump Shuttle)

|-----  Piedmont Airlines, Inc.  dba US Airways Express

|-----  PSA Airlines, Inc.  dba US Airways Express

Also having a multi ownership function within Airline Empires

for example two airlines (2 people) each owning half of a third airline, with the third airline (no person) operating as a fully controlled subsidiary of both airline owners (codeshare)

person 1 - Airline A 50% ownership -----|

person 2 - Airline B 50% ownership -----|       

|

|----- Airline C ( no person because it is owned and controlled by Airlines A & B )

with the ability to buy / sell ownership of airlines within Airline Empires

(with bankrupt airlines in Airline Empires being sold to other airlines in a bankruptcy sale by the Airline Empires auto bankruptcy trustee - operating as in real life)  

For example - I own US Airways, and Trump Shuttle is put up for sale in a bankruptcy sale, and I am the winning bidder

then Trump Shuttle would be renamed US Airways Shuttle as a wholly owned subsidiary of US Airways

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users